Autzen Stadium: Fans allowed in this year?

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Re: Autzen Stadium: Fans allowed in this year?

Post by dd10snoop28 »

The red herring is calling it an unarmed insurrection. Five people died, at least two officers were driven to suicide, and lawmakers were seconds away from possibly being killed by an angry mob. And, yes, people had all kinds of weapons including guns. The cops were too overwhelmed to search people, but several who've been arrested now face gun charges.

4 people died from the protest. All of them were Trump supporters. The one officer who was thought to have been beaten over the head by fire extinguisher (pushed by all main networks) during the protest turned out to be false. The networks have silently retracted. That officer - who was also a Trump supporter - texted his brother that evening saying he was fine physically. iT sounds like he passed away in subsequent days - from what we do not know. The facts are still unclear but looks more and more that the death was entirely unrelated to the protest.

Long story short: an armed insurrection that was staged to overthrow the government resulted in 4 deaths to the "insurrectionists" themselves and 0 deaths to the "targets" of the protest itself. Oh ya, one of the unarmed woman insurrectionists was shot in cold-blood by an officer. Let's call for riots across the country!!!!!

You have been fed a lie.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Let the record show I tried hard not to go here with this thread. :lol:
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

4 people died from the protest. All of them were Trump supporters. The one officer who was thought to have been beaten over the head by fire extinguisher (pushed by all main networks) during the protest turned out to be false. The networks have silently retracted. That officer - who was also a Trump supporter - texted his brother that evening saying he was fine physically. iT sounds like he passed away in subsequent days - from what we do not know. The facts are still unclear but looks more and more that the death was entirely unrelated to the protest.

Long story short: an armed insurrection that was staged to overthrow the government resulted in 4 deaths to the "insurrectionists" themselves and 0 deaths to the "targets" of the protest itself. Oh ya, one of the unarmed woman insurrectionists was shot in cold-blood by an officer. Let's call for riots across the country!!!!!

You have been fed a lie.
I'm not going to wade into conspiracies around Officer Brian Sicknick's death. I didn't say he was beaten by a fire extinguisher because that doesn't appear to be the case. But it's still believed he died from some kind of injury while battling with insurrectionists. The exact cause of his death remains under investigation.

Even if you take him out of the equation... four people died and two officers committed suicide in the days following the insurrection.

Why do you find it significant that all the insurrectionists who died were Trump supporters? Of course they were. These were Trump's people. This isn't grounds for any far-reaching conspiracy. Trump supporters invaded the Capitol and, as a result, some of them died. I don't see anything mysterious about that. I'd expect to be shot and killed if I invaded the Capitol.

And the woman who was shot was trying to break a door down so an angry mob could reach lawmakers. Seriously, am I the only one surprised that only ONE PERSON died in that group? I think the officers there showed incredible restraint.

Also, I love how a massive, angry mob invading the Capitol with the goal of stopping the lawful counting of our electoral votes is a "protest" but a small group of people throwing water bottles in Portland is a riot. :lol: Bless your little hearts.
Last edited by pezsez1 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pezsez1 wrote:
I'm not going to wade into conspiracies around Officer Brian Sicknick's death. I didn't say he was beaten by a fire extinguisher because that doesn't appear to be the case. But it's still believed he died from some kind of injury while battling with insurrectionists. The exact cause of his death remains under investigation.

Even if you take him out of the equation... four people died and two officers committed suicide in the days following the insurrection.

Why do you find it significant that all the insurrectionists who died were Trump supporters? Of course they were. These were Trump's people. This isn't grounds for any far-reaching conspiracy. Trump supporters invaded the Capitol and, as a result, some of them died. I don't see anything mysterious about that.

And the woman who was shot was trying to break a door down so an angry mob could reach lawmakers. Seriously, am I the only one surprised that only ONE PERSON died in that group? I think the officers there showed incredible restraint.

Also, I love how a massive, angry mob invading the Capitol with the goal of stopping the lawful counting of our electoral votes is a "protest" but a small group of people throwing water bottles in Portland is a riot. :lol:

This post is an exercise in almost total ignorance from beginning to end.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

This post is an exercise in almost total ignorance from beginning to end.
Phalanx, be specific so I can correct you.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

I'm just looking at the picture in your avatar and wondering which one I am talking to. In any case, you should probably jsut go back to sleep. You've done no actual research on this topic, and it's an attempt to hijack this thread anyway.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Also, no conspiracy theories or I'm out.

I love arguing. I love beating down falsehoods. But I'm not going to follow some right-wing weirdo into the weeds.
I'm just looking at the picture in your avatar and wondering which one I am talking to.
Funny, because my son was just crying and I was wondering if you somehow embedded sound with your post. :lol:
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

But it's still believed he died from some kind of injury while battling with insurrectionists.

Source? Sounds like a conspiracy theory.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

"While some news reports had said an unnamed officer was in critical condition after being bludgeoned with a fire extinguisher, family members did not have details of his injuries. They say Sicknick had texted them Wednesday night to say that while he had been pepper-sprayed, he was in good spirits. "
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Here you go:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/26/us/p ... ation.html
The F.B.I. opened a homicide investigation into Officer Sicknick’s death soon after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Investigators initially struggled to determine what had happened as he fought assailants. They soon began to suspect his death was related to an irritant, like mace or bear spray, that he had inhaled during the riot. Both officers and rioters were armed with such irritants during the attack.

