Poor Washington.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

buckmarkduck
All-American

Re: Poor Washington.

Post by buckmarkduck »

jedi_ducks2177 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:LOL. When Florida cans Napier next year, they're gonna be forced to replace their coach again.
Fan pressure is always "get the coach who was good THIS YEAR." Fisch won't have a good first season in Seattle. I think he's stuck there for a couple years, which is why I don't see this as making a ton of sense for him.
Take a look at UW’s schedule next year. It’s a way easier schedule than what we have. There’s a chance they finish 8-4 with a mediocre season, and we finish something like 9-3 or 10-2. We play Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Washington

What? I’ve looked at their schedule multiple time, and figured 8 wins would be tough with DeBoer and all their guys. Next year with Fisch, 5 wins tops
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Someone said his QB and receiver and running back might follow him. That combo was pretty lethal last season. Could be a catalyst for a quick rebuild.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Just lost WR5 from this year, Germie Bernard, to the portal. They're going to be like 2023 Colorado.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:Someone said his QB and receiver and running back might follow him. That combo was pretty lethal last season. Could be a catalyst for a quick rebuild.

None have entered the portal yet. And the guy tweeting that Hasnr ever really been a person that has much insider informing football. I think it depends on who UA hires. Supposedly the Poly players are pushing one of the assistants. Even if they do end up at UW, who is left to play OL and DL?
5$
Five Star Recruit

Post by 5$ »

pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Sounds like OC/OL Brennan Carroll, QB Jimmie Dougherty, and TE/ST Jordan Paopao are following Fisch to UW.

Edit: Looks like RB Scottie Graham, DE/OLB Jacob Kaufusi, and CB John Richardson are also headed to UW.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

pdxduck2013 wrote:Sounds like OC/OL Brennan Carroll, QB Jimmie Dougherty, and TE/ST Jordan Paopao are following Fisch to UW.

Edit: Looks like RB Scottie Graham, DE/OLB Jacob Kaufusi, and CB John Richardson are also headed to UW.
There's a name from the past, Jimmie Dougherty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

Looks like Fisch is taking his WR coach Kevin Cummings as well.

Some rumblings that he might keep DeBoer's co-DC's and DL coach, which would complete his staff.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

Done deal on Brennan per Thamel

https://x.com/petethamel/status/1747288 ... jjUzBl2_jA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Seeing reports that Noah and TMac are expected to stay at UA. UW could be bad, bad.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Seeing reports that Noah and TMac are expected to stay at UA. UW could be bad, bad.
They ain't leaving :lol:
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I think I said this before, but my theory is DeBoer (with or without a coordinated effort by UW's NIL collective) went all-in on keeping Penix & co for last season's playoff run.

It would explain their lackluster recruiting. Not enough NIL left to compete for top-rated recruits.

It would explain why DeBoer left. Not enough NIL left to reload a competitive roster.

It would explain why nobody is sticking around. Not enough NIL for retention.

It would explain why transfers aren't lining up to play there. Not enough NIL to be attractive.

I could be wildly wrong on this but it sure feels like UW's NIL collective is broke. And if that's true, UW could be a hot mess for years. It also makes their current situation even more hilarious because I'm sure they hired Fisch (a known flight risk) largely because they thought they'd at least get a QB and some key players to help stay afloat, but nope! :lol: Now they're just stuck with another coach who is already thinking about leaving.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Hate to see months of planned offseason gloating over this year's success interrupted by this kind of implosion. I guess the silver lining might be that NIL money might be getting freed up to sign Arizona players?
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Landon Hatchett, uw's best young lineman, also hitting the portal.