#5 UW @ #11 OSU (4:30 pm, ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Greenblood
Senior

#5 UW @ #11 OSU (4:30 pm, ABC)

Post by Greenblood »

First, I certainly think Beavers fans have every right to be angry that College Gameday isn't showing up in Corvallis this week. This game was the obvious choice, except that Gameday decided to do a Group of Five kindness for this week.

This could be quite a game and with obviously huge implications. (Even more incredible to think how big these last two games for the Beavers would have been had they been able to beat Arizona a few weeks ago!) I think the oddsmakers initially had UW by 1, but now it's OSU by 2½. While I suspect that UW will pull off another tight one, it wouldn't surprise me if the Beavers won, and won rather decisively, by maybe two TDs or more. The Huskies have been playing just well enough to win lately, and I don't know that that's going to cut it this time given how well the Beavers are playing.

Of course, I might immediately send this thread off the rails if I began dwelling on just how huge next week's game at Autzen would be if OSU does beat UW here and the Ducks take care of business in the desert . . .
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: #5 UW @ #11 OSU (4:30 pm, ABC)

Post by pezsez1 »

Beavers are going to win this. Been feeling it for weeks. I really think we exposed how bad Penix is under pressure. Utah got to him but couldn't quite pull the upset, but the Beavers playing at home are dangerous. I think they get to Penix often and get several stops -- enough for the Beavers' offense to take over.

Beavers by two scores.

Ducks big over ASU.

The final Oregon/OSU game will forever be known as Civil War: Endgame.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If Beavis breaks Penix, the shine is off the Apple.

The Ducks came close... Penix was bent for weeks.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

woundedknees wrote:If Beavis breaks Penix, the shine is off the Apple.

The Ducks came close... Penix was bent for weeks.
I’m absolutely certain that if Lewis makes that field goal we would have won an overtime game because our pressure had gotten to Penix and he would have had one eye on the rush. Dammit
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

I think UW squeaks out a close one, mainly because OSU does not have a very good secondary and this will be by far the best offense they’ve faced all season (Beavs haven’t played the 3 best offenses in the conference in USC, Oregon, and Washington). My big hope as a duck fan is that Huskies barely win their last two games and the Beavs and Cougs get plenty of big hits on Penix.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I think UW squeaks out a close one, mainly because OSU does not have a very good secondary and this will be by far the best offense they’ve faced all season (Beavs haven’t played the 3 best offenses in the conference in USC, Oregon, and Washington). My big hope as a duck fan is that Huskies barely win their last two games and the Beavs and Cougs get plenty of big hits on Penix.
It might look better if Washington looked dominant against OSU. Then it would look that much better when the Ducks curb stomp Washington in the championship game.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Hahaha, uw had to give tickets back to Oregon state because they couldn't sell them.
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

Duck07 wrote:Hahaha, uw had to give tickets back to Oregon state because they couldn't sell them.
Classic!!
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Just saw Jalen McMillan is back for the Huskies, I thought he was done for the season, huge for them to now have 3 NFL caliber receivers on the field.
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

WELP, its actually a good thing for Oregon. We need Washington to be ranked high if beating them will get us in the CFP. So the Beavs getting beat down is good for us.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

F*** the Huskies
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

Damn looked like DJ Uiagalelei popped his thumb out of its joint