MBB: Oregon @ Washington (Jan. 4, Thu 6 PM Pac-12 Network)

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

JAN.4 (THU) 6 PM
WASHINGTON
SEATTLE, WA
TV: PAC-12 NETWORK
Duck07
All-American

Re: MBB: Oregon @ Washington (Jan. 4, Thu 6 PM Pac-12 Networ

Post by Duck07 »

Cook gets his first action. About 4 minutes and got 4 points and helped regain the lead.

Things look better with Cook, Evans and Shelstead out there but Cook already gassed so we'll see how quickly he gets his legs back.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

Close one coming to the wire. Nice to see Mookie get some run, he's going to help on defense and his passing looked good. (shooting/offense looked rusty).

Diawara has been so god awful this game at both ends, but we have to play him because Evans starts to get tired. Can't wait until Dante is back.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Love to see it, 76-74 win that goes to the end.

3-0 in league while getting guys back and their conditioning up is a great thing even if that's not a ranked team we just beat.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

That was fun.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

Oregon definitely has the horses this year. Love the athleticism of these freshmen. And an Altman team winning on the road early in P12 play bodes very well for the trajectory of this team.

Biggest concern will be whether Dana can finally crack the code when Dante is back, finding a good offensive rhythm with a true 5 on the floor.

Been so frustrating seeing Dante both as the best player on the court and the reason the rest of the offense stagnates.

If we ever consistently get Bittle on the floor, he seems like the prototype for an Altman star. Mobile, aggressive, with range. Keeps the key open. Dante is a dude, but I’d love to see this offense with Bittle playing a stretch 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

That was a rough first half but they really came alive in the 2nd. It's nice having multiple options that can take and make clutch shots. Getting at worst a split on the road already has made this weekend a success, especially with an always tough trip to Pullman still ahead.
gogreen55
Senior

Post by gogreen55 »

GrantDuck wrote:Diawara has been so god awful this game at both ends, but we have to play him because Evans starts to get tired. Can't wait until Dante is back.
It was a really rough game for Tracey also.

I was expecting this team to struggle mightily in conference road games, so pulling out a W in the first opportunity was great to see, even if Washington is mediocre at best.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Gritty win! So cool to see three true freshmen contributing at a high level!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Shelstead's playmaking is what duck basketball has been missing for 3 years. Finally. Thank goodness.
GrantDuck
Senior

Post by GrantDuck »

whosyourwally wrote:Oregon definitely has the horses this year. Love the athleticism of these freshmen. And an Altman team winning on the road early in P12 play bodes very well for the trajectory of this team.

Biggest concern will be whether Dana can finally crack the code when Dante is back, finding a good offensive rhythm with a true 5 on the floor.

Been so frustrating seeing Dante both as the best player on the court and the reason the rest of the offense stagnates.

If we ever consistently get Bittle on the floor, he seems like the prototype for an Altman star. Mobile, aggressive, with range. Keeps the key open. Dante is a dude, but I’d love to see this offense with Bittle playing a stretch 5.

Jordan Bell was probably the closest we've had in terms of a successful "5" that couldn't shoot at all, although he was a really solid passer his senior year.

We were certainly best with Boucher at the 5 offensively on that team.

To me with Dante this could be a top 10-15 defensive team, Dana just can't pair him with the lesser shooters on the team as much. (like Oquendo, KJ, and Mookie with him would be really bad, but if he's out there with Jackson, Rigsby, and Tracey/Cousinard the offense is still gonna cook.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

GrantDuck wrote:
whosyourwally wrote:Oregon definitely has the horses this year. Love the athleticism of these freshmen. And an Altman team winning on the road early in P12 play bodes very well for the trajectory of this team.

Jordan Bell was probably the closest we've had in terms of a successful "5" that couldn't shoot at all, although he was a really solid passer his senior year.

We were certainly best with Boucher at the 5 offensively on that team.

To me with Dante this could be a top 10-15 defensive team, Dana just can't pair him with the lesser shooters on the team as much. (like Oquendo, KJ, and Mookie with him would be really bad, but if he's out there with Jackson, Rigsby, and Tracey/Cousinard the offense is still gonna cook.
I miss Bell…. But Bell (and Wooten) wasn’t featured much in the offense the way we feed Dante. Bell got most of his points on put backs.