Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Post by nogerO »

rentdodger wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Proof Snoop got the better of Alan and Dodger, their unnecessary derogatory remarks and making assumptions based only on his activity on a forum. Those were some sad responses, Snoop brings facts/logical arguments only to be responded with ad hominem attacks.

The refs made me do it fanboy.

Make sure you tap into your wife’s midol during the UCLA game. It might help with those in game cramps.
Snoop asked rentdodger-"Rentdodger, what are your thoughts on the woman being refused a liver transplant in Colorado for not being vaccinated? Should the hospital be withholding life-saving services based on her vaccination status?" Still waiting...
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

nogerO wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Proof Snoop got the better of Alan and Dodger, their unnecessary derogatory remarks and making assumptions based only on his activity on a forum. Those were some sad responses, Snoop brings facts/logical arguments only to be responded with ad hominem attacks.
It's what liberals do. They always base everything on feelings and when one exposes their ignorance on something they get their little feelers hurt and what's left? Personal attacks. They just need to go find their binkie and suck on it.

Backwards Oregon guy. Not a liberal. I put myself through Oregon working in a veneer mill. You know, Blue collar before white collar. If you want to pick who was born on second base, it’s probably requires an IQ above your Mendoza line.

As far as someone with stage 5 liver failure, other factors other than vaccine denial probably came into play. Suvivability? Other systemic problems? There could be multiple factors that go into a decision. I don’t know the full story and neither does your hero, Snoop.

Lots of good posters on this site, you don’t add much.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

A couple of you guys are……. Out there.

The rest of the story on the lady refused liver transplant because of not having the vaccine. She is stage 4 cancer and a senior citizen, her daughter is the donor. They whole family, including both mom and daughter refuse the vaccine for religious reasons. In her condition Covid would be most certainly death. The meds she would be put on post transplant weakens the immune system making her even more vulnerable to covid. Her refusal to get the vaccine will cost her her life, sad but her choice. It was an easy google, just make sure you read both the liberal and conservative news stories on this. Here is a statement from the hospital I pull from the story. Again sad but she could have had the transplant.

The health and safety of our patients is our top priority. Cleveland Clinic has recently developed safety protocols for solid organ transplantation that require COVID-19 vaccination to be an active transplant candidate or living donor. Vaccination is particularly important in these patients for their safety. For the living donor, preventing COVID-19 infection around the time of a surgical operation is crucial. For the transplant candidate, in addition to a major operation, medications taken after an organ transplant weaken a person’s immune response. Serious complications of COVID-19 are most likely to develop in those individuals who have weakened immune systems, as their body has a reduced ability to fight and recover from infections. The FDA-authorized vaccines have been determined to be safe and effective and are the best way to prevent severe illness and death from COVID-19.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Alan wrote:A couple of you guys are……. Out there...

Her refusal to get the vaccine will cost her her life, sad but her choice.....
This is why people are starting to lose their civility over this issue: Making proclamations that others are not entitled to medical care unless you get a vaccine that still won't stop the spread or transmission. This is heinous stuff from people who proclaim to "care" about those they issue these directives towards.

Capitulate or else isn't a winning strategy but one that leads to violence.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:A couple of you guys are……. Out there.

The rest of the story on the lady refused liver transplant because of not having the vaccine. She is stage 4 cancer and a senior citizen, her daughter is the donor. They whole family, including both mom and daughter refuse the vaccine for religious reasons. In her condition Covid would be most certainly death. The meds she would be put on post transplant weakens the immune system making her even more vulnerable to covid. Her refusal to get the vaccine will cost her her life, sad but her choice. It was an easy google, just make sure you read both the liberal and conservative news stories on this. Here is a statement from the hospital I pull from the story. Again sad but she could have had the transplant.

