Hot take: Oregon's most exceptional athlete this year (2021)

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

GrandpaDuck
Senior

Hot take: Oregon's most exceptional athlete this year (2021)

Post by GrandpaDuck »

The human highlight reel Brooke Nuneviller. Oregon Women's Volleyball

Freak athlete. Ferocious competitor. Appears to be a great teammate. She could be an All-American Libero, but one of the other most talented players on the team is a Libero who can play nothing else so Brooke plays outside hitter despite being only 5'11".

She spends half the match battling 6'3" - 6'6" hitters and blockers at the at net. She has to use skill, finesse, savvy mixed with leaping ability and surprising power to regularly take on a pair of opponents that tower over her. I thought she had good hops last year but this year I noticed a big difference and sure enough the announcers said she added 4 inches to her vertical leap in the offseason, how does one do that?

The real fun for me though is when she rotates to the back row. Diving digs to save shots that look like they were launched out of a rocket. solid passing, serving and scramble plays. She is a terrific backrow hitter where she gets a chance to run and fly at the ball.

I'm not sure if anyone but me watches Volleyball here because it seldom gets posted about on the board. Even if you don't watch VB much, take a few minutes to catch them sometime. It wont take you long to pick out Brooks as the camera is on her for about half the telecast during and between game play.
panamaslim
Two Star Recruit

Re: Hot take: Oregon's most exceptional athlete this year (2

Post by panamaslim »

Thanks for the post. Not knowing that much about volleyball, I was wondering why she never seems to leave the floor, while the others rotate in and out. She is amazing, and I see where she is just a junior!
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

I love it when the best athletes on the floor wear green!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!