A classic rose bowl game!!

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

njenkins80
One Star Recruit

A classic rose bowl game!!

Post by njenkins80 »

First off, congrats on a great game I was impressed with the Oregon D, and boy do you all have some RB's. I never really payed that much attention to the style of O, but good God it is hard to keep an eye on who has teh ball, when that Barner kid comes blazzing across the backfield all I did was hold my breath.

Honestly this was a great game, and I felt that at any minute the momentum could have turned, but our D just stayed relentless and with Pryor conductinf 10-19 play dirves it was the perfect plan for the bucks to keep the ducks off the field.

I think both these teams have a great future and shold be top 10 teams pre-season please dont let USC have the PAC again I love watching their home games with empty seats
echo31
Five Star Recruit

Re: A classic rose bowl game!!

Post by echo31 »

It certainly was a good game. I wish the Ducks had won, but Pryor just kept converting 3rd downs and on the rare occasion that our offense actually had the ball, they could never find a rhythm. The Ohio State defense played great football. Ohio State earned the victory, and I am glad that my Ducks at least made them earn it.

Now the offseason ... ugh!
ncduck
Senior

Post by ncduck »

I agree it was a great game! Obviously I'm a little bummed about the final score. The last momentum shift when Blount fumbled the ball really seemed to lock it up for you guys.

I hate to go into ifs, but had Oregon scored on the drive it's hard to say what the outcome would have been.
njenkins80
One Star Recruit

Post by njenkins80 »

Yeah that fumble really changed the game, the part of your game that imporessed me the most was your punt and kickoff returns...man it seems like you started at or past the 40 every drive.
duck58
Four Star Recruit

Post by duck58 »

Some of my family, who are Beaver fans, began ribbing me; "What do you think of your PAC-10 champs now?" I said, " Easy, they lost to another conference champ, and played hard and were actually in the game well into the 2nd half. You guys lost to the 2nd place MWC team and lacked the pride to at least keep trying. Your team was embarrassing." That is funny that they would compare their loss in Las Vegas to ours in the RB.

Now for the real OSU. For me to call a team elite, they would have to show themselves over a long period. Not that they can't show a few off years but would get back up soon. When you consider the history, OSU, USC, Alabama, Texas, and a newcomer Florida I would consider elite now. Oklahoma is losing that status, but could regain it. PSU has knocked on the door but never got in. Michigan has lost it. We are knocking on the door. Only two of our losses to OSU mean anything; the RBs. The other six were easy schedule fillers for them and paydays for us; like those games with OU and Nebraska. Now these schools take us seriously.

We are competing with them on the field and recruiting. Pryor had it down to us and OSU. Easley had it down to us until Florida offered. Next season OSU should be at least preseason top 5 and we should be top 10. Be nice to play them again, but not in RB. Big 10 has always been my 2nd favorite conference. Let's keep the SEC and Big 12 out of it next year. That will be hard to do.
freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Here's to many more. I would (obviously) love to have a huge rose bowl rivalry with OSU for many years to come! And I hope we do get that elite status. I think we see the corner, but we have to operate at a high level for few more years to get to the corner. The bright side is Chip's the man to do it, and I really see us being there in the next 5 years.

I have to say I'm extremely impressed with the Ohio St. fans. My coworker who was at the game said they were the coolest fans he's come across. Stay classy!
briarduck
Senior

Post by briarduck »

Congrats on the win, your defense was better than I thought they'd be and TP did a great job (passing ect)...damn it! :lol:

We needed our defense to make a couple stops to get our offense back on the field and just couldn't do it...I knew this game would come down to your offense against our defense and clearly that was the difference...well done, great clock management and great game plan! I just didn't believe TP would pass as well as he did!

Now lets make it a repeat next year in the NC!....just with a different outcome! :D

GO DUCKS!!
GO DUCKS!! WTD!