LSU vs. aTm

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

LSU vs. aTm

Post by nogerO »

24-14, 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. Looking good as far as Bo and the Heisman race goes so far. Daniels has 70 yds passing with one td and 59 yards rushing.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Re: LSU vs. aTm

Post by Tray Dub »

LSU pulled away and Daniels looked really good doing it unfortunately
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Tray Dub wrote:LSU pulled away and Daniels looked really good doing it unfortunately
I wish I had bookmarked the tweet I saw from last week, but when measuring Bo, Penix and Daniels vs P5 teams in 9 games, it isn't close to which QB has put up better numbers on the year. You could argue that Bucky and Jordan got their numbers more than Bo did in those games.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duck07 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:LSU pulled away and Daniels looked really good doing it unfortunately
I wish I had bookmarked the tweet I saw from last week, but when measuring Bo, Penix and Daniels vs P5 teams in 9 games, it isn't close to which QB has put up better numbers on the year. You could argue that Bucky and Jordan got their numbers more than Bo did in those games.
Wait, who got the better numbers?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Tray Dub wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Bo by a considerable amount when comparing Yards, TDs and Comp %
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Duck07 wrote:
Tray Dub wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
Bo by a considerable amount when comparing Yards, TDs and Comp %
Got it. Bo has slightly better passing stats generally so that doesn't surprise me. The rushing numbers are where Daniels stands out statistically. I think it'll come down to more of an eye test and what do voters care about, wins or playmaking (which Bo does plenty of but Daniels does more).
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

As an example of each QB in their 2 games vs Non-P5 teams:
Penix had 859 yards 8 TDs and 1 INT in 2 games against Boise St and Tulsa (team scored 99 points)

Daniels had 682 Yards and 11 TDs 0 INT in 2 games against Grambling and Georgia St. (team scored 128 points)

Bo had 534 Yards and 6 TDs 0 INT in 2 games vs Hawaii and Portland St. (team scored 136 points)
Autzenoise
Five Star Recruit

Post by Autzenoise »

Is this what you meant?Image

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk
"Canzano is to sports, what Jerry Springer is to news…"
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Yeah, that looks like the tweet
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Also I would love to see minutes played by each QB too. We pull Nix early often.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Bud Lee
All Pac-12

Post by Bud Lee »

Autzenoise wrote:Is this what you meant?Image

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

Jayden did get knocked out of the Bama game early in the 4th quarter, If he didn't he would have racked up some more yards and maybe we wouldn't have lost that game :(
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

The graphic seems like it doesn't take into account the most recent game for each. Also, no rushing stats, where Daniels has the clear advantage.

I think Bo only wins if the committee decides that part of winning the Heisman is leading one's team to wins, and particularly vs. difficult opponents. It seems like that has traditionally been part of the measurement, but so much of the judging is arbitrary anyway, and skewed to traditional powers, using arguments when they suit the narrative, and abandoning the logical consistency when it doesn't produce the desired result.

I mean, if we are being real, I doubt Bo would even be in the discussion if Oregon hadn't done that billboard campaign before the season started. I'm reminded of Royce Freeman, who had an amazing sophomore season, but got no attention from Heisman voters.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I imagine the fact Bo will play one extra game in the form of the CCG will heavily impact the race.
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

Phalanx wrote:
I mean, if we are being real, I doubt Bo would even be in the discussion if Oregon hadn't done that billboard campaign before the season started.
No way. Nix is leading the nation in passing yardage, second in passing TDs, and is on the cusp of breaking the NCAA record in completion percentage, all on a top-five team in the country. There's no way he would not be in the discussion, even if Oregon's only marketing was popup adds on xxx sites.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

I decided to check the odds and Bo Nix somehow became the favorite again even after Jayden Daniels' game against TAMU.

That legit shocked me, considering how many people were trashing on Nix during that LSU game, but, considering that Bo will play an extra game, I'm sure that will impact the debate.

Beat Washington and we'll go to the playoffs and get our second Heisman winner.