Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Oregon OSAA Basketball Playoffs

Post by oregontrack »

Any prep fans here?

You can find all the brackets here:

http://w3.osaa.org/scorecenter/bbx/10-1 ... details/6A

I graduated from Thurston, so I guess I root for the MWL. There's only 3 6A MWL schools, two of them (Thurston/Sheldon) got into the final 32-team tournament. If Thurston beats South Salem tonight they play Austin Kuemper's Westview team in the second round. Fun.

Jesuit's the easy favorite to three-peat in 6A. In 5A, I dunno. Bend or Corvallis, probably.
ImageImageImageImageImage
greenyellow

Re: Oregon OSAA Basketball Playoffs

Post by greenyellow »

oregontrack wrote:Any prep fans here?

You can find all the brackets here:

http://w3.osaa.org/scorecenter/bbx/10-1 ... details/6A

I graduated from Thurston, so I guess I root for the MWL. There's only 3 6A MWL schools, two of them (Thurston/Sheldon) got into the final 32-team tournament. If Thurston beats South Salem tonight they play Austin Kuemper's Westview team in the second round. Fun.

Jesuit's the easy favorite to three-peat in 6A. In 5A, I dunno. Bend or Corvallis, probably.
When isn't Jesuit a favorite in 6A? They always seem to be good.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Point well taken. It's true, Jesuit's always good in everything. It's kind of a down year in Oregon's upper classifications, Jesuit lost Stephen Holt to graduation and they're still 21-2, one of those losses to a nationally ranked team in the LSI; and the other, a 4 point loss to a good Aloha team when Kyle Wiltjer didn't play.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Go Westview and Sunset! I played baseball at Sunset, and I grew up in the Westview district, so I basically root for both schools.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
gregspechtismyhero
Freshman

Post by gregspechtismyhero »

Witness the 3-peat. Go Jesuit.
In Helfrich, Frost, and Allioti we trust
Image (USA Today Sports)
AIM: hockeygoalie923
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

Well at this point I still have 2 teams in the hunt, North and South. When I went there was just a single school. ;)
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Every 6A favorite won yesterday, save #6 West Linn upsetting #3 David Douglas. Round of 16:

#4 Sunset @ #1 Jesuit
#3 North Salem @ #2 Roseburg

#3 Clackamas @ #2 Central Catholic
#4 Sheldon @ #1 Lincoln

#4 Barlow @ #1 North Medford
#6 West Linn @ #2 Lake Oswego

#3 Thurston @ #2 Westview
#4 Grant @ #1 South Medford

Winners go to Portland for the quarterfinals.
oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

Again only one upset in the Round of 16, West Linn tripping to Lake Oswego and driving back home with a win. Quarterfinals:

Jesuit vs. Roseburg
Lincoln vs. Central Catholic
North Medford vs. West Linn
Westview vs. South Medford

Basically, it's Portland vs. Southern Oregon. Salem and Eugene schools need not apply, I guess.
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

Yep, my 2 teams are still in it. :D
Probae esti in segetem sunt deteriorem datae fruges, tamen ipsae suaptae enitent
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

West Linn is making a great run. Westview looked strong against Thurston, but Meddy will be tough.

oregontrack
All Pac-12

Post by oregontrack »

South Medford has absolutely no height, but they have a really great team regardless. Fast as hell, great on-ball defenders, excellent shooters.
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

Gotta hold it down for my Rams. BEAT LINCOLN! I really want Holy War version 3.0 in the semifinals. Scarlett caused hell in the middle against Jesuit (they don't have anyone who is even remotely comparable to Scarlett when it comes to size) the 2nd time and it was only his 2nd game back after recovering from his collarbone injury which, ironically, came at the hands of Jesuit. Gotta get past Lincoln though as Jesuit needs to get past Roseburg too. Adelman's got coaching in his blood and he'll likely pull all the stops. The Adelmans went to both grade school and high school with my cousins back in the day and a girl in my grade school class is David's cousin as well, so it really hits home for me. Besides, me and my Jesuit alum of a cousin have been bantering back and forth about the potential of this Holy War. God I love HS playoffs!

My other teams left quite early though...the MHC reps dropped quickly as did Tigard.
L Perry
Four Star Recruit

Post by L Perry »

UOducksTK1 wrote:West Linn is making a great run. Westview looked strong against Thurston, but Meddy will be tough.
Yeah, I think both North and South can hold their own! We got the 2 late games tonight, oh well. :D
goducks75
Four Star Recruit

Post by goducks75 »

L Perry wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:West Linn is making a great run. Westview looked strong against Thurston, but Meddy will be tough.
Yeah, I think both North and South can hold their own! We got the 2 late games tonight, oh well. :D
I'm predicting the Catholics in one semi and the Medfords in the other. I don't have a good feeling about West Linn or Roseburg but I do feel Westview and Lincoln will make things interesting for South Medford and CC, respectively. CC hasn't lost to anyone in the state outside of Jesuit but the MHC isn't exactly a basketball juggernaut.... Or a juggernaut for anything really outside of volleyball.... As for Westview, it's more of a gut feeling for me, but with that said I really don't know since the landscape of every sport has seemingly changed drastically since I graduated back in 2007 (biggest shocker to me was Aloha winning state in football.....WTF? I played them back in the day when I played Tigard Youth and they were always garbage, but they've clearly gotten WAY better since then)....
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

My predictions:
Jesuit vs Central Catholic
Westview vs North Medford

Meddy and Jesuit in the finals.