Ohio State the better team

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Ohio State the better team

Post by gofightingducks »

Ohio State showed their size and strength difference in this game. Hard for Oregon and being undersized to win this game. The time of possession difference was huge Oregon's D simply couldn't stop Ohio State's offense when it mattered. The gameplan by Ohio State was great and Alliotti as usual called a poor game. Until Oregon can get more size they will have a hard time beating the more talented bigger stronger teams. They competed but in the end the gameplan was the big difference. Things might have been different had Blount not fumbled, that was a game changer. Congrats to the Ducks on a good year and here is looking to next season!!!

GO DUCKS!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Ohio State the better team

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Pryor killed us. How many third downs did he convert? Beast.

Our offense never got running. Congrats to tOSU.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I think Nick dialed up a pretty good game. Ohio State just executed better than we did. Our offense was more to blame than our defense was. In the end they just played better than we did. Pryor is a beast.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

karlhungis wrote:I think Nick dialed up a pretty good game. Ohio State just executed better than we did. Our offense was more to blame than our defense was. In the end they just played better than we did. Pryor is a beast.
Pryors legs were good, passing was good, BUT, several of the pass receptions were unbelievable....
The win has to be credited to the OSU D though...Normally, 26 points doesnt win a game against the ducks...
canaduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by canaduck »

karlhungis wrote:I think Nick dialed up a pretty good game. Ohio State just executed better than we did. Our offense was more to blame than our defense was. In the end they just played better than we did. Pryor is a beast.
I agree, late in the first half we had Pryor looking bad, and he stepped up in the second half despite our players being put in great positions by the play calls. Pryor often made something out of nothing and our unforced error of the fumble killed our momentum. We might be able to make those mistakes and get away with them against Arizona but not Ohio State. All in all, stung much less than the Boise loss for me, always tough to swallow a loss, but Ohio State deserved the win today.
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

I thought that we should gone for it on 4th and 1 rather than try for the FG. I thought coach was a little more conservative than usual with that and defering until the 2nd half. Usually he goes for the jugular. The bottom line though was that we were not able to stop Pryor.
Pontius
Three Star Recruit

Post by Pontius »

They played the better game on this day. The Ducks failed to execute at times and the Buckeyes took more advantage of their opportunities. But this game played on another day, just as likely leads to a Duck victory. So to say they are the better team isn't quite how far I'd go. But the Buckeyes certainly deserve all the credit for showing up when it counted.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

tOSU just played better. We had our chances but couldn't get it done. There's no shame in this loss. We're still pac10 champs & have almost the whole team returning next year. Things are looking good, Chip is the man & is just getting started. Finish this recruiting class strong & start getting ready for spring ball. We love our Ducks!
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:tOSU just played better. We had our chances but couldn't get it done. There's no shame in this loss. We're still pac10 champs & have almost the whole team returning next year. Things are looking good, Chip is the man & is just getting started. Finish this recruiting class strong & start getting ready for spring ball. We love our Ducks!
I would be willing to place a bet that Oregon wins the spring game this year.....rofl
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

I was there, the defense was far from impressive. They missed several tackles, especially on Pryor. The pass defense was horrendous against a team that supposedly couldn't pass. Then again, it's the fact that Oregon only scored 17 points that lost them this game. Horrible play calling and a very boring offensive game from the ducks.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

duckgrad99 wrote:Horrible play calling and a very boring offensive game from the ducks.
So much of this truly was anOSU's defense being really, really good. But also, I think we changed our offense too much. We put receivers into trips instead of spreading the field, we ran the fly sweep with Barner, and Masoli took a decent amount of snaps (for the Ducks) from under center. I realize that you have to throw in some wrinkles since your opponent has a long time to watch film, but I think it is a flaw to get too far from what got you the Rose Bowl in the first place. But, Chip's a first year HC, and he will learn from this.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

“Definitely the whole night we were just a little bit off,” said Masoli, who was 9 for 20. “We didn’t really open up the playbook regarding the air attack. I don’t know why. I wasn’t calling the plays.

I think that's a great quote. The ducks were never in rhythm. They kept running the same running play over and over again. Where were the trick plays? How about going deep? Ohio State does have a great defense, but I think the ducks helped them out a lot today. The ducks never had control of this game, which is very rare. From what I saw, a lot of the duck fans were sort of "out of it" for most of the game. Something was missing, and I think it was the fact that the ducks didn't look like the ducks today.
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Post by echo31 »

duckgrad99 wrote:“Definitely the whole night we were just a little bit off,” said Masoli, who was 9 for 20. “We didn’t really open up the playbook regarding the air attack. I don’t know why. I wasn’t calling the plays.

I think that's a great quote. The ducks were never in rhythm. They kept running the same running play over and over again. Where were the trick plays? How about going deep? Ohio State does have a great defense, but I think the ducks helped them out a lot today. The ducks never had control of this game, which is very rare. From what I saw, a lot of the duck fans were sort of "out of it" for most of the game. Something was missing, and I think it was the fact that the ducks didn't look like the ducks today.
That quote scares me a bit. It borders on insubordination or at the least of Masoli not trusting his coaches. That would be bad. I hope I'm reading too much into it.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

echo31 wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:“Definitely the whole night we were just a little bit off,” said Masoli, who was 9 for 20. “We didn’t really open up the playbook regarding the air attack. I don’t know why. I wasn’t calling the plays.

That quote scares me a bit. It borders on insubordination or at the least of Masoli not trusting his coaches. That would be bad. I hope I'm reading too much into it.
I had the same initial impression when I read it...But, keep in mind...CK is not one to shirk responsibility and most likely, in hind sight, wouldnt disagree with the statement. After all, the play calling was somewhat less than stellar...All in all though, it was worth the trip...and I would do it again...and...again....and...again....lol...GOOOOO DUCKS
RanDux
Senior

Post by RanDux »

ducksrock wrote:
echo31 wrote:

I had the same initial impression when I read it...But, keep in mind...CK is not one to shirk responsibility and most likely, in hind sight, wouldnt disagree with the statement. After all, the play calling was somewhat less than stellar...All in all though, it was worth the trip...and I would do it again...and...again....and...again....lol...GOOOOO DUCKS
I think Masoli's quote supports the impression that CK was too conservative. I am glad he is our coach, and I know he will learn from this, but he didn't coach with his usual agression and that is how our team performs best.