Jurrion Dickey?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Jurrion Dickey?

Post by nogerO »

What's the story with this highly rated WR recruit. There was some talk he could play his freshman year but he seems to have dropped off of the radar (at least mine?) Anybody know what his story is?
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Re: Jurrion Dickey?

Post by Duck07 »

Austin Novosad was speaking very highly of him in his interview the other day; made it sound like he'll be starting/in the rotation.

I've got him on 4 games so I doubt we'd see him burn a RS for the Fiesta bowl but I think Kyler Kasper will probably get some more reps.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Austin Novosad on Jurrion Dickey's progress: "That kid when he first got here to now is a completely different kid... He's a freak. He's going to be a really good player for us in these next couple years and in this game. We're excited for him."
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

Duck07 wrote:Austin Novosad was speaking very highly of him in his interview the other day; made it sound like he'll be starting/in the rotation.

I've got him on 4 games so I doubt we'd see him burn a RS for the Fiesta bowl but I think Kyler Kasper will probably get some more reps.

Bowl Games don't currently count against the redshirt rule, at least per my googling.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

spacefrog13x wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Austin Novosad was speaking very highly of him in his interview the other day; made it sound like he'll be starting/in the rotation.

Bowl Games don't currently count against the redshirt rule, at least per my googling.
If that's the case seeing Dickey play would be nice. We've almost got a full defensive lineup of guys sitting on 3 games who will be available.

Guys with 4 games: Dickey, Ben Roberts, Nishad Strother, Justius Lowe

Guys with 3 games: Jaden Moore, Johnny Bowens, Terrance Green, Mykeil Gardner, Ashton Porter, Daylen Austin, Tyler Turner, Solomon Davis
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

spacefrog13x wrote:

So I just used Bing to back you up but oh no; 2022 was a one year exemption for bowl games to not count and I cant find where it was renewed for this year. Someone check Ask Jeeves stat.
spacefrog13x
Three Star Recruit

Post by spacefrog13x »

GrandpaDuck wrote:
spacefrog13x wrote:

So I just used Bing to back you up but oh no; 2022 was a one year exemption for bowl games to not count and I cant find where it was renewed for this year. Someone check Ask Jeeves stat.
I dug a little deeper, because like everybody on the internet, I hate to be wrong. However it looks like you are correct it was a one time exception for 2022.

So unless the NCAA grants another exception, it would burn Dickey's RS as Duck07 said.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

The exception got renewed so all post-season games (championship games and bowl games) don't count towards the 4-game RS limit.

As far as Dickey, he was injured his SR year and didn't graduate early so only came in the fall still needing some rehab/conditioning work. He only showed up in a few games in garbage time to get his feet wet. Staff and players think highly of him though.
73duck
Three Star Recruit

Post by 73duck »

They ought to make that exception permanent. Lots of players sit out bowl games to get ready for the draft or go into the portal these days so the extra bodies are needed.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

https://youtu.be/qgiwZVxaPwM?si=3Gn1r-B2LTs2eCeh

This interview is fantastic, and should answer any questions. Only 100% for about a month.