The health and safety of our patients is our top priority. Cleveland Clinic has recently developed safety protocols for solid organ transplantation that require COVID-19 vaccination to be an active transplant candidate or living donor. Vaccination is particularly important in these patients for their safety. For the living donor, preventing COVID-19 infection around the time of a surgical operation is crucial. For the transplant candidate, in addition to a major operation, medications taken after an organ transplant weaken a person’s immune response. Serious complications of COVID-19 are most likely to develop in those individuals who have weakened immune systems, as their body has a reduced ability to fight and recover from infections. The FDA-authorized vaccines have been determined to be safe and effective and are the best way to prevent severe illness and death from COVID-19.
I’m not trying to insult you but honestly you’re outlook on this simply astonishes me. She’s dead regardless sadly and to put this on her basically saying she’s “choosing” her death doesn’t make sense. If she’s denying a liver transplant then I see where you’re coming from but this policy is so unreasonable. I’m not going to label you as a liberal like you already have been, I am a conservative and have liberal friends and have always been OK with liberal beliefs, I’ve always understood it as a different point of view, but the support for the covid vaccine mandates is something I cannot understand or simply see it as a different point of view. It’s really sad to see people think like this.
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

Alan wrote:A couple of you guys are……. Out there.

Alan, kudos to you …….I just don’t care enough to spar and refute through the mumbled word salad. I’ve got better things to do. That is why I have so few posts.

As with most things, full knowledge is a 10ft deep swimming pool. Very few people in this world can dive that deep, process and understand. I can’t. When someone has a knowledge base that is 6” into that 10ft pool and professes expertise that is dangerous. Guys like backwards Oregon guy listen.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rentdodger wrote:As with most things, full knowledge is a 10ft deep swimming pool. Very few people in this world can dive that deep, process and understand. I can’t. When someone has a knowledge base that is 6” into that 10ft pool and professes expertise that is dangerous. Guys like backwards Oregon guy listen.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

As expected Nick Rolovich is filing a lawsuit against WSU and I think he's going to win because of all the public statements school officials made.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... sue-firing
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

Duck07 wrote:
Alan wrote:A couple of you guys are……. Out there...

Her refusal to get the vaccine will cost her her life, sad but her choice.....
This is why people are starting to lose their civility over this issue: Making proclamations that others are not entitled to medical care unless you get a vaccine that still won't stop the spread or transmission. This is heinous stuff from people who proclaim to "care" about those they issue these directives towards.

Capitulate or else isn't a winning strategy but one that leads to violence.
Those decisions are made everyday in the medical community. Prevention of Nosocomial spread of any disease/infection in a hospital setting is a protocol. That is the point and been a historical practice long before covid. Try asking any Doctor or nurse you might know.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rentdodger wrote: Those decisions are made everyday in the medical community. Prevention of Nosocomial spread of any disease/infection in a hospital setting is a protocol. That is the point and been a historical practice long before covid. Try asking any Doctor or nurse you might know.
being vaccinated doesn't prevent the spread or transmission of covid. The hippocratic oath was a serious pledge in the past - now, doesn't matter - capitulate or else.
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

Duck07 wrote:
rentdodger wrote: Those decisions are made everyday in the medical community. Prevention of Nosocomial spread of any disease/infection in a hospital setting is a protocol. That is the point and been a historical practice long before covid. Try asking any Doctor or nurse you might know.
being vaccinated doesn't prevent the spread or transmission of covid. The hippocratic oath was a serious pledge in the past - now, doesn't matter - capitulate or else.
Your outrage is noted…….carry on chief
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

rentdodger wrote: Your outrage is noted…….carry on chief
I made a serious point in my response and you don't want to have a good-faith conversation over it. Why don't you just go back to lurking if all you're going to do is grade-school name-calling?
rentdodger
One Star Recruit

Post by rentdodger »

Duck07 wrote:
rentdodger wrote: Your outrage is noted…….carry on chief
I made a serious point in my response and you don't want to have a good-faith conversation over it. Why don't you just go back to lurking if all you're going to do is grade-school name-calling?

Give me a break.

Is that the best you can do?

I get your outrage. I don’t agree with it…..see points I made above…….you don’t agree…..OK……carry on.

I’d tell that to your face. That is where I come from. Sorry your offended.

Back to lurking……..
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Alan wrote:Her refusal to get the vaccine will cost her her life, sad but her choice.
No comment even needed, but just as a reminder: a women at her age has a 1:8,123 chance of dying from COVID-19.

The mortality rate for those with stage 5 kidney disease over 5 year period? 1:1.5
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

^^ actually, couple quick corrections. I thought she was in her mid-50's when I researched earlier so I think it's probably more like 1 in 7,000 chance to die from COVID. And stage 4 probably has less probability so I'd guess around 1 in 2 chance in dying after 5 years. FYI.