When do the riots/looting start over this?

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Phalanx
Senior

Re: When do the riots/looting start over this?

Post by Phalanx »

ElPatoLoco wrote:Justice served. 9 minutes on a man’s neck is 9 minutes too long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's been hard to know who to root for here, with tone deaf, accountability-free police on one side and left-wing politicians stirring up riots on the other, but I agree - no policeman should ever do that again, and even if the verdict doesn't stand (there are rumors of the defense pursuing a mistrial over stupid politician's comments) hopefully Chauvin and others have the fear of God put into them over this.
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Phalanx wrote:
ElPatoLoco wrote:Justice served. 9 minutes on a man’s neck is 9 minutes too long.

It's been hard to know who to root for here, with tone deaf, accountability-free police on one side and left-wing politicians stirring up riots on the other, but I agree - no policeman should ever do that again, and even if the verdict doesn't stand (there are rumors of the defense pursuing a mistrial over stupid politician's comments) hopefully Chauvin and others have the fear of God put into them over this.
Agreed on all points. Just hoping people understand sentencing is a process and don't start rioting in the next 8 weeks because they think it's taking too long, maybe the people trying to stir it up before the verdict will use those voices for good and try to inform people of the going's on and said process to help keep the peace and things moving in a positive direction.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:I’ve been watching the majority of trial in the background while working so I’m not I’ll informed.

Depending on which charge we are discussing, I think the defense has shown that there is not enough to convict.

Disagree on the expert witnesses. Won’t go into detail for brevity’s sake, but there have been flaws in the arguments of defense and use of witnesses outside their expertise in certain areas of questioning.

Long story short: media coverage has been 99% supporting the prosecution so that if there is an acquittal, they are guaranteeing for violence and rioting.

Additionally, media is highlighting police interactions with Minnesota in the last week? Obviously a move to put pressure to influence jury. They are literally driving through riots to get to the trial each day. Think that doesn’t influence your decision as a juror?
Looks like jury has been influenced by media coverage, political pressure, continuous rioting in the city of the jurors, and fear of retribution for decision to acquit. Can't say I blame them, however.

Justice will not be served today.

Those commenting on the ongoing litigation should be held responsible.
Unless the jurors broke the rules and listened to media reports or spoke to people about the trial, how were they being influenced to convict?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

duckduckgoose wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:I’ve been watching the majority of trial in the background while working so I’m not I’ll informed.

Depending on which charge we are discussing, I think the defense has shown that there is not enough to convict.

Disagree on the expert witnesses. Won’t go into detail for brevity’s sake, but there have been flaws in the arguments of defense and use of witnesses outside their expertise in certain areas of questioning.

Long story short: media coverage has been 99% supporting the prosecution so that if there is an acquittal, they are guaranteeing for violence and rioting.

Additionally, media is highlighting police interactions with Minnesota in the last week? Obviously a move to put pressure to influence jury. They are literally driving through riots to get to the trial each day. Think that doesn’t influence your decision as a juror?
Looks like jury has been influenced by media coverage, political pressure, continuous rioting in the city of the jurors, and fear of retribution for decision to acquit. Can't say I blame them, however.

Justice will not be served today.

Those commenting on the ongoing litigation should be held responsible.
Unless the jurors broke the rules and listened to media reports or spoke to people about the trial, how were they being influenced to convict?

-The jurors drive through a city each day on the way to the court that is being bombarded with fires/violence/rioting all day and all night.
-Meanwhile, "leaders" in that same city/state are stoking the fires of violence and division in the name of "justice".
-One of the key expert witnesses for the defense had his house defamed with a beheaded pig and blood poured all over his house.

If I care about my life, my home, or my hometown.... no way I choose anything else except conviction.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Phalanx wrote:

This has ZERO to do with policemen acting poorly or the need for police reform.

It has everything to do with creating a false movement of racial violence of police against black people.

There is ZERO evidence in Chauvin's history that race played any factor in his conduct.

The media/left/democrats caused the rioting in the streets this summer. The media/left/democrats caused the deaths of 35+ people as a direct cause of riots this summer. The media/left/democrats caused the unparalleled rise in murder rates in cities where rioting took place - specifically in black communities. The media/left/democrats caused the destruction of 1000's of businesses from rioting this summer, and hundreds of millions of dollars of damage.

