Fiesta Bowl: #8 Oregon v #23 Liberty (Jan 1, Mon 10 AM ESPN)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Fiesta Bowl: #8 Oregon v #23 Liberty (Jan 1, Mon 10 AM E

Post by SuperDuck »

By the way, Liberty was dead last in the FBS in SOS (#133).
John 3:36
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Nix is on board for the bowl game.
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

greenyellow wrote:Nix is on board for the bowl game.

Whattttt???

Yay!!!!!
John 3:36
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Well the other high to mid level draft profile guys are Troy, Bucky, Dorlus and Burch with Khyree up there.

If none of those guys played and we have Nix our offense is going to have zero problems against the Flames.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

That's a true leader right there. Refuses to give up on his team.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Awesome about Nix! Dan is fantastic!

I do wonder about Troy, Burch, and Jackson simply because they won’t be 100% by the bowl game, might be beneficial for them to sit.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Nix is an A+ guy
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Awesome about Nix! Dan is fantastic!

I do wonder about Troy, Burch, and Jackson simply because they won’t be 100% by the bowl game, might be beneficial for them to sit.
We don't know they won't be a 100% by the time of the bowl game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
QuackininBama
All Pac-12

Post by QuackininBama »

If Nix plays this game could easily go into the 70's. Which is what I am expecting Lanning to plan on to make his point.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Awesome about Nix! Dan is fantastic!

Based on everything I have heard, the guys love Dan so I think they are willing to finish out for him too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bdkipe
Two Star Recruit

Post by bdkipe »

I for one am pretty pumped because I think our younger players are going to get a lot of meaningful time in this game and a likely win will be a positive end to a season that had some heartbreak.

We can all agree Bowl games that aren’t CFPB games are glorified exhibition games. Usually the team that “wants” to be there is the team that wins. So yeah, Liberty is definitely gonna be motivated and bringing it against a Top 10 Power 5 team.

However, even with a motivated Liberty, this Duck team has operated on an “Us vs Us” mentality all season and if you are a true competitor, which I think many of these players are, they are going to want to go out strong with an ass-kicking to cleanse the soul. I am confident Lanning will find a way to get them engaged and focused.

As I said in the first sentence, this is a perfect opponent for giving younger players looks. With extra practice time and opt-outs, throw them in the fire and see how they perform.
webfoots2001
Two Star Recruit

Post by webfoots2001 »

While I’d be more excited to watch a more interesting matchup the main goal left is winning a major bowl and hopefully finishing as close to the top five as they can. Two years from now nobody who they beat in the Fiesta bowl, just a nice trophy and an additional stat on Wikipedia.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

alxtw
Five Star Recruit

Post by alxtw »

I hope Nix and other players who will play will have very high insurance packages in place/provided for this game.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
QuackininBama wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I’m excited but I’m always excited for the ducks, but sadly no matter what happens this season will be remember by the Ducks choking against the hated Huskies not once but twice. If Oregon wanted a better bowl matchup they only have themselves to blame.
I dunno. When we were curb stomping Washington with Mariota it wasn't that they were that bad, it was we were that good. Kinda the same thing. We don't have to like it but Penix is a game changer, he's the real deal. He's going to be playing on Sundays next year.

I don't think we choked, I think they are just the better team.
Oregon offense 100% chocked, get inferior teams are the Huskies secondary alive all season long but both Will and Bo get nervous and really timid. Oregon’s second play of the game had Franklin and Holden wide open for at least a big game, possibly a TD, and that alone drastically changes the game but Bo threw a terrible pass, the stage was too big for him. Huskies are great, not being a homer, but the offense absolutely did not play near as well as they should both times.
Do you sometimes stop and reread what you're saying, and then think "am I being overdramatic ", or do you just hit the post button without a second thought?