Catron Granted extra year

Moderators: greenyellow, Autzenoise, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Re: Catron Granted extra year

Post by oregontrack »

I don't have any stats in front of me so I'm admitting up front that I might be wrong, but didn't Catron finish in the top 10 in rebounding (in the Pac-10) his sophomore and junior years? I've always thought of him as a good rebounder for his position, even with his height.
ImageImageImageImageImage
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

oregontrack wrote:I don't have any stats in front of me so I'm admitting up front that I might be wrong, but didn't Catron finish in the top 10 in rebounding (in the Pac-10) his sophomore and junior years? I've always thought of him as a good rebounder for his position, even with his height.
Just looked at 2008-9, Catron led the team in offensive and defensive rebounds, steals, and, to my surprise, had the highest average of assists per game. He ranked 7th in the Pac-10 in rebounds.

On the other hand he was also near the top in turnovers and fouls.
ducksrock
Senior

Post by ducksrock »

greenyellow wrote:
ducksrock wrote:
greenyellow wrote:Luke Jackson's 40-point game against Colorado is still the #1 performance by an Oregon player ever. I was at that game and you could just see that Colorado was throwing everything they had at him to stop him and just couldn't. Never seen such a dominant performance before or since in my life.

"Ever"....? ....that's a pretty strong word.
To score 29 straight points and bring a team back from 18 to win a game is hard not to consider as the top single-game performance ever.

Possibly one of the best, if not the best offensive "come back" efforts by a Duck player.....Luke was a gr8 player, no doubt about it and will be known for his efforts for many years to come...but, keep in mind, this example was against Colorado...Hardly a winning effort comparison with some notable opponents such as UCLA in the early-mid 70's..Too bad he didnt average those figures, including against the difficult opponents....Now, that would have been phenomenal....