Does the Pac-10 suck...?

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oreducks77
Three Star Recruit

Does the Pac-10 suck...?

Post by oreducks77 »

Sure looks like it so far this Bowl season...

Oregon State---humiliated
Cal----humiliated
USC---ugly win vs. BC
UCLA--- about to get blown out by Temple
monster
Four Star Recruit

Re: Does the Pac-10 suck...?

Post by monster »

With this season bringing a wide-open race for the first time in years, I think a lot of these teams -- Cal, OSU, even USC -- really got their hopes crushed. All of them thought they'd be Pac-10 Champs at sometime down the stretch. The teams that somewhat unexpectedly rose up, Arizona and Stanford, should be a better measure of conference strength, as they're not in the emotional basement. As for UCLA ... they just imploded; hope Neuheisel gets the ax.
njenkins80
One Star Recruit

Post by njenkins80 »

monster wrote:With this season bringing a wide-open race for the first time in years, I think a lot of these teams -- Cal, OSU, even USC -- really got their hopes crushed. All of them thought they'd be Pac-10 Champs at sometime down the stretch. The teams that somewhat unexpectedly rose up, Arizona and Stanford, should be a better measure of conference strength, as they're not in the emotional basement. As for UCLA ... they just imploded; hope Neuheisel gets the ax.

this excuse is so tired and played out. Simple answer so far is YES
wiseforexinvestor
Three Star Recruit

Post by wiseforexinvestor »

njenkins80 wrote:
monster wrote:With this season bringing a wide-open race for the first time in years, I think a lot of these teams -- Cal, OSU, even USC -- really got their hopes crushed. All of them thought they'd be Pac-10 Champs at sometime down the stretch. The teams that somewhat unexpectedly rose up, Arizona and Stanford, should be a better measure of conference strength, as they're not in the emotional basement. As for UCLA ... they just imploded; hope Neuheisel gets the ax.

this excuse is so tired and played out. Simple answer so far is YES
You haven't been banned yet? Security, Security.....do your job!
OreDucks01284
Senior

Post by OreDucks01284 »

He does not need to be banned, he had done nothing wrong. If you dont like what he said, just ignore him.
njenkins80
One Star Recruit

Post by njenkins80 »

sorry my view is not the same as yours, dont you get bored just all saying the same things hopefully I bring a little diversity to your board
monster
Four Star Recruit

Post by monster »

How about: Cal beat Minnesota on the road, and USC beat tOSU on the road, and Oregon beat Purdue, so if we suck the Big X hasn't much good to say about themselves, comparatively.
njenkins80
One Star Recruit

Post by njenkins80 »

monster wrote:How about: Cal beat Minnesota on the road, and USC beat tOSU on the road, and Oregon beat Purdue, so if we suck the Big X hasn't much good to say about themselves, comparatively.
and none of those teams have improved or changed from the begining of the year, Im just looking at bowls people typically do that so thats what I'm looking at
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Unless its a BCS bowl or one just below it (Holiday, Alamo, Cotton) rarely do both teams show up. Just look at all the bowls so far, almost every single one has been a blowout. If you actually look at these bowls & think it really determines how good either team is you're either real ignorant or just desperate (Big 10 fans).
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

oreducks77 wrote:Sure looks like it so far this Bowl season...

Oregon State---humiliated
Cal----humiliated
USC---ugly win vs. BC
UCLA--- about to get blown out by Temple
Dude, don't be so dramatic.

Yes, Oregon State was humiliated, but Cal lost to a good Utah team by 10 points and USC beat an eight win Boston College team by 11 points. The sky is not falling.

It's like Jimmy Johnson was saying the other day when he was referring to how Boise State or other WAC teams would do if they played in the SEC. That they could beat any one of them on any given day, but not consistently week in and week out.

Don't you think Temple is fired up to play UCLA?

You bet they are!

Don't you think Bronco Mendenhall at BYU was highly motivated to spank the Beavers?

You bet he was!

That wasn't necessarily a "bad" loss because BYU was totally motivated to destroy a PAC-10 team and, whether they'd admit it or not, the Beavers were still smarting about not going to the Rose Bowl for the second year in a row. You could see how sluggish they were.

By the way, that's also the same BYU team that beat Oklahoma on a neutral field WITH Sam Bradford, Jeramie Gresham (spelling?) and a healthy, but new offensive line. They totally exploited Oklahoma's O-line.

The PAC-10 will be fine.

I don't think I can say the same for the BIG-10 though. :lol:
John 3:36
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Several bowl games are meaningless. I prefer to look at what a team did over the 12 game regular season rather than 1 bowl game. And honestly, all I care about right now is Oregon winning the rose bowl. If the pac-10 loses their other bowl games, so be it. The experts and the media will find something to complain about whatever happens.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

njenkins80 wrote:
monster wrote:How about: Cal beat Minnesota on the road, and USC beat tOSU on the road, and Oregon beat Purdue, so if we suck the Big X hasn't much good to say about themselves, comparatively.
and none of those teams have improved or changed from the begining of the year, Im just looking at bowls people typically do that so thats what I'm looking at
Keep in mind that Cal blew out Minny on the road before Minny's only good player got injured. When anOSU beat them, their offense was terrible without that guy.
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

lol The hypocrisy on this forum continues to amaze me. All you guys would talk about is how amazing the Pac 10 because we went undefeated in bowl games last year. Now, all of a sudden those bowl games don’t matter.

The Pac 10 is not the worst conference in America, but it is also far away from being the best conference - which many people on this forum tried to peg it as.
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

We're 2 and 2 and both our losses have been to higher ranked teams. It really hasn't been that bad of a bowl season so far. Not as good as last year, but how could you of topped that?
oreducks77
Three Star Recruit

Post by oreducks77 »

Sorry for the emotional post guys, it's just disappointing when the effort teams showed during Pac-10 play was amazing, only to see many Pac-10 teams look like they're sleepwalking in Bowl games.