Florida resident indicted by NY DA

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

jBeavertonduck
Two Star Recruit

Re: Florida resident indicted by NY DA

Post by jBeavertonduck »

pezsez1 wrote:"As president, I could have declassified, but now I can’t." - Idiot Florida man. :lol:

Seriously, I hope you folks eventually realize that you don't need Donald Trump. Ron DeSantis is basically the same guy but smarter, more effective at getting things done, NOT breaking the law, etc. Tear off that bandaid, take a hot shower and move on.
Your assumption that DeSantis is the same guy as Trump is completely inaccurate. Trump was a businessman for the majority of his career, concerned with making his business interests profitable and efficient. Regardless of what you think of him as a person, most people would not deny his success. DeSantis has not worked in the private sector, and therefore has no experience in anything other than government.

Regarding your opinion that he is smarter and more effective at getting things done, I would suggest that you do a little more research and understand what it is that you are talking about.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Your assumption that DeSantis is the same guy as Trump is completely inaccurate. Trump was a businessman for the majority of his career, concerned with making his business interests profitable and efficient. Regardless of what you think of him as a person, most people would not deny his success. DeSantis has not worked in the private sector, and therefore has no experience in anything other than government.
Trump is the perfect example of how any schmuck with enough cash to surround himself with intelligent people can eventually turn big money into more money. Let's stop pretending he's the smartest guy in the room. In fact, let's stop pretending he belongs in the same room as smart people. I don't even get how you can cling to this narrative that he's this ultra-savvy businessman when we literally have decades of observational evidence to the contrary.

Also -- using your own logic above -- perhaps it's also time to admit that time spent in business does not necessarily make one fit for public office. Sure, it helps to be in touch with regular people, but since when were the wealthy elite ever really in touch with reality?

I'm not going to sit here and white knight Ron DeSantis (I dislike pretty much all of his policies) but he is clearly more fit for government office. And, yes, maybe -- just maybe -- it's because he has more experience in government office? Gasp, what a terrible thing!

You people just need to unhook from Trump and move on. He's a dumpster fire. And if you read the recently unsealed 38 federal counts against him (and he was indicted by a grand jury of 20 Floridians), you'll see (again) that he's almost certainly a criminal. You don't need to fanboi that.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Do you care about equal administration of the law? Justice being blind? No one being above or below the law?

If you did, you wouldn't be infatuated with "orange man bad". Rather, you would see clearly how justice has been perverted the past 7 years to a level that is irreversible, and how the most powerful levers in the federal government have been utilized to target a specific person. If those powers can destroy a president based off of made-up/false accusations because they don't like him, what stops them from doing this to anyone else?

It has nothing to do with whether you love or absolutely despise a person. It has nothing to do with them being a genius are a doofus.

The powers that-be have broken all rules, laws, precedents etc... in order to target a specific individual.

If people really think an orange man wields any power to do any good (or bad) in this country, you are not well informed:
-His own administration unlawfully spied/surveilled (Carter page FISA) on him and then investigated him for 4 years (Mueller) under false pretenses (Steele dossier).
-His own administration (FBI) entrapped and lied about his own cabinet-member (Flynn) and he fired him under this false pretense.
-His own diplomats created a false narrative about Ukraine to cover the actual crimes of a previous president's illegal actions, which led to an impeachment.
-His own administration (DOJ/FBI) slow-walked the investigations of potential political opponents (Biden) without his knowledge (as opposed to the current administration) and withheld information that would've demonstrated the impeachment as being initiated under a false pretense.
-His own administration (CIA/DOD) helped to create, disseminate, and perpetuate a dossier connecting himself with Russia, which was fabricated by his main political opponent (Clinton).
-His own administration willfully withheld and lied about information and sources that would have revealed the dossier as not having any basis in truth.
-His own administration (CISA/FBI) worked directly with large tech companies to censor/shut-down influential accounts that didn't fit narratives in opposition to the president, leading up to the election.
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

nogerO wrote:Leaders who had their opponents arrested:

Stalin
Hitler
Mao
Biden

Recurring theme here?
At the end the trial, when all is said and done I’d like to revisit this comment. Away from the pundits and prognosticators…zero in on the trial where there’s no hoopla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

ElPatoLoco wrote:
nogerO wrote:Leaders who had their opponents arrested:

Stalin
Hitler
Mao
Biden

Recurring theme here?
At the end the trial, when all is said and done I’d like to revisit this comment. Away from the pundits and prognosticators…zero in on the trial where there’s no hoopla.

