I'm so over the NFL

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

I'm so over the NFL

Post by nogerO »

what with the BS on the field as well as before the games I only watched it when the Packers were on. I turned on the Oakland/Kansas City game and in the space of about 10 minutes it was crystal clear why people are turning it off. It's turned into thugball. Disgusting.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Re: I'm so over the NFL

Post by Groundswell »

nogerO wrote:what with the BS on the field as well as before the games I only watched it when the Packers were on. I turned on the Oakland/Kansas City game and in the space of about 10 minutes it was crystal clear why people are turning it off. It's turned into thugball. Disgusting.
Huh?
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

Ah. I don't watch much NFL. I turned over and caught the end of the game and it was crazy exciting. Is M. Lynch the first player in NFL history to push a ref?
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

This is the least NFL I've ever watched, and now with Rodgers out for they year, yeah I'm really only following my fantasy football team lol.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

I don't think I've watched many NFL games from start to finish this season. About the only ones I can think of are a couple Titans games. Any other game I may have watched was mainly for background noise in the house. I'm finding the NFL to be a really boring product while college football peaks my interest more.
Thurston
Two Star Recruit

Post by Thurston »

The NFL is the same as it ever was. College football has always been more entertaining.
Groundswell
Four Star Recruit

Post by Groundswell »

The NFL is a terrible product. I have no idea why people watch it to the extent they do. Why is it the king of sport? It's been awful for years. It even finds a way to make Marcus kind of boring to watch in comparison to his college years. I'd rather watch regular season baseball.

BTW, not to get political, but I'm fine with all the protesting, so that has nothing to do with my opinion.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

nogerO wrote:what with the BS on the field as well as before the games I only watched it when the Packers were on. I turned on the Oakland/Kansas City game and in the space of about 10 minutes it was crystal clear why people are turning it off. It's turned into thugball. Disgusting.
Racist. Straight up.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:
Racist. Straight up.
Can you point to the example of racism or is it merely all implied?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Thugball?
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

I will watch Marcus play if i get the chance. After that i really get tired of watching pro sports
of any kind. I do watch mlb the most of all of them followed by hockey. College sports now
thats a different story. Just so tired of the overpaid whiners that you have in pro sports. NBA
is the worst.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phenom wrote:Thugball?
So why does that imply racism? People seem to have zero respect for one another these days and this need to start labeling others like that serves no purpose.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Phenom wrote:Thugball?
Aren't thugs all colors and races? Or are you trying to attach labels to certain races/groups?

BTW moving this to off-topic cuz it's gonna get political and not really about sports. :mrgreen:

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

When I first saw this original post I was going to post a PSA, about the term "Thug".

The warning is this. The term "Thug" is now widely being used as the PC substitute of the N-word and other derogatives for POC by some people posting on moderated social media. Use it if you want, but do so now knowing some people will give you a wink and others will be offended on the assumption that you're using that meaning of the word.