Apparently it's not Jack Del Rio

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

wheaton4prez
Senior

Re: Apparently it's not Jack Del Rio

Post by wheaton4prez »

Looks like I'm in the minority on this. If USC really is making Belotti an offer, at this point in his career, I don't see how he would turn it down.

I'm pretty sure that it would be a lot more pay then he is getting now and he has nothing to lose career-wise as a coach. He already retired. The sanctions don't really mean squat because if he isn't able to fix the program, it's not as if he was planning on coaching for another 20 years. He will have been paid huge dollars to do the job he loves most with the most resources any program has to offer. It would be a win or a win for him.

It makes sense from USC's perspective as well since they are looking to clean up the programs image and Belotti is outstanding in the PR / "we're the good guys" department.

The biggest question, imo, is whether or not Belotti could be healthy enough in time to do the job after his knee surgery. I'm thinking he can. If Thurmond can have every ligament possible snapped in two and still participate in an NFL combine by seasons end, a good doctor can have Belotti walking in a longer amount of time.
woundedknees
All-American

Re: Apparently it's not Jack Del Rio

Post by woundedknees »

I think Allioti should be at the top of the list...
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!