In a significant breakthrough in the case, investigators have now pinpointed a person seen on video of the riot who attacked several officers with bear spray, including Officer Sicknick, according to the officials. And video evidence shows that the assailant discussed attacking officers with the bear spray beforehand, one of the officials said.
Irritants like bear spray, pepper spray and mace are considered to be nonlethal crowd control deterrents, but they can cause physical reactions that could create risks for people with underlying health conditions and disorientation that could lead to injury.
This story was updated March 4, so unless something has changed in the past few days this is the most recent information available to the public.

You're right that we can't be 100 percent certain he died as a direct result of being attacked during the insurrection... but it definitely appears to be the case.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I like how you create a point to something that I never said. However, it is people like you that create false narratives about what happened that day. When you say people die, it is important to say who died. Your post is implying that the insurrection led to deaths of people other than the protestors themself, which is false. An armed insurrection with intent to overthrow that resulted in no loss of life towards their "enemies" (police, officers, politicians etc...)? If that is a coup/insurrection, well.... that's insane.
The insurrection/coup caused ZERO people to die that day, other than themselves. They didn't hold any prisoners, they didn't kill anyone, they went into the House and did all of nothing in there. It just bugs me so much that the ruthless people officers would attack and murder 4 activists that were peacefully protesting. Outrageous!
Why do you find it significant that all the insurrectionists who died were Trump supporters? Of course they were. These were Trump's people.

Well, if the insurrections didn't really do any harm, and were actually killed themselves.... then the idea of a coup/insurrection sounds... hmmm. silly.
She was unarmed. Police brutality at its finest. Why are you not outraged that a woman was shot in cold-blood for peacefully protesting while unarmed?
Also, I love how a massive, angry mob invading the Capitol with the goal of stopping the lawful counting of our electoral votes is a "protest" but a small group of people throwing water bottles in Portland is a riot. :lol: Bless your little hearts.
Oh boy. The ignorance in this post. "People throwing water bottles". I can't even comprehend how out of touch that statement is.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:Here you go:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/26/us/p ... ation.html
The F.B.I. opened a homicide investigation into Officer Sicknick’s death soon after the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol. Investigators initially struggled to determine what had happened as he fought assailants. They soon began to suspect his death was related to an irritant, like mace or bear spray, that he had inhaled during the riot. Both officers and rioters were armed with such irritants during the attack.

In a significant breakthrough in the case, investigators have now pinpointed a person seen on video of the riot who attacked several officers with bear spray, including Officer Sicknick, according to the officials. And video evidence shows that the assailant discussed attacking officers with the bear spray beforehand, one of the officials said.
Irritants like bear spray, pepper spray and mace are considered to be nonlethal crowd control deterrents, but they can cause physical reactions that could create risks for people with underlying health conditions and disorientation that could lead to injury.
This story was updated March 4, so unless something has changed in the past few days this is the most recent information available to the public.

You're right that we can't be 100 percent certain he died as a direct result of being attacked during the insurrection... but it definitely appears to be the case.
I'm pretty sure NYT was the one to report that he was bashed in over the head and that's why he died.

Here's how media works.

#1 - report false story, knowingly, to promote your narrative
#2 - enough time passes that the story is no longer part of public discourse
#3 - evidence shows originally story is false.
#4 - news network (maybe) retracts. nobody cares.
#5 - everybody believes #1 still happened.

Perfect example: Darren Wilson/Ferguson/FBI/Obama/media
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Oh boy. The ignorance in this post. "People throwing water bottles". I can't even comprehend how out of touch that statement is.
I'm well aware of my own hyperbole. My point is you can take any night of protests/riots in Portland from the entire summer and it wouldn't be even a fraction as bad as the attack on the Capitol building -- and yet you (and others) seem insistent on calling that a "protest."

Surely, you must be aware of your own bias in this situation.

Not going to touch anything else re: the officer's death. I showed you the most recent information and that's all that matters right now.
Here's how media works.
As a former journalist who actually covered crime, I can tell you with 100 percent confidence that your grasp of how the media works is completely wrong.

Journalists aren't psychics or fortune tellers. If investigators tell journalists someone died from a cause, then that's the cause journalists use in their stories -- while also being extremely careful to source the information and emphasize that it's under investigation.

Now, for real, that's all I'll say about this, because media conspiracies irritate me more than most other conspiracies.
Last edited by pezsez1 on Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
I'm well aware of my own hyperbole. My point is you can take any night of protests/riots in Portland from the entire summer and it wouldn't be even a fraction as bad as the attack on the Capitol building -- and yet you (and others) seem insistent on calling that a "protest."

Surely, you must be aware of your own bias in this situation.

Not going to touch anything else re: the officer's death. I showed you the most recent information and that's all that matters right now.
Here's how media works.
As a former journalist who actually covered crime, I can tell you with 100 percent confidence that your grasp of how the media works is completely wrong.

Journalists aren't psychics or fortune tellers. If investigators tell journalists someone died from a cause, then that's the cause journalists use in their stories.

Now, for real, that's all I'll say about this, because media conspiracies irritate me more than most other conspiracies.

I prefer "peaceful protest", if you don't mind.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I prefer "peaceful protest", if you don't mind.
I prefer "mostly peaceful protest."

But hey, way to dodge any personal accountability.