Dan Lanning top name for Texas A&M coaching job

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Dan Lanning top name for Texas A&M coaching job

Post by woundedknees »

HERE, HERE!
Yep, we hear, loud and clear!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:This really drives it home too :lol:
I love how both Willie and Mario gaslighted the media in an attempt to shame them as a means to detract from what’s really happening as neither of them denied any rumors. It’s clear with Lanning’s response he’s nothing like those two.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

'He ain't coming back" -Hines
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Hines would have to get a new line now under Lanning. Too many recruits ARE coming now. :lol:
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Duck07 wrote:This really drives it home too :lol:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Lanning is on his way to being Oregon’s best coach ever and it won’t even be close.
#lanningstatue
Start looking for an artist.
https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/2014/ ... _univ.html
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

says it all
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

You guys (and gals) have got to admit the way he 2x now had both emphatically shuts down rumors AND thrown serious shade on coaches that have left is next level. With Auburn it was “grass is damn green” and now we have “egg on the face” and “money doesn’t motivate me, winning does”. He’s a real one with a good heart and a savage mindset.
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

I've somehow failed to embed the tweet properly in several attempts, but if you're looking for reassurance, the timing of Sauphia Lanning's latest tweet might give you some of that.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

bdkipe wrote:You guys (and gals) have got to admit the way he 2x now had both emphatically shuts down rumors AND thrown serious shade on coaches that have left is next level. With Auburn it was “grass is damn green” and now we have “egg on the face” and “money doesn’t motivate me, winning does”. He’s a real one with a good heart and a savage mindset.
Dan has earned the title of 'King of Shade' and master of the Duck Universe.
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

Lmduck, preach! But now I seriously need someone to make a graphic image: “He-Dan: Masters Of The Duck Universe”
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

canaduck wrote:I've somehow failed to embed the tweet properly in several attempts, but if you're looking for reassurance, the timing of Sauphia Lanning's latest tweet might give you some of that.
I just went though a bunch of Sauphia’s tweets, the Lanning family is so dedicated to the Ducks and Dan’s vision. Feels nice to have a great coach that can be trusted, I hope he becomes a coach with Oregon tenure like a Brooks or a Whittingham at Utah, even a Sabin at Bama…#DuckDynasty
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

lmduck wrote:
bdkipe wrote:You guys (and gals) have got to admit the way he 2x now had both emphatically shuts down rumors AND thrown serious shade on coaches that have left is next level. With Auburn it was “grass is damn green” and now we have “egg on the face” and “money doesn’t motivate me, winning does”. He’s a real one with a good heart and a savage mindset.
Dan has earned the title of 'King of Shade' and master of the Duck Universe.
And the one I like-The Danimal
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

ducks5ever wrote:says it all
Big dumb lineman with zero character skills.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

bdkipe wrote:Lanning has said multiple times he values relationships, he values connection and the stability of his sons is important to him. I think he is genuine and authentic person and for that reason I don’t think he would leave. He knows he is building something special. He’s also not stupid and has seen coaches leave Oregon for “greener” pastures and fail. I’m sure Rob, Phil & Pat will get together and give him a nice raise and assistant pool bump.

If y’all remember, we had to deal with this with Bellotti too. UCLA, USC & tOSU all came after him and he ultimately stayed.

I don’t begrudge Mario for leaving. We crap on him too much for that when we clearly lucked out and got a better coach for our long-term success. Mario left it better than he found it. Mario was born and raised in Miami. His entire life was Miami. As much of a surly a-hole as he could be to the media the man valued family and his mother was dying. If momma and your Alma Mater are both begging you to come home I’m not going to begrudge you that no matter how awkward your exit is.
Well said.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk