Oregon vs Florida State (Saturday 3:30 PM)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

paduck
One Star Recruit

Re: Oregon vs Florida State (Saturday 3:30 PM)

Post by paduck »

Question for anyone watching the game who watched a decent amount of baseball: Is Tyler pitching poorly or can FSU just hit that well. As I stare at Gametracker I can't help but wonder if maybe this is the best hitting team Tyler has faced this year and they're just hitting his good stuff. At the same time, UCLA and ASU are damn good teams so he's probably just having an off-day leaving fastballs up or hanging his off-speed stuff. Thanks in advance for any insight.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Man, they are smacking Tyler around now..

The problem is that all their hits have been basically home runs and doubles.
The crazy thing is that they really aren't. The second part is the key there; he's scattered 8 hits over 7 innings, but Fla State is just one of those teams that has the patience and power to hit a ball over the fence whereas most teams manage a bunch of singles against him. Tyler isn't pitching poorly, nor is Florida State really having a field day at the plate (for them). It's strength on strength, and Fla State is just winning.
ImageImageImageImageImage
KeenanHowry15
Three Star Recruit

Post by KeenanHowry15 »

what happens after this loss? Are we done?
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

KeenanHowry15 wrote:what happens after this loss? Are we done?
It's a double elimination tournament. So, no. We will play UConn tomorrow in an elimination game.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

paduck wrote:Question for anyone watching the game who watched a decent amount of baseball: Is Tyler pitching poorly or can FSU just hit that well. As I stare at Gametracker I can't help but wonder if maybe this is the best hitting team Tyler has faced this year and they're just hitting his good stuff. At the same time, UCLA and ASU are damn good teams so he's probably just having an off-day leaving fastballs up or hanging his off-speed stuff. Thanks in advance for any insight.
I kind of answers this before I read your post above. It's really more than FSU can flat smash the ball. Tyler vs. Arizona is a good example of a team smacking him around unmercifully. That's not happening here... if we're playing a typical Pac-10 team, Anderson is cruising with only one or two ER to his name. Alas, this is the postseason.
BillM
Two Star Recruit

Post by BillM »

UConn scored 25 runs today. I don't think Anderson has been as good this past month as he was in April. Their pitcher has been better than they thought he was going to be. Sloppy play is not what we needed . . . FSU didn't need the help. Misjudging the ball and losing it in left field to score two runs was a killer and the solo homers just added to the misery.
paduck
One Star Recruit

Post by paduck »

oregontrack wrote:
paduck wrote:Question for anyone watching the game who watched a decent amount of baseball: Is Tyler pitching poorly or can FSU just hit that well. As I stare at Gametracker I can't help but wonder if maybe this is the best hitting team Tyler has faced this year and they're just hitting his good stuff. At the same time, UCLA and ASU are damn good teams so he's probably just having an off-day leaving fastballs up or hanging his off-speed stuff. Thanks in advance for any insight.
I kind of answers this before I read your post above. It's really more than FSU can flat smash the ball. Tyler vs. Arizona is a good example of a team smacking him around unmercifully. That's not happening here... if we're playing a typical Pac-10 team, Anderson is cruising with only one or two ER to his name. Alas, this is the postseason.
Thanks for whatever reason that is the impression I got with what little information I had (it's not like FSU had 15 hits or anything). Regardless, I think Oregon will need more than a run from this moment on to make any more noise in this regional or beyond. Beyond seems really optimistic seeing as how this game is going.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

BillM wrote:UConn scored 25 runs today. I don't think Anderson has been as good this past month as he was in April. Their pitcher has been better than they thought he was going to be. Sloppy play is not what we needed . . . FSU didn't need the help. Misjudging the ball and losing it in left field to score two runs was a killer and the solo homers just added to the misery.
The poor defense and hitting (outside of Marder's HR) is just killing Oregon today. While I think this game is just about over, Oregon has to bounce back against UConn fast since UConn just pounded CCSU today.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

paduck wrote:
oregontrack wrote:
Thanks for whatever reason that is the impression I got with what little information I had (it's not like FSU had 15 hits or anything). Regardless, I think Oregon will need more than a run from this moment on to make any more noise in this regional or beyond. Beyond seems really optimistic seeing as how this game is going.
Oregon just doesn't have consistent hitting to keep up in higher scoring games against the top seeds in the Tournament. Oreogn will need time to develop players who are HR hitters, but with the way Horton likes to play, I don't think he'll ever have many big-time HR hitters.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

paduck wrote:
oregontrack wrote:
Yeah, it's going to be tough. LaTempa can beat UConn, but that means we're going to be throwing Kuedall at Florida State, and, should Kuedall win that, then we'd need some mixture of Joey Housey/Madison Boer/Christian Jones to beat them again. Not exactly ideal.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

greenyellow wrote:
paduck wrote:
oregontrack wrote:
Oregon just doesn't have consistent hitting to keep up in higher scoring games against the top seeds in the Tournament. Oreogn will need time to develop players who are HR hitters, but with the way Horton likes to play, I don't think he'll ever have many big-time HR hitters.
Nah, he had plenty of big boppers at Fullerton. He just hasn't been able to get one here yet.
BillM
Two Star Recruit

Post by BillM »

We've gotten the same number of hits, but they have 6 runs to show for it and we have 1. Not good.

I am so glad we won yesterday, but we really aren't playing as well as we did in April. We were about .500 in May and were struggling at times to score runs. Swept by the beavs and almost by Cal (who was eliminated today) . . . good thing ETSU came along when it did. I don't know if our young guys are tired or burned out or . . . but we don't seem to have it all working right now.

Tough day for Ducks with the Golf Team and now Baseball Team struggling.
cordy02c
Senior

Post by cordy02c »

it's 6-2 now as rodriguez gets a rbi single still 2 on one out
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

6-3... way to be, Karakker.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

6-4!