Stanford with a HUGE comeback against Colorado!

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Stanford with a HUGE comeback against Colorado!

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Down 0-29 at halftime! Colorado completely imploded including multiple disastrous defensive penalties leading to touchdowns, and absolutely embarrassment by Deion Sanders and his coaching staff. Colorado had 17 penalties and had continued fighting on the sidelines including between Prime and a player. I still think Prime will end up being a good coach but this was an absolute embarrassment for Deion and the Colorado coaching staff!

As for Stanford, they found something with Daniels at QB especially now that he has a favorite target in Ayomanor, that was one of the best games I’ve ever seen from a college WR!
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Re: Stanford with a HUGE comeback against Colorado!

Post by bellsduck »

Absolutely another crazy late night game. This year has been the most entertaining games. The Stanford play calling was literally just throw the ball to #13. Almost 300 receiving yards in one half was amazing.
Deion is not a good coach yet. Not D1 good yet. He will attract talent because of his name, but he has a lot to learn about coaching. Twice he's opted to take the ball first in OT. His time out usage is horrible. And his gold headphones are ridiculous. So many bad penalties. 12 men on the field 3-4 times. I think they only had 10 on the field on the final Stanford FG. Just a crazy game.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

Will anyone hold Deion accountable for his complete and utter stupidity? As was pointed out above, for the second time this season, his team won the coin toss in overtime and he CHOSE to get the ball first. If you actually understand the game of football and have the intelligence to comprehend all the disadvantages & advantages (some of which are blatantly obvious, some of which are more subtle) that go along with going 1st or 2nd in overtime, there would never be any justification for this. His reasoning for it was just as moronic the first time he did it, but since his team won, the media sycophants were silent when it came to any criticism. This is an example of coaching incompetence that rivals Mario's gaffe. In some ways, it is even more egregious.

I remember seeing Deion on a game show a year or two ago. This show required a certain degree of mental acuity and basic intelligence (far from Jeopardy level stuff) to do well at. Deion was a miserable failure. His performance was such that I distinctly remember telling the person I was watching the show with that this is a "Prime" example of the coaching world having a lot of complete morons in it. With that in mind, it isn't the least bit surprising to see examples of this manifest itself on the field.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

That was a great catch off of Hunter's helmet by Ayomanor. Stanford bullied Colorado in the second half and made Deion's team look soft. Shadeur is a good passer, but he makes terrible decisions (or lack of decisions) under pressure. I'm not sure how NFL scouts are viewing his inability to handle the Stanford defense, but I imagine future NIL deals are looking better and better about now.

The Sanders clown show has been really entertaining, but it seems like they are about to resume their normal position as one of the conference doormats. They will be fortunate to even get bowl eligible now. Coach Lanning's comments about them before the season are aging like fine wine.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

gogreen55 wrote:Will anyone hold Deion accountable for his complete and utter stupidity? As was pointed out above, for the second time this season, his team won the coin toss in overtime and he CHOSE to get the ball first. If you actually understand the game of football and have the intelligence to comprehend all the disadvantages & advantages (some of which are blatantly obvious, some of which are more subtle) that go along with going 1st or 2nd in overtime, there would never be any justification for this. His reasoning for it was just as moronic the first time he did it, but since his team won, the media sycophants were silent when it came to any criticism. This is an example of coaching incompetence that rivals Mario's gaffe. In some ways, it is even more egregious.

I remember seeing Deion on a game show a year or two ago. This show required a certain degree of mental acuity and basic intelligence (far from Jeopardy level stuff) to do well at. Deion was a miserable failure. His performance was such that I distinctly remember telling the person I was watching the show with that this is a "Prime" example of the coaching world having a lot of complete morons in it. With that in mind, it isn't the least bit surprising to see examples of this manifest itself on the field.
Fake news media is in sports too. Deion is a fraud. The JC on his coaching shirt sleeve seems odd given what his teams’ attitude, language, choice of “music” and videos of his team shows us. I’m a big Shadeur fan, he seems to be a good guy, humble and nothing like his siblings and their attitudes and actions. Deion throws his team under the bus iinstead of owning up to WRI? Like I said this team is going to finish 6-6 or worse but the media will loudly lobby to make sure the Sanders show gets into a bowl game.
Last edited by nogerO on Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

They have to upset a team that can run the ball now to go bowling, though at 5-7 they're getting a waiver, lol.
duckpoint
Three Star Recruit

Post by duckpoint »

Just proves to me that Deon will do whatever it takes to suck all the oxygen out of the room, steal the thunder of far superior programs, and keep eyes on what will ultimately be Colorado's failed experiment!

Form over substance starts dancing at halftime and forgets to comeback to play the rest of the game...

They will be underdogs from here on out and will be lucky to win one more game.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

And Shadeur was too busy selling merch during the game, to focus on making solid decisions. Lanning was right, they are focused on clicks not W.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Things just aligned for CU early in the year. People saw TCU as the runner-up national champion last year in game 1, not a bottom half Big 12 team. If that game didn't happen, everything so far would've been in line with expectations.

But hey, I'm not going to complain. We had over 9 million people watch us curb stomp them and that wouldn't have happened without all the hype.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

nogerO wrote:Fake news media is in sports too. Deion is a fraud. The JC on his coaching shirt sleeve seems odd given what his teams’ attitude, language, choice of “music” and videos of his team shows us. I’m a big Shadeur fan, he seems to be a good guy, humble and nothing like his siblings and their attitudes and actions. Deion throws his team under the bus iinstead of owning up to WRI? Like I said this team is going to finish 6-6 or worse but the media will loudly lobby to make sure the Sanders show gets into a bowl game.
The JC on his sleeve doesn't stand for what you think it does. It's a tribute to Jimmy Callaway, an equipment manager at Florida State who acted like a father figure/mentor to him and many other players over the years.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2023/09/deion- ... e-callaway
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I had the good fortune of turning this on at the start of the second half and watching Stanford's entire comeback. As soon as Stanford hit that 97-yard bomb and then got the ball back right away you could just see the train coming down the tracks. Messaged my football friends & family and told them to tune in, so we had a nice watch party over messenger. I mean, games like this (like last year's Civil War, too) you just know when it's happening.

Once Stanford hit back, Colorado went down in a heap. The Buffalo sideline looked like a sad clown show. So much disorganization and disfunction, so many dumb penalties, and just soft play from everyone on the field. I mean props to Travis Hunter for trying to do everything, but that team is the very definition of overrated. I mean just embarrassing for Colorado.

On one hand, I kind of love the whole Deion element to this season. It's fantastic drama. But I think we're also seeing why great coaches handle things the way they do -- because it actually works. I'm really not sure what Deion is trying to accomplish by allowing his players to run their mouths, focus on streaming, work on their merch shops during halftime, etc. I mean that's the kind of stuff you'd expect from a team that's not really focused and doesn't care a whole lot about winning. (Shows on the field against equal & superior talent.)

You saw Bo after the loss to UW talking about how proud he was to be a Duck and how he is proud to play and lose with his teammates. I don't think those Colorado players care even half as much about each other or their "mission," if they even have one.

BTW, this is great for a chuckle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JixQVXGhH-o
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

We've hit mid-season and he's now blaming the players that he brought in for being the problem in the post-game interview.

"What I told this team in the locker room is they gotta decide if they like the game or if they is in love with the game."

This isn't last years CU team, this is almost entirely Deion's team and his guys with everyone he processed out.