Keep your heads up Duckies

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

chapelhillduck
Senior

Keep your heads up Duckies

Post by chapelhillduck »

1. I don't think many of us thought 10-3 was even possible this year, especially after Boise
2. If they played the Rose Bowl 10 times I think we win 5 of them
3. Two of our losses came when the opposing QB decided to have their best game of the year (I think our D played pretty well tonight, and we got beat because OSU made some plays out of nothing)
4. I haven't been this excited for 9 months before a season EVER
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Re: Keep your heads up Duckies

Post by AJ_U »

definitely a great season. I personally didn't think 10-3 and a rose bowl would happen after Boise, so great job ducks for getting it done and keeping focused one game at a time.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Yeah, this loss doesn't take away how great of a season this way. But I must say, I do want more.

Next year, pretty much everyone returns. Although the schedule is rough, there's no reason we shouldn't be fighting for the Pac-10 championship again.

Can't wait. How many more months?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
AJ_U
Three Star Recruit

Post by AJ_U »

4 till the spring game!
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

chapelhillduck wrote:1. I don't think many of us thought 10-3 was even possible this year, especially after Boise
2. If they played the Rose Bowl 10 times I think we win 5 of them
3. Two of our losses came when the opposing QB decided to have their best game of the year (I think our D played pretty well tonight, and we got beat because OSU made some plays out of nothing)
4. I haven't been this excited for 9 months before a season EVER

It was a great season that didnt end the way we wanted. OSU defense was for real (but so was our O at times), and Pryor is a beast. We get basically everybody back on O and get to use Jackson and Gaines next year, so hopefully are O will be more explosive. The D needs some bigger bodies on the line. We are lucky to have Kelly as a coach, just give him some time and he will have us competing for NCs.
oreducks77
Three Star Recruit

Post by oreducks77 »

I think we've already patted ourselves on the back enough for a good regular season... this loss stings, we should have won, and we all know it. The coaching staff and the players didn't get the job done. Time to get ready for next year.
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

oreducks77 wrote:I think we've already patted ourselves on the back enough for a good regular season... this loss stings, we should have won, and we all know it. The coaching staff and the players didn't get the job done. Time to get ready for next year.
Yup!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Yeah, this loss doesn't take away how great of a season this way. But I must say, I do want more.

Next year, pretty much everyone returns. Although the schedule is rough, there's no reason we shouldn't be fighting for the Pac-10 championship again.

Can't wait. How many more months?
I know the difficulties, but here some reasons to be optimistic about the schedule:

Two non conference cupcakes. Although boring for fans, the high profile Tennessee road game is sandwiched between two gimmees. These games produce fewer injuries, less wear and tear in general, and if we win the Tenn game there will be no ranking penalty.

With the talent balance in the conference, our every other year playing the top teams on the road may not hold true next year. I am not sure that having SC, OSU, and Cal on the road is any worse than having to play AZ, Stanford or UCLA in their place.
addictedtoquack
Three Star Recruit

Post by addictedtoquack »

Yeah I'm beyond excited to see how this team plays next season. Of the few seniors that will be leaving this year I think they will all be missed though, I'll miss TJ Ward the most though, he ones of my favorite Ducks to watch at least on the defensive side of the ball.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

As far as next season goes, I think the ducks could use another playmaker or two. They had Masoli and Blount, but they could really use a "go to" wide receiver that puts up the numbers in every game. They also need to figure out a way not to let opposing teams complete 3rd down after 3rd down and tackle better. This was a great season. In order to match it or get better though, this team definitely can improve in certain areas.
wlduck
Sophomore

Post by wlduck »

duckgrad99 wrote:As far as next season goes, I think the ducks could use another playmaker or two. They had Masoli and Blount, but they could really use a "go to" wide receiver that puts up the numbers in every game. They also need to figure out a way not to let opposing teams complete 3rd down after 3rd down and tackle better. This was a great season. In order to match it or get better though, this team definitely can improve in certain areas.
Diante Jackson may just be that wide receiver. The buzz around his play on the scout team this year reminds me of what we were hearing about LaMichael last year.
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

wlduck wrote:
duckgrad99 wrote:As far as next season goes, I think the ducks could use another playmaker or two. They had Masoli and Blount, but they could really use a "go to" wide receiver that puts up the numbers in every game. They also need to figure out a way not to let opposing teams complete 3rd down after 3rd down and tackle better. This was a great season. In order to match it or get better though, this team definitely can improve in certain areas.
Diante Jackson may just be that wide receiver. The buzz around his play on the scout team this year reminds me of what we were hearing about LaMichael last year.

Good to hear. Maybe he will be like Desean Jackson. At least I can hope!!!!!
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Diante Jackson isn't much like Desean. Diante is a big strong reciever that has great speed to go along with his size. Diante was all SPEED & quickness.

Hopefully Diante can step in & be another go to guy, along the lines of Maehl, for Masoli. After Maehl there was never a consistent guy for Masoli to go to.
bigfootlebowski
Three Star Recruit

Post by bigfootlebowski »

oreducks77 wrote:I think we've already patted ourselves on the back enough for a good regular season... this loss stings, we should have won, and we all know it. The coaching staff and the players didn't get the job done. Time to get ready for next year.
Not sure why u think we should have won beyond homerism. If we play Ohio State 100 times I dont see winning more than 50% of them. If we had lost to portland state I might agree we should have won, but OSU is a very good team, with both size and speed, we really only have the speed component.
The game was close and could easily have gone our way with a couple of breaks here and there but certainly wasnt a game we should have won.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Something to remember about our D is this is the first year that Alioti was really unleashed. I think with the confidence this year has given him, it will only get better. Plus, we know Chip is an offensive guru, but he'll get his D chops under him!