Blount not in 3-deep?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

wheaton4prez
Senior

Blount not in 3-deep?

Post by wheaton4prez »

Depth chart: The Ducks released their Rose Bowl depth chart on Friday, and LeGarrette Blount was not among the top three running backs: LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner and Andre Crenshaw.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... ittle.html

I thought he was #3 for the Civil War. Did I miss something?
OreDucks01284
Senior

Re: Blount not in 3-deep?

Post by OreDucks01284 »

wheaton4prez wrote:
Depth chart: The Ducks released their Rose Bowl depth chart on Friday, and LeGarrette Blount was not among the top three running backs: LaMichael James, Kenjon Barner and Andre Crenshaw.
http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... ittle.html

I thought he was #3 for the Civil War. Did I miss something?

Chip Kelly still go with this Depth and wont change since Blount's punch, LMJ, Barner, Crenshaw, Alston, Blount. He was #3 back only during civil war, I think thats cuz LMJ had to go sideline due to getting punched or kicked in the gut on accident idk. Plus it was Senior last home game. C.Kelly prefer #1,2,3 Running backs get carries first b4 blount unless C.Kelly plan to use Blount as #2 to pound tOSU.
whosyourwally
Five Star Recruit

Post by whosyourwally »

deception? why let the buckeyes plan on seeing him? get them to build a game plan around the outsides and then blow up the middle with blount. love it. unless blount did something stupid, i'd be blown away if he doesnt get 10 carries.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I agree. At this point, I would have Blount right behind James.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Kelly said after the CW that Blount had worked himself into the 3rd spot so I wouldn't read into this too much.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Kelly said after the CW that Blount had worked himself into the 3rd spot so I wouldn't read into this too much.
Yes, but remember, the same as with injuries....everyone is "Day to Day"....
As long as we keep winning, the cards can fall where they may..with or without LGB....
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

Blount could be #2 back, Crenshaw seem to have knee problem, possible knee injury. I haven't heard anything abt alston lately. He seem to be quiet and rarely got any carries. So my guess LMJ #1 and Blount #2 for now till we hear anything abt alston and Crenshaw
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

My bad, I forgot about Barner, I hope Barner and Blount share #2 spot, Since Barner is PR and KO returner.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Blount should be our third string RB behind LMJ and Barner. No offense to Crenshaw, but his play hasn't earned him a spot on the 3-deep IMO.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

I'd be suprised if blount doesn't get some carries. I hope we can get enough of a lead that a lot of players can play. I would like to see Costa get a series or two, besides extra points. He's definitely all-American PK holder in my mind.