Bama up on Georgia in the fourth

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Georgia vs Alabama

Post by nogerO »

Next year on Sept. 28 Georgia will travel to Tuscaloosa to play Row Tied. Here's the telling part-it will mark only the 5th time in 20 years these two teams have played each other in the regular season. Almost like the SEC schedule makers plan it that way... :roll:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
jedi_ducks2177
One Star Recruit

Re: Georgia vs Alabama

Post by jedi_ducks2177 »

nogerO wrote:Next year on Sept. 28 Georgia will travel to Tuscaloosa to play Row Tied. Here's the telling part-it will mark only the 5th time in 20 years these two teams have played each other in the regular season. Almost like the SEC schedule makers plan it that way... :roll:
Here is my hot take- Dan Lanning will be coaching Alabama at that game. Saban is going to announce retirement soon.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

jedi_ducks2177 wrote:
nogerO wrote:Next year on Sept. 28 Georgia will travel to Tuscaloosa to play Row Tied. Here's the telling part-it will mark only the 5th time in 20 years these two teams have played each other in the regular season. Almost like the SEC schedule makers plan it that way... :roll:
Here is my hot take- Dan Lanning will be coaching Alabama at that game. Saban is going to announce retirement soon.
https://media.tenor.com/0IrqMXj-c6EAAAA ... -angry.gif
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

jedi_ducks2177 wrote:
That's just crazy talk. Just trying to stir things up.

IMO, Nick Saban isn't retiring anytime soon.

Also, if he does retire in the next couple years, I can see Alabama looking for an "Alabama guy". As in someone who went to school there or is a former coordinator who's doing well elsewhere.

The first name that comes to mind as a replacement for Saban would be Dabo Swinney.

The second name is Urban Meyer.

I'd think that after all the mediocrity they went through before Saban arrived that they'd want a proven coach. Lane Kiffin and Steve Sarkisian are also possibilities.

I don't think Lanning has enough experience as a head coach yet to be offered the Alabama job.

My two bits.
John 3:36
rsbgduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by rsbgduck »

He MIGHT retire after next year. If he does he hand picks his replacement, stick around in an unofficial role making sure the transition is smooth. They have a machine running and will want someone to come in and oil it not throw a wrench in the transmission trying to prove themselves.
Alan
Senior

Bama up on Georgia in the fourth

Post by Alan »

Still time for the playoff committee to find a reason for two SEC teams and soueeze out the PAC 12!
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Re: Bama up on Georgia in the fourth

Post by pdxduck2013 »

So, if Bama wins then ESPN's predictor says the teams in the playoff are:
Michigan, Washington, FSU, and Texas.

If FSU also loses, it says:
Michigan, Washington, Texas, and Alabama
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Down goes #1 Georgia, no disrespect to espn but sec gets left out?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

It’s a bummer Jordan Travis got hurt. Cuz with him out, I feel like:
Michigan
Washington
Bama
Texas

Would make the most sense. Aka all the Championship teams in.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Alan wrote:Down goes #1 Georgia, no disrespect to espn but sec gets left out?
Possibly. FSU should be left out but its not going to happen if they win tonight. You kind of have to put Texas over Alabama in because of head to head.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Everyone is getting the kind of chaos they wanted so the CFP committee has to make some hard decisions now.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I think you have to leave out the Southeastern Conference if Florida State wins, I just wonder if the committee has the fortitude for it. Let's not forget Alabama almost lost to a s*** Auburn team just a week ago.
DuckzRule
Four Star Recruit

Post by DuckzRule »

Well, thanks to Georgia choking, we won't get the highly anticipated Oregon vs. Alabama matchup unless that stubborn Greg Byrne dude agrees with Rob Mullens for a series...
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

DuckzRule wrote:Well, thanks to Georgia choking, we won't get the highly anticipated Oregon vs. Alabama matchup unless that stubborn Greg Byrne dude agrees with Rob Mullens for a series...
That's just going to be another embarrassment. If we don't dominate the LOS, our offense dies. Same thing happened against TTU. Stein hasn't shown that he knows how to scheme around defenses that can match us up front.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

greenyellow wrote:Everyone is getting the kind of chaos they wanted so the CFP committee has to make some hard decisions now.
Chaos? Bama beating georgia is the only thing that happened ya?