When do the riots/looting start over this?

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: When do the riots/looting start over this?

Post by dd10snoop28 »

DELETE
Last edited by dd10snoop28 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Wanted to share this video of someone who did a lot for the black community. IMO, true "BLM" are people like this heroic women in the link I am attaching (see 1hr 10min mark in this video):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vrw416MnJ8

Hero. Nowadays, the entire world is looking at mitigating the symptoms rather than the root causes up why crime/poverty/fatherlesseness is so high in the black community. By focusing on the symptoms, you end up only amplifying the causes.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
ElPatoLoco wrote:Justice served. 9 minutes on a man’s neck is 9 minutes too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's been hard to know who to root for here, with tone deaf, accountability-free police on one side and left-wing politicians stirring up riots on the other, but I agree - no policeman should ever do that again, and even if the verdict doesn't stand (there are rumors of the defense pursuing a mistrial over stupid politician's comments) hopefully Chauvin and others have the fear of God put into them over this.
This has ZERO to do with policemen acting poorly or the need for police reform.

It has everything to do with creating a false movement of racial violence of police against black people.

There is ZERO evidence in Chauvin's history that race played any factor in his conduct.

The media/left/democrats caused the rioting in the streets this summer. The media/left/democrats caused the deaths of 35+ people as a direct cause of riots this summer. The media/left/democrats caused the unparalleled rise in murder rates in cities where rioting took place - specifically in black communities. The media/left/democrats caused the destruction of 1000's of businesses from rioting this summer, and hundreds of millions of dollars of damage.

If you care about justice and George Floyd, you should care about the media/left/democrats purposefully causing the lives of thousands of people to be forever altered because they couldn't resist the temptation to push for racial divide where there is no evidence to prove that race was a factor between Chauvin/Floyd in order to obtain greater power.
You say that nothing in Chauvins history shows racism, that is totally false. He has 18 complaints against him with a majority of them from POC. He has had 8 excessive force complaints against him. Of those eight six were black or Hispanic the other two the race was not in the report. One was a black female that he rested his knee on her neck.
You say this is all fomented by the main stream media trying to create a divide. But in a later post you say you get your information from mainstream media sources!
I asked an honest question on what the media was saying that wasn’t true about the trial, and what you saw that you thought Chauvin should walk if it wasn’t for a juries fear of rioting.
It’s interesting that you get Fox News/Republican talking points from mainstream sources. Maybe you could try Axios,Reuters, BBC or many other center to center left news sources.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
ElPatoLoco wrote:Justice served. 9 minutes on a man’s neck is 9 minutes too long.

It's been hard to know who to root for here, with tone deaf, accountability-free police on one side and left-wing politicians stirring up riots on the other, but I agree - no policeman should ever do that again, and even if the verdict doesn't stand (there are rumors of the defense pursuing a mistrial over stupid politician's comments) hopefully Chauvin and others have the fear of God put into them over this.

It has everything to do with creating a false movement of racial violence of police against black people.

There is ZERO evidence in Chauvin's history that race played any factor in his conduct.

The media/left/democrats caused the rioting in the streets this summer. The media/left/democrats caused the deaths of 35+ people as a direct cause of riots this summer. The media/left/democrats caused the unparalleled rise in murder rates in cities where rioting took place - specifically in black communities. The media/left/democrats caused the destruction of 1000's of businesses from rioting this summer, and hundreds of millions of dollars of damage.

If you care about justice and George Floyd, you should care about the media/left/democrats purposefully causing the lives of thousands of people to be forever altered because they couldn't resist the temptation to push for racial divide where there is no evidence to prove that race was a factor between Chauvin/Floyd in order to obtain greater power.
You say that nothing in Chauvins history shows racism, that is totally false. He has 18 complaints against him with a majority of them from POC. He has had 8 excessive force complaints against him. Of those eight six were black or Hispanic the other two the race was not in the report. One was a black female that he rested his knee on her neck.