Selective prosecution is not justice. Biden/Hillary should have been charged in 2017 for far more nefarious activities in their roles where they had no declassification authority.

Also, I think the 2nd post on this thread is you laughing at the notion that the NY indictment was a perversion of justice so are you really interested in evaluating the facts away from what the pundits say? Doesn't seem so.
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

Well he’s still on the hook to be indicted 2 more times. It’s gonna be a marathon not a sprint.

I can’t get bogged down in the lead up and all the emotion coming from fox news and cnn.

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I'm not here to debate BS whataboutisms.

All I'm saying here is you folks can do so much better than Donald Trump. He's a dumpster fire. He was an overall terrible president whose legacy will be making people hate each other (and also vaccines) while grifting the **** out of his fans.

He's been impeached twice (for good reason), indicted twice (for good reason), and could be indicted at least one more time (for good reason), and a jury concluded that he sexually assaulted a woman. This isn't because of some globalist marxist conspiracy, it's because he's an idiot and he most likely broke laws (with a brazen intent to do so, because he thinks laws shouldn't apply to him).

I mean, for reals. Can you folks see how you look right now? Kick him to the curb and come back into the light. I feel like anyone still clinging to him needs some kind of intervention.

I ****ing hate Ron DeSantis, but I'd be so weirdly happy to see republicans come to their senses and line up behind him or someone else. This cultish Donald Trump ridiculousness needs to end.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I'm not here to debate BS whataboutisms.
The topic at hand is equal administration of the law. The word you used is just an attempt to ignore the fact that the person from FL has obviously not been treated equally under the law.
All I'm saying here is you folks can do so much better than Donald Trump. He's a dumpster fire. He was an overall terrible president whose legacy will be making people hate each other (and also vaccines) while grifting the **** out of his fans.
People started to hate each other when they listened to the news perpetuate false narrative after another to cause more divide. If more people were critical of the motivations of the media at-large, we'd be a million times better off. It's the media that has created a "race" issue in the past 10 years (based off false pretenses and no data to support), and it was the media that told you that unvaccinated are a menace to society, even to the point that some people on this board thought it better that the unvaccinated die than be given life-saving emergency care.

The former president is just the means to an end for the media.

Also, you say he "caused people to hate each other over vaccines". Again, you must be deriving all of your information from the media that paints everything as either blue or red.... the truth is that the former president was - and still is - also a strong proponent of the antibody therapy treatment, and used all of the powers of the Oval Office to accelerate the approval and dissemination of the therapeutics. So again, this is another falsehood. The only reason there was hatred over the "vaccines" was because people like you listened to their leaders and media telling them to despise the "unvaccinated". Here's why people like you acted like they did:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpuo4IYG0uA
He's been impeached twice (for good reason)
Saying things don't make them true. You either have not taken the time to discover the facts or are relying on your information from mainstream media. They impeached the former president over the Ukraine deal for doing what the derelict DOJ/FBI failed to do by ignoring the previous crimes committed by the previous VP, who unlawfully threatened funds from Ukraine to have them shut-down an investigation into a Ukrainian energy firm that was paying the VP's family millions of $. It's the same thing that happened with the Russian collusion hoax. The former Secretary of State initiated the hoax, and instead of investigating the former secretary, the intelligence community willingly - and with intent - investigated the person that the lies were made about (former president).

Now, you can either ignore this information or just point to your detest of Trump as why the aforementioned actions were justified, but there is more than enough documents/evidence to support these claims with 100% certainty. Do you care?

No.

To come to the light is to come to the truth. Ignoring the truth is to remain in the dark.
Last edited by dd10snoop28 on Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:I'm not here to debate BS whataboutisms.

He's been impeached twice (for good reason), indicted twice (for good reason), and could be indicted at least one more time (for good reason), and a jury concluded that he sexually assaulted a woman. This isn't because of some globalist marxist conspiracy, it's because he's an idiot and he most likely broke laws (with a brazen intent to do so, because he thinks laws shouldn't apply to him).

