Roburt Sallie to visit

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

woundedknees
All-American

Re: Roburt Sallie to visit

Post by woundedknees »

A player such as Sallie would have far more potential impact on the Ducks, than on an already loaded team such as the Bruins... And UCLA would have no advantage travel-wise, for his family, over Oregon.
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Awesome! Gotta love this kid. PERFECT fit for Oregon! He would come in and probably even start right away. Oregon does not have a shooting guard that can score the ball consistently. I think this is a no brainer for both sides.
Big minutes + new arena + close to family = Oregon's to lose IMO.

Be a Duck Sallie!!!
duckgrad99
All Pac-12

Post by duckgrad99 »

Any idea of why he has bounced around so much? Since graduating from high school, Sallie has played for CCSF and commited to Washington, Nebraska, Memphis and then another school this fall.
dthomas=ddixon

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

"Well I got to be interested in them if I am going out there [laughs], but ya, I told myself that Oregon was a school I had to check out and I am going to make sure that Oregon is the first school I look at," said Sallie. "I am going to check out Oregon and then I think I might swing down to UCLA after that visit and see what is going on at UCLA but outside of those two I am still in the very early stages of schools."

So we're pretty much his top school. Sounds really good so far.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

duckgrad99 wrote:Any idea of why he has bounced around so much? Since graduating from high school, Sallie has played for CCSF and commited to Washington, Nebraska, Memphis and then another school this fall.
It has to do with his grades being questionable and teams not having room once his problems are cleared up.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Sallie wanted to attend Nebraska, after 2 years prep school... The NCAA clearinghouse (Everybody's 1st choice for intelligent and expedient decision making) demanded copies of his tests and homework from the prep school (I defy 99+% of students to produce those 15 minutes after receiving their scores back), even though his grades were sufficient under normal circumstances. He attended 1 class, before receiving word his qualification had been denied.

After attending 1 year of JC, he returned to Nebraska, only to find an AD official had enrolled him, prior to the ruling by the NCAA. The Big 12 has a rule that states he may not attend any Big 12 conference school due to that fact.

Sallie ended up at Memphis, and the rest has pretty much been addressed in this thread.

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

If Altman and the Ducks can make the grade with Sallie, and this team can make an obvious improvement over the last couple seasons' performance, next year's round of recruiting could become very interesting.

buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Interesting, Mops wrote a free article on Sallie, and he is buddies with Masoli from their time at CCSF along with having a few other friends in Eugene. This might play to our favor.

http://www.duckterritory.com/basketball ... his-career
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

buckmarkduck wrote:Interesting, Mops wrote a free article on Sallie, and he is buddies with Masoli from their time at CCSF along with having a few other friends in Eugene. This might play to our favor.

http://www.duckterritory.com/basketball ... his-career
Oregon just has a lot of things going for it that Sallie seems to like. It's close to home, has new facilities, he knows people already here, and likes Altman. It would really be a shock if he didn't choose Oregon if he does indeed intend to transfer to another school.
justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

Video of him against Cal State North ridge
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4TcQcy7l_8