Nick Saban Retiring Edit: Lanning - "I'm not leaving."

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Nick Saban Retiring Edit: Lanning - "I'm not leaving."

Post by Duck07 »

frogsnouts wrote:Sounds like it’s going to be DeBoer based on the rumor mill this morning. I guess he canceled a radio appearance he was set for 8am this morning? Definitely some smoke…
Yes he did cancel on KJR, lol
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

DeBoer will make Alabama a major threat in 2024, but I don't think he (or really anyone) will sustain what Saban built.
jedi_ducks2177
One Star Recruit

Post by jedi_ducks2177 »

StevensTechU wrote:DeBoer will make Alabama a major threat in 2024, but I don't think he (or really anyone) will sustain what Saban built.
My hot take is DeBoer, if hired at Alabama, goes 7-5. He doesn't recruit the south great and he would start to change the identity of Alabama football for the worse.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

jedi_ducks2177 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:DeBoer will make Alabama a major threat in 2024, but I don't think he (or really anyone) will sustain what Saban built.
My hot take is DeBoer, if hired at Alabama, goes 7-5. He doesn't recruit the south great and he would start to change the identity of Alabama football for the worse.
It will take a few years to get there, though, IMO. If he keeps the current roster intact, there aren't 5 teams on their schedule that can/will beat them in 2024. If there's a few years of attrition and talent drops, perhaps so.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

jedi_ducks2177 wrote:
If he gets Rodgers to go with him, they will be a playoff team. Unless everyone leaves, which I doubt. Plus Bama recruits itself, and I’m sure he holds onto the current recruiting coordinator and all the guys who do that stuff behind the scenes. Also Bama staff has some great recruiters on it, so bet he keeps a few of them.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

buckmarkduck wrote:
jedi_ducks2177 wrote:
If he gets Rodgers to go with him, they will be a playoff team. Unless everyone leaves, which I doubt. Plus Bama recruits itself, and I’m sure he holds onto the current recruiting coordinator and all the guys who do that stuff behind the scenes. Also Bama staff has some great recruiters on it, so bet he keeps a few of them.

Let’s not forget about the legendary “bagmen” of row tied.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Zyme
All Pac-12
GM: New York Knicks GM

Post by Zyme »

DASL1 Rings: '93, '94

K's HOF:
Mark "Wholly Mammoth" Eaton | Retired 2002, age 44: 24 min/8pts/8reb/1stl/2.5 blks/1 TO
Michael "Sweet Home" Ansley | Retired 2007, age 42: 33 min/16pts/8 reb/1.5stl/.5 blks/.5 TO Lifetime .550 shooting %
Gheorghe "Ghiţă (Ghitza, Little George)" Mureșan | Retired 2008, age 36: 35Min/16.2pt/12.2reb/2.1ast/1.6stl/2.9blk/1.3TO (.461/.715/.000)
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Muhamed just hit the portal. If he doesn’t go to Bama he is one guy I’d like at UO.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

nogerO wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
jedi_ducks2177 wrote:

Who's Rodgers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Nick Saban Retiring Edit: Lanning -

Post by buckmarkduck »

lmduck wrote:
nogerO wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
jedi_ducks2177 wrote:

Who's Rodgers?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will Rodgers. Portal QB from Mississippi State UW landed a few weeks ago. Threw for 4000 yards under Leach, but missed half the year last year.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Will Rodgers. Portal QB from Mississippi State UW landed a few weeks ago. Threw for 4000 yards under Leach, but missed half the year last year.
Would he have to sit out a year since he already transferred once already? Maybe im behind on the transfer rules but I thought you get 1 "free-pass" for transferring before you actually sit out a year again.

I don't have much sympathy for UW fans but it is pitiful that the West coast continues to lose some of its most talented coaches and players to team east of the Mississippi. It eventually becomes a process that feeds itself, and the west coast will struggle to maintain relevancy in the long run. People talk of the Saban dynasty but it was partially built on the backs of players like Bryce Young and Tua. Only bright spot is that we become the one stop shop for the best players who wish to stay in the west (courtesy of coach Lanning).
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ducks5ever wrote:
buckmarkduck wrote:
Would he have to sit out a year since he already transferred once already? Maybe im behind on the transfer rules but I thought you get 1 "free-pass" for transferring before you actually sit out a year again.

I don't have much sympathy for UW fans but it is pitiful that the West coast continues to lose some of its most talented coaches and players to team east of the Mississippi. It eventually becomes a process that feeds itself, and the west coast will struggle to maintain relevancy in the long run. People talk of the Saban dynasty but it was partially built on the backs of players like Bryce Young and Tua. Only bright spot is that we become the one stop shop for the best players who wish to stay in the west (courtesy of coach Lanning).
Who knows what the rules are now. And I actually don’t know if he was enrolled yet. But I think all UW players have the next 30 days to transfer without any penalty
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Well, whether he has to sit or not, sounds like he is gone. What a day for Husky fans.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

If your coach leaves, you get a "free" transfer.