Thread starter ability to ban other posters question

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Thread starter ability to ban other posters question

Post by Alan »

I belong to three message boards I visit daily, this one included, and a couple more I lurk from time to time. On another message board the moderator posted a question to members this morning I have never seen or considered but I found it interesting and intriguing....... if for no other reason an experiment on human behavior. The mod on the other board asked if it would be something members would like if they started a new thread they would have the ability to ban other members from that one thread, trouble makers and trolls, in short They would be the moderator of their own thread. I could see it causing some problems but It may have some surprising results. I have no idea if it is possible on this board but I assume it is on the other board since the question was asked and posted by the mod. I would be interested in your thoughts, that includes TK and GW of course.
Duck07
All-American

Re: Thread starter ability to ban other posters question

Post by Duck07 »

I don't think that outside of making everyone who wants their own thread to be "moderator" status, it would end up being a lot of work for each Mod to do the "banning/removing" you're talking about. I certainly don't mind the idea of it as an experiment.