Nike Pro Combat Uniforms

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

neezy3
Four Star Recruit

Nike Pro Combat Uniforms

Post by neezy3 »

http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefoot ... ivalries09

Really cool website check it out, and here is Blount's gloves.

http://twitpic.com/x8ae8
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Re: Nike Pro Combat Uniforms

Post by MFRDuckFan »

Interesting not one mention of Oregon. The Ducks are the ones that were the guinea pigs and not one breath. Must be some agreements, but doesn't seem right.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Interesting not one mention of Oregon. The Ducks are the ones that were the guinea pigs and not one breath. Must be some agreements, but doesn't seem right.

Could be, but there are Zero choices for Duck Mascot, while Trojans, etc..etc..etc...are all available....Plus, ya cant add ID's containing items such as "Go Ducks"...Apparently has to be a "Name"...So, I added...."IMA DUCK" to a duffle bag and it accepted it...
There is more than one way to skin a beast.....But, its not worth the hassle, especially considering that many, if not most of the airlines would trash whatever ya had anyway, if ya checked it as baggage....
Oh well, I will buy elsewhere....
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

MFRDuckFan wrote:Interesting not one mention of Oregon. The Ducks are the ones that were the guinea pigs and not one breath. Must be some agreements, but doesn't seem right.
Actually, the Ducks were the guinea pigs for the Nike Pro Combat uniforms. The Ducks uniforms incorporated most, if not all, of technology found in the uniforms found on Nike's website. Nike gives Oregon the chance to use the uniform technology for almost an entire season before everyone gets a chance to use it.
blanco_diablo
One Star Recruit

Post by blanco_diablo »

greenyellow wrote:
Actually, the Ducks were the guinea pigs for the Nike Pro Combat uniforms. The Ducks uniforms incorporated most, if not all, of technology found in the uniforms found on Nike's website. Nike gives Oregon the chance to use the uniform technology for almost an entire season before everyone gets a chance to use it.
Agreed, this was a preview of new uniform technology that the Ducks have worn. I know I've seen some players rocking those combat shorts throughout the season as well. Over the past decade, innovation and Oregon football have become synonymous, people already know about Oregon's unis... just ask LGB if it was a factor in his choosing Oregon over Bama, FSU etc. But, who could have predicted something like this from Ohio State or Texas?

A little story for those who wonder about the power and reach of the Oregon's ever changing look...

I have a friend in South Carolina whose family consists of die-hard Atlanta Falcons, Clemson and Kentucky fans. She asked her 10 year-old son what his favorite football uniform was (she was trying to come up with Christmas gift ideas). This was last year, the week after the "Light's Out" game against AZ. Without hesitation he answered "those new Oregon jerseys with the wings!" Even his parents had not seen the uniforms and had to look them up on-line, but they had already made an impact on their son and many of his football friends. Bodes well for the future of the program if the Ducks can reach this kid in a matter of days!
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

greenyellow wrote:
Correct, that's why I'm surprised that website doesn't even have one mention of the Ducks. I'm sure it's because of contracts with the University, etc., but it's a bit disappointing to have those supposed "power house" teams listed with their uniforms without the Ducks being shown.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

MFRDuckFan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
Correct, that's why I'm surprised that website doesn't even have one mention of the Ducks. I'm sure it's because of contracts with the University, etc., but it's a bit disappointing to have those supposed "power house" teams listed with their uniforms without the Ducks being shown.
They didn't showcase Oregon because they wanted to show off new technology in teams that tend to have old-school style uniforms. A drastically redesigned uniform really stands out on a team that doesn't change their uniforms too often. It makes more of statement when Oklahoma or Ohio State get new uniforms than when Oregon does since Oregon is expected to change while the powerhouse teams aren't.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

greenyellow wrote:
MFRDuckFan wrote:
greenyellow wrote:
They didn't showcase Oregon because they wanted to show off new technology in teams that tend to have old-school style uniforms. A drastically redesigned uniform really stands out on a team that doesn't change their uniforms too often. It makes more of statement when Oklahoma or Ohio State get new uniforms than when Oregon does since Oregon is expected to change while the powerhouse teams aren't.
I understand where they're coming from but I'm still disappointed as an Oregon fan. It's just the same old story. People believe what you show them & tell them. If Nike said UO was a powerhouse, guess what. We'd BE a powerhouse. Wouldn't have minded us being in the lineup is all.
chapelhillduck
Senior

Post by chapelhillduck »

1. We would need about 800 pictures to display our uniforms
2. These pictures would already be out of date
3. When people see this they will probably just assume Oregon is one of the pictures, or...
4. assume that leaving off Oregon is an active choice to highlight other programs (I think this is the correct reason FWIW)
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

chapelhillduck wrote:1. We would need about 800 pictures to display our uniforms
2. These pictures would already be out of date
3. When people see this they will probably just assume Oregon is one of the pictures, or...
4. assume that leaving off Oregon is an active choice to highlight other programs (I think this is the correct reason FWIW)
True. Then they should have given us our own page!! "And then there are the Ducks....." I can dream.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Also, Nike has to look like they are unbiased too. Giving them a whole page would just make people think Oregon is Nike U. even more.
MFRDuckFan
Senior

Post by MFRDuckFan »

greenyellow wrote:Also, Nike has to look like they are unbiased too. Giving them a whole page would just make people think Oregon is Nike U. even more.
Of course! They couldn't do that if they wanted to. I was just being facetious. I understand the tightrope they walk.

I love what they did with the gloves though. Somebody took a picture of Jeffrey with them on. Very cool!

freedjr
Four Star Recruit

Post by freedjr »

Those gloves are so sick. I'm honestly shocked they don't make them as warm gloves for students. Honestly, can anyone on here honestly say they wouldn't buy them? I would do anything to get a pair!

And love the South Carolina uniform story. I always have a debate with a co-worker on Oregon's unis. He's a hard-core Idaho grad who is into tradition and makes fun of Oregon's colors. I always tell him the unis aren't for you, like them or not, you don't hear Sportscenter talk about Idaho unis, and the kids love them. If it pulls in recruits, why wouldn't you do it?
Duckster
Two Star Recruit

Post by Duckster »

neezy3 wrote:http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefoot ... ivalries09

Okay, I guess the gloves are cool. But the Ducks don't need gloves with the "O" logo on them...players and fans make the "O" shape with their hands. Like Dior Mathis did after declaring his commitment to the Ducks at the Army All American game.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Duckster wrote:
neezy3 wrote:http://www.nike.com/nikeos/p/usnikefoot ... ivalries09

Okay, I guess the gloves are cool. But the Ducks don't need gloves with the "O" logo on them...players and fans make the "O" shape with their hands. Like Dior Mathis did after declaring his commitment to the Ducks at the Army All American game.
Nike made gloves with team logos or designs for just about all of their high level teams so it's really no big deal. They're a just a special version of the regular receiving gloves they normally wear.