He had exactly 1 reprimand for excessive force. Guess the race of the woman that he used excessive force against? A white woman. Additionally, he was so racist against "POC's" that he was married to an asian woman.

https://www.startribune.com/those-who-k ... 572054552/
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

He had exactly 1 reprimand for excessive force. Guess the race of the woman that he used excessive force against? A white woman. Additionally, he was so racist against "POC's" that he was married to an asian woman.

I don’t think your post enhances your argument.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

And yours do? This is such a typical comment in a political debate, just dismiss the other person, refuse to listen and acknowledge what they say. Reactions/comments like this are why we're divided.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

Alright, so tell me more. If you are making the assertion that this was race-related, and that assertion has caused nationwide consternation, riots, and violence, I think it would be good to be specific about how this was race-motivated.

18 complaints with the majority of them being "POC's" is a poor argument that someone is RACIST.

Firstly, in order to test your hypothesis that he is racist, you'd need to narrow "who" he is racist against. Once you do that here are some questions you should be asking:

1/ what were the complaints about? are they valid?
2/ did any of the complainants allege discrimination? were the claims valid?
3/ what are the demographics of the places that Chauvin policed in during his career?
4/ how much % of crimes/interactions do the demographics that he is "racist" against commit in the areas that he policed? is this in proportion with the legitimate claims that were made (see Q #3)
5/ what did his fellow police officers say about him (probably the most important)?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I have no interest in looking back through this thread or explaining (again) what racism is, but seriously, why is anyone still defending Chauvin? He murdered George Floyd. A jury of American citizens (chosen by both sides) viewed all the evidence and unanimously came to that conclusion -- and pretty quickly, too.

Also, I believe all four cops are now being indicted for violating Floyd's constitutional rights.

Defending Chauvin -- a convicted murderer -- isn't a good look for anyone. At this point, it doesn't even matter if he isn't actually racist. He's a murderer. That's enough. Move on.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:I have no interest in looking back through this thread or explaining (again) what racism is, but seriously, why is anyone still defending Chauvin? He murdered George Floyd. A jury of American citizens (chosen by both sides) viewed all the evidence and unanimously came to that conclusion -- and pretty quickly, too.

Also, I believe all four cops are now being indicted for violating Floyd's constitutional rights.

Defending Chauvin -- a convicted murderer -- isn't a good look for anyone. At this point, it doesn't even matter if he isn't actually racist. He's a murderer. That's enough. Move on.
Because justice is more important than the court of public opinion. Mob justice is not constitutional justice.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

pezsez1 wrote:I have no interest in looking back through this thread or explaining (again) what racism is, but seriously, why is anyone still defending Chauvin? He murdered George Floyd. A jury of American citizens (chosen by both sides) viewed all the evidence and unanimously came to that conclusion -- and pretty quickly, too.

Nobody is defending him, rather the debate is if the excess force used on Floyd was a result of racism or not, good chance it was, but nobody will ever know for sure unless Floyd were to admit. I don't think it's accurate to accuse anyone in this thread of defending him or his actions.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

https://lawandcrime.com/exclusive/an-ob ... w-accuser/
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Is this supposed to support the idea he wasn't racist? I wouldn't defend anything about this guy, this guy is a complete POS for how he treated people as an officer and the deadly and unnecessary force he used. To me personally, whether he is racist or not doesn't matter (if I were a betting man I'd say he was but no way to know for sure) because we clearly can see between the Floyd situation and others how horrible of a person he is. As an isolated crime against humanity with the unfortunate Floyd situation Chauvin may not be completely guilty of murder but he clearly deserves the punishment he got.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Bad policing happens all the time. The narrative regarding Floyd wasn't about bad policing. It wasn't about whether Chauvin was a good or bad police officer.

Floyd's death was glorified due to the alleged racism. The fallout of this false narrative has caused more damage to society than can be counted.

There is nothing to suggest that what Chauvin did was racially motivated.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Great new documentary out on the fall of Minneapolis in 2020. A must-watch.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

The serial criminal thug Floyd died of a drug overdose. NOTHING ELSE. The police officer was racially railroaded! WTFU!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine