Glad we're not Georgia Tech

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

MFRDuckFan
Senior

Glad we're not Georgia Tech

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Ouch!!! Do they ever throw the ball? Just wondering.
SuperDuck
Senior

Re: Glad we're not Georgia Tech

Post by SuperDuck »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Ouch!!! Do they ever throw the ball? Just wondering.
Actually they do, although it doesn't seem like they do it very much. They have a star wide receiver named Demaryius Thomas. He doesn't have all world stats, but he'd be a lot more well known if they had a more balanced offense. Still, watch out for this kid in the game. He's the real deal.
John 3:36
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

SuperDuck wrote:
Actually they do, although it doesn't seem like they do it very much. They have a star wide receiver named Demaryius Thomas. He doesn't have all world stats, but he'd be a lot more well known if they had a more balanced offense. Still, watch out for this kid in the game. He's the real deal.
1000 receiving yards and a nation best 25 yards per catch in an offense that runs more running plays than any other in cfb doesn't qualify as all-world stats?
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

I feel bad for them, but at least their D is holding Iowa to only 14 so far. Hope they blast open the play book & make something happen in the second half. I actually picked them to win. Of course, I picked TCU as well. Maybe I should make my pick, then go with the other team!
SuperDuck
Senior

Post by SuperDuck »

DarronThomas1 wrote:
SuperDuck wrote:
1000 receiving yards and a nation best 25 yards per catch in an offense that runs more running plays than any other in cfb doesn't qualify as all-world stats?
I didn't realize he had that great of stats. I looked at the "official" (so it said) Georgia Tech Ramblin' Wreck website because I knew about the kid, but I couldn't remember his name. That site said he had 639 yards. That may have been posted through the course of the season.

Oh well. My bad.
John 3:36
DarronThomas5
Four Star Recruit

Post by DarronThomas5 »

officially 1154 receiving yards on just 46 catches entering tonight for Thomas.

he only had 600 something last year I think that's what you were looking at.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I humbly admit that the Big 10 looked really good in the bowl games this year. I underestimated them. I thought that PSU, OSU, and Iowa were all going to get blown out.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
shear_j
Four Star Recruit

Post by shear_j »

I think what we saw this year was the Big-11 coaches going outside their comfort zone. The rose bowl was won by tOSU (as opposed to lost by us) because Tressel came out with a completely different offence than he's shown all year. You also saw Kirk Farentz (sp?) playing a little more on the dangerous side than certainly I expected. I mean a fake field goal that late in the game? i was stunned. :o