If you care about justice and George Floyd, you should care about the media/left/democrats purposefully causing the lives of thousands of people to be forever altered because they couldn't resist the temptation to push for racial divide where there is no evidence to prove that race was a factor between Chauvin/Floyd in order to obtain greater power.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Sadly, folks on the left literally avoid even acknowledging that anything bad happened from their reactions this past year. As we saw with Maxine Waters etc. violence is still encouraged.

All the while, those same leaders call for the FBI to track down every last person who stormed the capital (which also sucked. Insanely poor reaction from conservatives).
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

The underlying theme of the complaints over this that I can see is this: Everything in Media (and how this redounds to the consumers of that media) is done in a manner to divide people because that's what sells. The last thing we need more of right now is division and yet that's what we continue to get because if we tried to unite we'd actually create some positive changes.

There are a massive number of wrongs that occur every single day locally, nationally and globally. My outrage meter over these things was overloaded a long time ago. The bigger, more important question I think we collectively face becomes how do we both insulate ourselves from engaging in drivel that doesn't accomplish anything and how do we work towards collective efforts to reduce these things we abhor. We can't go about calling everyone we disagree with racists or sexists etc because there's no common ground now from which to bring that person to your side of the argument.

Instead of De-Militarize the Police we got Defund the Police. One of those phrases seeks to rehabilitate our policing while the other seeks to eradicate it; one of those is beneficial to our communities, the other is not. Our Police as a Military Force only lags behind China and our own Military in the sheer amount of money allocated every year.

Its the same with Immigration - It's not a "people" problem but a "population" problem for we have too many poor people and no way of taking care of them in an adequate manner. Yet if you speak about it like a normal human being then you aren't dividing the population into a frenzy and people don't speak in such foolish ways about it.

Hell, the same week that VP Harris says one of the dirty parts out loud (the future wars will be fought over water) is the same week the Admin goes against the Dakota Access Pipe Line. Meanwhile, there are massive uncontained oil leaks both on ground and in the oceans of this country and nobody gives them the light of day because we all get upset together over these things and therefore they can't be used to divide us.

FRAT - Maybe in some messed up American way people can collectively come together over this awful death caused by a basic lack of decency and respect for both our fellow humans as well as the respect of the Rule of Law (which is what is supposed to keep society civil and largely has).
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

How can people collectively come together over Floyd's death when the entire movement/narrative pertaining to Floyd's death is based off a false presuppositional idea that was created for the sole purpose to divide?

The only solution would be for those who rode and pushed those false narratives to admit their guilt and change their ways.

Sadly, I have a feeling that the marxist creator of BLM doesn't feel too inclined to recant from the comforts of her multi-million dollar mansion while her brothers/sisters are fighting to battle poverty/fatherlessness/murder day in and day out.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ I agree. In actuality, I don't know a single person who thinks Chauvin wasn't at fault.

However, I don't know how you can say he was racist. He was just a stubborn cop who didn't want to listen to others and it cost a man his life.

The narratives that should have come from this.
1. Unity - Everyone agrees that George Floyd shouldn't have died (not rioting and looting nationwide)
2. Compliance - Had George Floyd not spent 15 minutes resisting, he would have slept on a concrete floor for a night and been back home the next day
3. Respect Police - They have an insanely difficult job. We need to respect them, not try and finger point
4. Qualified Immunity - While I'm a supporter of the Police, qualified immunity is too much in favor of police unions

Instead, what we got was tens of thousands in the streets for what is now literally a year, and we have political leaders encouraging it!?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:How can people collectively come together over Floyd's death when the entire movement/narrative pertaining to Floyd's death is based off a false presuppositional idea that was created for the sole purpose to divide?

The only solution would be for those who rode and pushed those false narratives to admit their guilt and change their ways.

Sadly, I have a feeling that the marxist creator of BLM doesn't feel too inclined to recant from the comforts of her multi-million dollar mansion while her brothers/sisters are fighting to battle poverty/fatherlessness/murder day in and day out.
In a lot of ways you just turn the other cheek and focus on doing something more productive. I don't need to hear those who pushed a false narrative admit their errors, I need to support and shine light on the people who are doing the positive things we need more of.

