Poor Washington.

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

Duck07
All-American

Re: Poor Washington.

Post by Duck07 »

Also sounds like a ton of pissed of Wildcats. For him to have any success he's got to be able to poach the top skill players and bring them with him.

Whereas if I'm Arizona I probably reach out to Brennan Marion immediately in order to keep Fifita and TMac. I think Fisch and Jonathan Smith got impatient with jobs and took the first big money offer they saw rather than staying the course longer.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

Eyes will be on which players follow Fisch. I think he can right the ship in 2-3 years, but it's a rebuild in year 1.
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

LOL. When Florida cans Napier next year, they're gonna be forced to replace their coach again.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Duck07 wrote:Also sounds like a ton of pissed of Wildcats. For him to have any success he's got to be able to poach the top skill players and bring them with him.

Whereas if I'm Arizona I probably reach out to Brennan Marion immediately in order to keep Fifita and TMac. I think Fisch and Jonathan Smith got impatient with jobs and took the first big money offer they saw rather than staying the course longer.
Can't blame Smith for leaving. OSU is in purgatory, but essentially a mountain west team. Better money, better recruiting, and better opportunity at MSU. Fisch though, he had a chance to destroy the big 12 next season and take a better job the following season. Unless Washington was his endgame, I don't understand this move by him.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

pdxduck2013 wrote:LOL. When Florida cans Napier next year, they're gonna be forced to replace their coach again.
Fan pressure is always "get the coach who was good THIS YEAR." Fisch won't have a good first season in Seattle. I think he's stuck there for a couple years, which is why I don't see this as making a ton of sense for him.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Dang. 18 jobs in 24 years. Fisch is a job jumper
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

There are 9 million reasons why Fisch took the job. Some article I read said he's actually making more than DeBoer is at Alabama. :o
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Phalanx wrote:There are 9 million reasons why Fisch took the job. Some article I read said he's actually making more than DeBoer is at Alabama. :o
I saw it is 7.5
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

jedi_ducks2177
One Star Recruit

Post by jedi_ducks2177 »

StevensTechU wrote:
pdxduck2013 wrote:LOL. When Florida cans Napier next year, they're gonna be forced to replace their coach again.
Fan pressure is always "get the coach who was good THIS YEAR." Fisch won't have a good first season in Seattle. I think he's stuck there for a couple years, which is why I don't see this as making a ton of sense for him.
Take a look at UW’s schedule next year. It’s a way easier schedule than what we have. There’s a chance they finish 8-4 with a mediocre season, and we finish something like 9-3 or 10-2. We play Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Washington
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

buckmarkduck wrote:
Phalanx wrote:There are 9 million reasons why Fisch took the job. Some article I read said he's actually making more than DeBoer is at Alabama. :o
I saw it is 7.5
You're closer. The number ended up being $54.3 million over 7 years. just a little over $7.75 million. They also had to pay a $5.5 million buyout (They're getting $12 million from Alabama).
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

lmduck wrote:
Duck07 wrote:
lmduck wrote:Does Fisch really want a situation that is a complete rebuild? He's in a pretty good position in terms of the Big 12 and has a very good roster right now.

The conventional wisdom is he stays put for another year and waits for the Florida job to open. Napier's seat is very hot and many think if he doesn't turn it around big time next year he's gone and Fisch would be the guy.
I don't think it's a better situation knowing you still have to bring more players in vs what you've got in Tuscon.

Reportedly Fisch has agreed to an extension with UA, (who is in a worse financial spot that UW) but the Regents haven't met to approve it yet.
Am I missing something? You think UW is okay vs UA?

UW has no QB and guys are all over the portal. It's a rebuild.

Fisch's contract approval is likely a formality.

Didn’t take very long for this to age horribly. :o
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

lmduck wrote:Word now is Leipold is the leader.

Fisch working on contract restructuring

https://arizonasports.com/story/3541301 ... -contract/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Consider evaluating your sources.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

jedi_ducks2177 wrote: Take a look at UW’s schedule next year. It’s a way easier schedule than what we have. There’s a chance they finish 8-4 with a mediocre season, and we finish something like 9-3 or 10-2. We play Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Washington
8-4 feels like the absolute ceiling with poaching the best players from UA.

Michigan, Iowa, Penn State and Oregon all look like easy losses.

USC, UCLA and WSU are difficult games and if they get to 7 wins that will be impressive.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

jedi_ducks2177 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
Take a look at UW’s schedule next year. It’s a way easier schedule than what we have. There’s a chance they finish 8-4 with a mediocre season, and we finish something like 9-3 or 10-2. We play Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin and Washington

What? I’ve looked at their schedule multiple time, and figured 8 wins would be tough with DeBoer and all their guys. Next year with Fisch, 5 wins tops