Kenny Payne

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

maxduck
Senior

Kenny Payne

Post by maxduck »

I know he is reportedly a great recruiter but doesn't he also work with the Oregon big men? From today's Register-Guard "As effective as Jeremy Jacob and Michael Dunigan could be as low-post scorers, opponents figured out neither dealt well with being double teamed. They each had four assists, in the entire season. They need to become better passers." http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... s-kent.csp

Yes, I know the bigs didn't see the ball enough, I know horrible outside shooting cuts down on assists, but 4 assists each?? One assist every 8 games? That is pathetic.
dthomas=ddixon

Re: Kenny Payne

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

I've always wondered about that. I get that he has all these recruiting ties but what does it matter if once the kid gets here, he doesn't produce? I agree with keeping him around on the new coaching staff but how about once the 4* center gets here, we let Turgeon or Dixon or whoever we get, coach them up?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

maxduck wrote:I know he is reportedly a great recruiter but doesn't he also work with the Oregon big men? From today's Register-Guard "As effective as Jeremy Jacob and Michael Dunigan could be as low-post scorers, opponents figured out neither dealt well with being double teamed. They each had four assists, in the entire season. They need to become better passers." http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... s-kent.csp

Yes, I know the bigs didn't see the ball enough, I know horrible outside shooting cuts down on assists, but 4 assists each?? One assist every 8 games? That is pathetic.
I wonder if that has to do with them not passing it down on double teams, or more-so with just a lack of getting the bigs the ball on the low post (Thus a less likelihood of them ever passing the ball back out). Probably a combination of both IMO.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
maxduck wrote:I know he is reportedly a great recruiter but doesn't he also work with the Oregon big men? From today's Register-Guard "As effective as Jeremy Jacob and Michael Dunigan could be as low-post scorers, opponents figured out neither dealt well with being double teamed. They each had four assists, in the entire season. They need to become better passers." http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... s-kent.csp

I wonder if that has to do with them not passing it down on double teams, or more-so with just a lack of getting the bigs the ball on the low post (Thus a less likelihood of them ever passing the ball back out). Probably a combination of both IMO.
I think that is more of the case. Our point guards and wings didn't seem to know how to get them the ball in a good position for them to anything with it.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

greenyellow wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:

I think that is more of the case. Our point guards and wings didn't seem to know how to get them the ball in a good position for them to anything with it.
Probably, and if I'm a big, and see the ball as often as our big men do, of course I'm gonna make an attempt to shoot it! haha

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13