If you want someone to change what they believe you need to persuade them. The overwhelming majority of arguments that I see tend to lack that while those people who I find more agreeable are also those who don't go around calling people different levels of pejoratives to enhance their argument.

In this instance, I don't think criticizing that individual is as effective as organizing a group of people who go and build/repair dilapidated homes in our communities or feed people. The more we make that behavior popular the faster we'll see the kind of positive changes we all want, even with and for those who stoop to calling their opponents names at every chance they get.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

In a lot of ways you just turn the other cheek and focus on doing something more productive. I don't need to hear those who pushed a false narrative admit their errors, I need to support and shine light on the people who are doing the positive things we need more of.
It's not about you and it's not about me. You are missing the point. Keep in mind what I said is in direct response to "Maybe we....can collectively come together over this awful death caused by a basic lack of decency and respect for both our fellow humans as well as the respect of the Rule of Law".

My point is that this idea of "coming together" is simply not a realistic one because one side has purposefully crafted a narrative for the sole purpose of sowing divide regarding police/race. If the acknowledgement of this truth cannot be grasped by the groups of people you hope can "come together", then there is no hope for unity. My personal approach to false narratives has nothing to do with what I am responding to.
If you want someone to change what they believe you need to persuade them. The overwhelming majority of arguments that I see tend to lack that while those people who I find more agreeable are also those who don't go around calling people different levels of pejoratives to enhance their argument.
I'm not sure what this is in response to in my post, but respectfully... duh. Possibly you are referring to me calling the leader of BLM a marxist. Well, (1) that is not my main point, and (2) it is true.
In this instance, I don't think criticizing that individual is as effective as organizing a group of people who go and build/repair dilapidated homes in our communities or feed people. The more we make that behavior popular the faster we'll see the kind of positive changes we all want, even with and for those who stoop to calling their opponents names at every chance they get.
This is obviously not the substance of the point I am making, but rather showing the hypocrisy regarding the movement/narrative that has been used to sow divide. It is only a side point to supplement by argument that coming together is not possible.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
It's not about you and it's not about me. You are missing the point. Keep in mind what I said is in direct response to "Maybe we....can collectively come together over this awful death caused by a basic lack of decency and respect for both our fellow humans as well as the respect of the Rule of Law".

My point is that this idea of "coming together" is simply not a realistic one because one side has purposefully crafted a narrative for the sole purpose of sowing divide regarding police/race. If the acknowledgement of this truth cannot be grasped by the groups of people you hope can "come together", then there is no hope for unity. My personal approach to false narratives has nothing to do with what I am responding to.
I'm not sure what this is in response to in my post, but respectfully... duh. Possibly you are referring to me calling the leader of BLM a marxist. Well, (1) that is not my main point, and (2) it is true.
This is obviously not the substance of the point I am making, but rather showing the hypocrisy regarding the movement/narrative that has been used to sow divide. It is only a side point to supplement by argument that coming together is not possible.
You've now taken what was a discussion and turned it into an argument. Stop trying to find things to argue with people about and look for ways we can agree on things.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Whether it is an argument or discussion is not important.

This discussion has been narrowly focused on race/policing. Simply put: there is no common ground to be found when the commonly accepted narrative is not based in truth.
duckduckgoose
Five Star Recruit

Post by duckduckgoose »

dd10snoop28 wrote:Whether it is an argument or discussion is not important.

This discussion has been narrowly focused on race/policing. Simply put: there is no common ground to be found when the commonly accepted narrative is not based in truth.
I think it’s pretty funny how you spout Faux News talking points as you demonize the more moderate sources of media. I won’t try to convince you that Fox is the most divisive media company out there, I don’t see much point in that.

dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

duckduckgoose wrote:

I think it’s pretty funny how you spout Faux News talking points as you demonize the more moderate sources of media. I won’t try to convince you that Fox is the most divisive media company out there, I don’t see much point in that.

duckduckgoose wrote:

I don't think I've ever watched a Fox News show in my life. Maybe a clip here or there. But definitely the majority of my intake is from liberal media. However, that seems like more of a personal attack rather than a refutation of my post in a direct manner.

I'm guessing that NBA/ABC/CBS etc... are the "more moderate sources of media" that you speak of. Am I right in my presumption?