Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Post by pezsez1 »

Daycare allowed my son back in! Wooooohoooo!
Now a lot of those people who took the vaccine are seeing that a lot of what they were told was false. They are faced with a choice: should I reap the benefits of getting the vaccine and being able to operate my life unimpeded in society, OR, should I stand up against the radical authoritarian regime and powerful institutions and stand alongside the unvaccinated that are facing radical targeting/segregation?
What were we told about vaccines that turned out to be false?

We always knew they wouldn't prevent 100 percent of illness or transmission, we always suspected efficacy would wane over time, and we always suspected we'd need booster shots at some point.

Also, there's very little that unvaccinated people can't do. You can go to restaurants, grocery stores, movie theaters, parks, etc. I'm guessing you're barred from some hipster restaurants where you'd never go anyway. Heck, you can still go to Duck games if you want to, as long as you bring a negative test result.

Honestly, though, if it were up to me, I'd mandate the **** out of vaccines. The fact we're still dealing with this pandemic is utterly ridiculous. I don't really care anymore about whether people are scared of vaccines, distrustful of the science, skeptical of Big Pharma, worried about a global government control scheme (which never made sense to begin with), etc. All that matters to me is the fact that literally every independent & peer-reviewed study has shown that vaccines are safe and effective.

I guess folks should be thankful that Joe Biden, not me, is their president. :lol:
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:Daycare allowed my son back in! Wooooohoooo!
Now a lot of those people who took the vaccine are seeing that a lot of what they were told was false. They are faced with a choice: should I reap the benefits of getting the vaccine and being able to operate my life unimpeded in society, OR, should I stand up against the radical authoritarian regime and powerful institutions and stand alongside the unvaccinated that are facing radical targeting/segregation?

We always knew they wouldn't prevent 100 percent of illness or transmission, we always suspected efficacy would wane over time, and we always suspected we'd need booster shots at some point.

Also, there's very little that unvaccinated people can't do. You can go to restaurants, grocery stores, movie theaters, parks, etc. I'm guessing you're barred from some hipster restaurants where you'd never go anyway. Heck, you can still go to Duck games if you want to, as long as you bring a negative test result.

Honestly, though, if it were up to me, I'd mandate the **** out of vaccines. The fact we're still dealing with this pandemic is utterly ridiculous. I don't really care anymore about whether people are scared of vaccines, distrustful of the science, skeptical of Big Pharma, worried about a global government control scheme (which never made sense to begin with), etc. All that matters to me is the fact that literally every independent & peer-reviewed study has shown that vaccines are safe and effective.

I guess folks should be thankful that Joe Biden, not me, is their president. :lol:
The reality to perception gap is too large to bridge on this one.

The biggest disconnect has to be "there's very little that unvaccinated people can't do". Umm.... how about retain their livelihood?

Let the reader decide.

Have a gr8 week.
Last edited by dd10snoop28 on Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

The reality to perception gap is too large to bridge on this one. Let the reader decide.
The science already found the correct answer. Not my problem if a minority of Americans refuse to accept it.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
pezsez1 wrote:Daycare allowed my son back in! Wooooohoooo!

The reality to perception gap is too large to bridge on this one.

The biggest disconnect has to be "there's very little that unvaccinated people can't do". Umm.... how about retain their livelihood?

Let the reader decide.

Have a gr8 week.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Nothing is stopping these people from getting vaccinated and keeping their jobs.

They must not really care about their jobs (or need them) if they'd rather be fired.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Nothing is stopping these people from getting vaccinated and keeping their jobs.

They must not really care about their jobs (or need them) if they'd rather be fired.
Thank you for refuting your own point.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:

You don't see the inherent problem in forcing someone to get a vaccine or lose their job?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Why are vaccinated people scared of the unvaccinated?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

You don't see the inherent problem in forcing someone to get a vaccine or lose their job?
I don't, because these vaccines have been rigorously tested and shown beyond a shadow of a doubt to be safe and effective. It's silly for anyone to still be scared of these vaccines.
I haven't. Life is filled with simple choices. And there are lots of job openings out there. If someone cares more about being an anti-vaxxer than keeping his job, now is a great time to change to a field without mandates.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:
I don't, because these vaccines have been rigorously tested and shown beyond a shadow of a doubt to be safe and effective. It's silly for anyone to still be scared of these vaccines.
I haven't. Life is filled with simple choices. And there are lots of job openings out there. If someone cares more about being an anti-vaxxer than keeping his job, now is a great time to change to a field without mandates.
Pez: There's very little that unvaccinated people can't do.

Real life: People losing their jobs because they are unvaccinated.

I'm sick of this nonsense. I'm sorry. You are as about as shameful as the president in wanting to segregate a portion of human beings and count them as being "lesser" valued in this country. The vulgar part is that you think you have a moral high ground which is just beyond my comprehension. I'm sure there are those that remain in this country that have no seered their conscious to the point where they are repeating your vulgarity. One can only hope.

Have a gr8 week everyone.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Pez: There's very little that unvaccinated people can't do.

Real life: People losing their jobs because they are unvaccinated.

I'm sick of this nonsense. I'm sorry. You are as about as shameful as the president in wanting to segregate a portion of human beings and count them as being "lesser" valued in this country. The vulgar part is that you think you have a moral high ground which is just beyond my comprehension. I'm sure there are those that remain in this country that have no seered their conscious to the point where they are repeating your vulgarity. One can only hope.

Have a gr8 week everyone.
I'm shameful because gullible people have bought into anti-vax propaganda and outlandishly complicated government conspiracy theories. OK, lol.

And the fact I have the moral high ground (which I do) doesn't matter. What matters is literally all of the science is on my side.

I honestly do not care -- not even a little bit -- if people choose to lose their jobs over getting vaccinated. Whaaaa whaaaa.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote:
Which long term studies have been rigorously tested?
Why is a vaccinated person scared of an unvaccinated person?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

These vaccines have been under intense scrutiny since clinic trials started a year ago.

Meanwhile, Americans have always been fine with medications that pass the clinical trial and approval process.

Name one recently approved drug that's been tested and studied as heavily as our vaccines with such amazingly positive trial results and study conclusions.

I mean, how much more time do anti-vaxxers need? And why do they suddenly care about this when it was never an issue before?

Vaccinated people don't fear the unvaccinated. We are tired of them and don't care if they lose their jobs over making stupid decisions.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pezsez1 wrote: Vaccinated people don't fear the unvaccinated. We are tired of them and don't care if they lose their jobs over making stupid decisions.
Then why do you require them to get a vaccine or else lose their jobs?

What is the reason for the unvaccinated to demand this on another person?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Because they're being selfish assholes and dragging this out.

And why?