I mean, for reals. Can you folks see how you look right now? Kick him to the curb and come back into the light. I feel like anyone still clinging to him needs some kind of intervention.
I ****ing hate Ron DeSantis, but I'd be so weirdly happy to see republicans come to their senses and line up behind him or someone else. This cultish Donald Trump ridiculousness needs to end.
In one post you blame the former president for causing "people to hate each other" and here you are saying that you "F'ing HATE Ron DeSantis".

Was it the former president that forced you to hate the current candidate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpuo4IYG0uA
Last edited by dd10snoop28 on Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

ElPatoLoco wrote:Well he’s still on the hook to be indicted 2 more times. It’s gonna be a marathon not a sprint.

I can’t get bogged down in the lead up and all the emotion coming from fox news and cnn.

Selective prosecution is not justice. You don't need any additional facts to come to that conclusion.
ElPatoLoco
One Star Recruit

Post by ElPatoLoco »

I have to differ with you. From reading the indictment I don’t feel like it was selective because what he allegedly did was so egregious and reckless.

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

ElPatoLoco wrote:I have to differ with you. From reading the indictment I don’t feel like it was selective because what he allegedly did was so egregious and reckless.

Difference in speed of investigation + charges brought forth:
-FBI has had documents from a long-time source alleging a bribery scheme paying the current president $10m to enact policy changes in Ukraine that would benefit his family. The investigation has been "open" for 5 years; no special counsel appointed. Compare this with a 12-month investigation and a special counsel being appointed immediately.
-Former secretary of state knowingly deleted 31,000 emails, destroyed personal server, and lied to investigators dozens of times. The FBI acklowledged that she was negligent and that she had the expertise to know she was committing a crime. No charges. Compare with this case.
-The NARA pursued missing classified documents of the former president within only months of leaving office. On the contrary, Biden had held classified documents since 2016 and NARA never attempted to recoup those classified documents.
-there have been probably over 1000 "leaks" from intelligence community to the media in regards to the former president (in this case along there have been over 2 dozen leaks). Not one of these leaks have been investigated. Compare this to a random person who discovered the diary of the current president's daughter and leaked it to the media and was then convicted for 2 years in prison just last year. Additionally, I haven't noticed one "leak" that has come out of the special counsel's investigation into the current president's mishandling of classified documents.
-2800 subpoena's and 500 search warrants were issued by Mueller to investigate false claims of the former president colluding with the Russians. Only 190 subpoenas and 7 search warrants issued by Durham to investigate why the Mueller investigation was started in the first place, and will malpractice by DOJ/FBI/DOD/CIA.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Some truth, but extremely naive to ignore that he was under constant threat of retaliation/impeachment by permanent DC for not adhering to the will of the administrative state. If he was impeached and under 3-year investigation for barely making a dent in fixing Washington, imagine what they would have done if he actually did what he promised during the campaign.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Was it the former president that forced you to hate the current candidate?
I guess "hating" Ron DeSantis isn't the right description. I don't know nearly enough about the guy to dislike him that much. I strongly dislike his policies and I think his "war on woke" is completely absurd. I also really don't like his authoritarian tactics regarding punishing/demoting not only his political allies, but anyone who seems to even disagree with him.

That said, taking a few pages from the authoritarian playbook does not make one an authoritarian. I saw Trump's attack on democracy coming from miles away. With DeSantis, though, I don't see even remotely the same thing. DeSantis is more of a Mitch McConnell than a Donald Trump in that he'll flex as much power as possible within the confines of the constitution without trying to destroy it. I also can't see DeSantis doing crazy things like trying to blackmail other world leaders, appoint quack scientists to key US medical positions, bend over for Putin, repeatedly throw our intel/law enforcement under the bus, have protesters beaten for personal photo opps, etc.

DeSantis would definitely piss people off from time to time, but a presidency under him would be much more normal and without any fear that he'd try to overthrow the next election to unlawfully remain in power.

I'd happily live with that. The fact I have this perspective now is a weird silver lining of the Trump presidency. (Sadly, not enough liberals have learned this lesson, but some of us definitely have... similar to how just enough republicans have probably seen enough from Trump to not support him next year.)