Uniforms for the Rose Bowl

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Re: Uniforms for the Rose Bowl

Post by greenyellow »

Yeah, they do look pretty sweet. They'll look even better if we win, too.
MerDuck
Four Star Recruit

Post by MerDuck »

Disappointed...I would have liked to see the Green/Yellow/Green combo..... :(
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

True duck colors are yellow and green, that's what they should be wearing.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

duckgrad99 wrote:True duck colors are yellow and green, that's what they should be wearing.
There is both yellow and green in that combination
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

echo31 wrote:OK, based on the photoshop images on the Nike blog, the white/green/white combo looks awesome!
Meh. Not impressed
oregon
Three Star Recruit

Post by oregon »

I was hoping for carbon helmets too, but the article makes a good point...
Obviously we still haven’t worn the chrome lids, but with Ohio State wearing silver helmets of their own this just isn’t the day to break them out
duckfan96
Senior

Post by duckfan96 »

Save the chrome lids for TN next year...when I will be in attendance. :D :D :D :D
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

Mosley reported that he thought the white lids were for sure, and from what i've seen the players wearing this week has been the green game jersey, I dont think they would pay to have more than one set of jerseys printed with the logo, So the white lids and green jerseys seem to be a sure to me. I think the white pants would look pretty sweet with those.
wheaton4prez
Senior

Post by wheaton4prez »

I don't like the white helmets with any jersey other than the whites. Oh well. Not that important.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Actually in the 50-60's we wore white helmets, so it's not like we have never wore these unis. I think they will look good but I would have rather wore green helmets with it after seeing Arizona wear white last night.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

History of Oregon's Rose Bowl uniforms http://www.nikeblog.com/2009/12/16/oreg ... the-years/
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Yup, but in the Oregon Football vault book ( a great book for those who don't have it yet) it has plenty of pics in it showing us wearing white helmets through out our history. In the '49 cotton bowl UO was in all white.

In fact it seems that the one constant throughout UO history has been that we change our unis at least every 10 years or so. Maybe not to the extreme we have in the last 10yrs, but we always have.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

buckmarkduck wrote:Yup, but in the Oregon Football vault book ( a great book for those who don't have it yet) it has plenty of pics in it showing us wearing white helmets through out our history. In the '49 cotton bowl UO was in all white.

In fact it seems that the one constant throughout UO history has been that we change our unis at least every 10 years or so. Maybe not to the extream we have in the last 10yrs, but we always have.
I glanced at that book once in the Ducks Store. Pretty awesome book! Obviously a lot of those pics are hand colored from the original B&W.
oreducks77
Three Star Recruit

Post by oreducks77 »

Ugh... the white/green/white was my least favorite this year. I hope it's not that. Who makes these decisions anyway? From what I understand, the players don't have much of a hand in picking what combo it is anymore, it's like the equipment people or something
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

oreducks77 wrote:Ugh... the white/green/white was my least favorite this year. I hope it's not that. Who makes these decisions anyway? From what I understand, the players don't have much of a hand in picking what combo it is anymore, it's like the equipment people or something
They haven't worn this combo yet. The pictures that have been shown of the combo are a Photoshopped version of the uniforms they wore against Utah, since they included the white helmet and green jersey. They just changed the pants from gray to white and added a Rose Bowl patch. To me, the combo looks better than that combo and is probably going to be one of the better ones they wore all season.