Rivals' Early 2010 Rankings

Post by pikestick »

they do the Ducks one higher than the ESPN one from the last couple days - #3

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/conte ... ID=1037628
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Re: Rivals' Early 2010 Rankings

Post by gofightingducks »

WOW if things hold up there is going to be a lot of hype surrounding the Ducks next season, I wonder if that will help at all to close out this season's recruiting class? Hopefully the Ducks can live up to the hype!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

What's the highest we've ever started?

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Surprised at a couple things... Oregon ahead of BSU, and USC several places above Florida.

That one especially puzzles me, due to the fact they seem to have taken the coaching situation into consideration.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

woundedknees wrote:Surprised at a couple things... Oregon ahead of BSU, and USC several places above Florida.

That one especially puzzles me, due to the fact they seem to have taken the coaching situation into consideration.
Well we beat USC this year, so no surprise there. Florida lost Tim Tebow and Meyer, that's a pretty big blow, even for a team with probably the most talent in the country. But you could make an argument for Boise State, they return everyone and beat us.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I wasn't surprised Oregon was ahead of USC... I was referring to Florida being behind the ToeJamz.

With the kind of talent already on hand at Florida, plus the apparent influx of huge talent from this class, it would seem that Florida is prepared to reload, even with Meyer questionable, and Tebow gone.

If Meyer can't return, all bets are off.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
woundedknees wrote:Surprised at a couple things... Oregon ahead of BSU, and USC several places above Florida.

Well we beat USC this year, so no surprise there. Florida lost Tim Tebow and Meyer, that's a pretty big blow, even for a team with probably the most talent in the country. But you could make an argument for Boise State, they return everyone and beat us.
Florida also lost one of their coordinators. I think next season could be a long one for the Gators, unless the scheduling gods hooked them up again.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
pikestick
Two Star Recruit

Post by pikestick »

it's also just one guy's opinion. I bet, after a lot more way-too-early top 25s are released, that Boise St will be ranked higher than UO if the rankings were to be compiled
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

Looking the schedules for next year, it looks like multiple teams will finish undefeated and even if we don't lose, we will likely be the odd man out. But you never know
I was BORN and BRED for SUCCESS and ACHIEVEMENT
gofightingducks
All Pac-12

Post by gofightingducks »

uo2010 wrote:Looking the schedules for next year, it looks like multiple teams will finish undefeated and even if we don't lose, we will likely be the odd man out. But you never know
I bet if Oregon goes undefeated they play for a NC but they won't go undefeated so it doesn't really matter. Another Rose Bowl, this time a win would be good for me. Until the Ducks replace Alliotti they won't win or even go to a NC.
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

gofightingducks wrote:
uo2010 wrote:Looking the schedules for next year, it looks like multiple teams will finish undefeated and even if we don't lose, we will likely be the odd man out. But you never know
I bet if Oregon goes undefeated they play for a NC but they won't go undefeated so it doesn't really matter. Another Rose Bowl, this time a win would be good for me. Until the Ducks replace Alliotti they won't win or even go to a NC.
Oregon would not pass an undefeated Alabama, tOSU, or BSU - especially with the newly percieved lack of strenght of the Pac 10. But I will gladly take another Rose Bowl :D
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

uo2010 wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:
Oregon would not pass an undefeated Alabama, tOSU, or BSU - especially with the newly percieved lack of strenght of the Pac 10. But I will gladly take another Rose Bowl :D
I think even though BSU is going to start out with a great ranking, we could pass them if both teams are undefeated. Depends on how the season goes. And I doubt tOSU goes undefeated anyways. I think if we win out there's a pretty damn good chance of us playing in the NC game.
uo2010
Four Star Recruit

Post by uo2010 »

Tray Dub wrote:
uo2010 wrote:
gofightingducks wrote:
I think even though BSU is going to start out with a great ranking, we could pass them if both teams are undefeated. Depends on how the season goes. And I doubt tOSU goes undefeated anyways. I think if we win out there's a pretty damn good chance of us playing in the NC game.
With our weak non-conference schedule and BSU playing Va Tech and OSU, I would be suprised if we passed them (especially because the fact that they beat us two years in a row will be in the back of their mind. Us returning everyone but four starters is impressive, until you look at BSU's returning roster.
pikestick
Two Star Recruit

Post by pikestick »

I don't think there's any chance that Boise State would play in a National Championship game over an undefeated team from any of the BCS conferences. Even if they finished higher in the human polls it would be very close and then SOS in the computers would kill them. Playing in the WAC will keep them out of the National Championship every single time there are at least two other undefeated teams from BCS conferences (except for possibly a Big East team, but I would still bet the Big East team comes out ahead in the BCS rankings more often than not).
duckstheword
Two Star Recruit

Post by duckstheword »

Completely agree with pikestick. You can't say that just because Boise plays VT and OSU (and ultimately goes undefeated) they would go to the NC game. That's TWO decent teams. Oregon will play at Tenn and they will play at OSU as well. Then they play the rest of the Pac-10. If Oregon and Boise are undefeated, no way does Boise get in. Unless we play them in the NC game. LOL! How nuts would that be?

It will be 'Bama versus whoever wants it the most next year.