Pac-12 CG: #5 Oregon v #3 Washington (Dec. 1, Fri 5 PM ABC)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Re: Pac-12 CG: #5 Oregon v #3 Washington (Dec. 1, Fri 5 PM A

Post by QuackininBama »

ducks5ever wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Looks like Stein's offense ranked 2nd in the country this year behind LSU. So are we hoping to get the guy from LSU?
Talent differential. Weak teams. All the offense did was beat up on a bunch of inferior teams and we're supposed to believe that Stein is a great OC? Just look at last night, all those 3 and outs. That's what matters. I couldn't care less about how many points we put up against PSU.

The offense doesn't show up when it matters. That's on the OC.
I have a vomit bucket close by so I can say this. DUDE, give Washington credit. They won this game, and the last game, and the game before that. With Penix they are just the better team. It's not on the OC bro.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

QuackininBama wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:
Phalanx wrote:Looks like Stein's offense ranked 2nd in the country this year behind LSU. So are we hoping to get the guy from LSU?
Talent differential. Weak teams. All the offense did was beat up on a bunch of inferior teams and we're supposed to believe that Stein is a great OC? Just look at last night, all those 3 and outs. That's what matters. I couldn't care less about how many points we put up against PSU.

I have a vomit bucket close by so I can say this. DUDE, give Washington credit. They won this game, and the last game, and the game before that. With Penix they are just the better team. It's not on the OC bro.
Tough pill to swallow. I thought we had a shot on paper. I wanted to believe we had the better team.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

pezsez1 wrote:I'd say our best team ever was 2012. Despite the bad defense, that team would have certainly won a national title if our receivers (and Ifo) had stayed healthy (or not been suspended).

This year's team was #2.

It's sad that our second-best team couldn't even win the conference title -- and in a game which, like the first UW matchup, was completely winnable.

I don't blame the banged-up defense for failing to slow down a fully healthy UW offense. I put more blame on our offense, especially our running game. Whatever the coaches had schemed for running the ball simply wasn't working and key drives died because of it.

It was also just one of those weird games where the football gods just seemed to want UW to win. An interception just out of reach... that fumble that wasn't over a matter of maybe an inch... our first offensive play, with the ball hitting the ref instead of Troy Franklin... just seemed like four out of five bounces went UW's way last night and sometimes that's the difference between winning and losing.
And the UW db going out of bounds and coming back inbounds to intercept Bo. I don't fault Bo on that play, he probably didn't even see that DB go out of bounds on the sideline. Very lucky play for UW. I wondering if our WR, who was also out of bounds could have deterred, fight, or pulled that huskies DB who was also out of bounds? If that would be a PI?

I would put the blame on the OL. They got pushed around all night long by UW and run blocking was horrible.

Other spots on the offense looked banged up. (Franklin wasn't the same after his injury in the first half, Ferguson looked to be playing injured and could make explosive moves after the catch or block aggressively, and Bucky looked different after his injury in the Beavers game. The coaches really shouldn't have put Bucky back in that Beaver's game when we were already up by many points and he was probably riding an adrenaline high after that injury.)
Last edited by alxtw on Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

QuackininBama wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:

Eh I have to disagree to an extent, with the talent across the board Oregon should’ve scored at least 40 both times against Washington. From my perspective the defense did barely enough to win but the offense was the issue. Only having 3 points almost at the end of the half against a defense far inferior opponents have scored a lot on is under-performing quite a bit.

I’m not calling for Stein to be fired but I also am a little skeptical, and just pointing out the offensive stats is not a good argument to me cause stats don’t tell the entire story.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Nobody gives a flying F if you call for Stein to be fired or not! :lol:
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Such a rough year to be oh-so-close. Michigan, Georgia, Alabama, FSU, Texas, washington... All clearly beatable teams.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

need that expanded playoff this year
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

5$ wrote:need that expanded playoff this year
What? No we don't. We lost? We lost to a better team bro. We are not there yet. Give Lanning another 2-3 years and we will be. But we are not there this year.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Huskies are about to get FSU in the first round probably, unless the committee has Texas jump them. Today made the loss hurt even more.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

TheDrake wrote:Nobody gives a flying F if you call for Stein to be fired or not! :lol:
I only say that cause of the posters on here who like to spend their time criticizing and insulting others. People who don’t actually engage in conversation but rather disregard others and post weak counters such as “look at the stats”. I know it doesn’t matter what I think, I’m trying to point out I’m in the middle, no I don’t hate Stein but if you don’t see issues with Stein especially in tense moments you’re being way too naive.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

In the middle? LOL! You're the biggest nega Duck on the board bar none!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

TheDrake wrote:In the middle? LOL! You're the biggest nega Duck on the board bar none!
That's just not true. They're hyperbolic sure, especially during games, but not even close to the biggest "nega duck" on the board.
alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

Few things would be me more joy than to see the poodles get Alabama and, if god forbids they reach the championship, a fully healthy georgia team.
JIDuck97
Four Star Recruit

Post by JIDuck97 »

alxtw wrote:Few things would be me more joy than to see the poodles get Alabama and, if god forbids they reach the championship, a fully healthy georgia team.
Now that the places are set and I'm in a mood to be petty, I am hoping that washington makes it to the championship game and loses handily to Michigan and that the powers that be crack down Michigan's sign stealing win thus forcing them to vacate their wins giving the huskies only a mythical national championship.
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

JIDuck97 wrote:
alxtw wrote:Few things would be me more joy than to see the poodles get Alabama and, if god forbids they reach the championship, a fully healthy georgia team.
Now that the places are set and I'm in a mood to be petty, I am hoping that washington makes it to the championship game and loses handily to Michigan and that the powers that be crack down Michigan's sign stealing win thus forcing them to vacate their wins giving the huskies only a mythical national championship.
The only way for this to work is if they are absolutely spanked, otherwise they probably will claim the title and that would be more obnoxious than funny.

Fortunately they will use radios for QB & LB so signs will be a non-excuse for the CFP.