Autzen Stadium: Fans allowed in this year?

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Autzen Stadium: Fans allowed in this year?

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Oh boy. The ignorance in this post. "People throwing water bottles". I can't even comprehend how out of touch that statement is.
I'm well aware of my own hyperbole. My point is you can take any night of protests/riots in Portland from the entire summer and it wouldn't be even a fraction as bad as the attack on the Capitol building -- and yet you (and others) seem insistent on calling that a "protest."

Surely, you must be aware of your own bias in this situation.

Not going to touch anything else re: the officer's death. I showed you the most recent information and that's all that matters right now.
Here's how media works.
As a former journalist who actually covered crime, I can tell you with 100 percent confidence that your grasp of how the media works is completely wrong.

Journalists aren't psychics or fortune tellers. If investigators tell journalists someone died from a cause, then that's the cause journalists use in their stories -- while also being extremely careful to source the information and emphasize that it's under investigation.

Now, for real, that's all I'll say about this, because media conspiracies irritate me more than most other conspiracies.
If you don't think the vast majority of the mainstream media is owned by liberals and pushes overtly liberal narratives, then I don't think my statement is meant for you.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
I prefer "peaceful protest", if you don't mind.
I prefer "mostly peaceful protest."

But hey, way to dodge any personal accountability.
oh darn, you are right. "Mostly peaceful protest" is even a better way to describe it. I'm with you on that.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

If you don't think the vast majority of the mainstream media is owned by liberals and pushes overtly liberal narratives, then I don't think my statement is meant for you.
Let's come back to earth.

We are talking about the death of a police officer. Investigators believe he died as a result of being attacked during the Capitol insurrection.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/26/us/p ... ation.html

Do not dishonor this officer by involving him in a right-wing conspiracy theory.
Last edited by pezsez1 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

oh darn, you are right. "Mostly peaceful protest" is even a better way to describe it. I'm with you on that.
Yes, this applies best to the Portland protests. Thousands of people protesting peacefully until around midnight at which point a handful of people throw bottles or light garbage cans on fire.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:

We are talking about the death of a police officer. Investigators believe he died as a result of being attacked during the Capitol insurrection.
Been on earth the whole time. Feel free to join.

You are relying on the same paper- NYT - that also reported this:“[Pro]-Trump supporters … overpowered Mr. Sicknick, 42, and struck him in the head with a fire extinguisher, according to two law enforcement officials,”

I'll wait until more info comes out. The only fact we know is that he (1) was pepper sprayed and (2) said he was fine that same evening to his family, and (3) he was an ardent trump supporter.

Worst case: a man died from being pepper-sprayed. 4 Trump supporters were (I don't know all the details yet) likely murdered by Capitol Police officers for mostly peaceful protest.

Never seen an insurrection/coup that did absolutely nothing in regards to (1) establishing an insurrection, or (2) establishing a coup. They didn't even have much resistance. They could have done way more.
Last edited by dd10snoop28 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Yes, this applies best to the Portland protests. Thousands of people protesting peacefully until around midnight at which point a handful of people throw bottles or light garbage cans on fire.
No. I've been in going to school/working in downtown for 8 straight years. Please don't compare what happened that one day to what has happened since 2016 in downtown PDX. It is shameful to do so.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

January 6th - mostly peaceful protest

PDX the last 4 years - domestic terrorism

One thing you are right about: the police should have done more in both PDX/capitol.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:

An insurrection/coup that was so dangerous to Congress that they met in the SAME building on the SAME day to count the electoral votes.

Come back to earth, pez.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Something that is not being talked about regarding the Wuhan virus/vaccine/shutdown discussion is the beatdown that the constitution has taken the last 10 months. I think Justice Gorsuch's quotes sums it well:

"Even if the Constitution has taken a holiday during this pandemic, it CANNOT become a sabbatical" -Justice Gorsuch
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Snoop, you've finally done what even Phalanx couldn't do... you threw so much s*** against the wall that even I don't want to clean up after you.

See you in the football discussions.

EDIT: The Portland protests/riots/whatever... domestic terrorism??? :lol: :lol: :lol: Someone had better put PDX Dads and the Wall of Moms on the no-fly list. Oh man. The world must be a scary place for Phalanx and you. My son hasn't s*** his pants yet today so I guess you guys beat him to it.
Last edited by pezsez1 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:Snoop, you've finally done what even Phalanx couldn't do... you threw so much s*** against the wall that even I don't want to clean up after you.

Doing my best to debunk all of your Russian disinformation in one fell swoop. Good job, me.

*self five*
Last edited by dd10snoop28 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pezsez1 wrote:Snoop, you've finally done what even Phalanx couldn't do... you threw so much s*** against the wall that even I don't want to clean up after you.

Willie Taggart isn't the only one. Bye.