Anything that wont fit in any of the other forums

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Re: Team/League COVID Safety Protocols For 2021

Post by pezsez1 »

https://www.kgw.com/article/news/health ... 59b80ce1b2

From that story:
The most recent numbers available for the week ending Sept. 12 are not encouraging. Here's what the test positivity rate looked like in the three counties surrounding Bend, according to the Oregon Health Authority:

Deschutes County: 18.8% positivity rate
Jefferson County: 21.2% positivity rate
Crook County: 28.6% test positivity rate

For comparison, Multnomah County, with the highest population in the state and one of the highest vaccination rates, had a test positivity rate during that of 7.4% during that same time period.
Again, the problem here is the fresh meat -- unvaccinated people who've never been infected/recovered.

I honestly don't understand why you can't bring yourself to agree with me on this. You've not even really attempted to directly contradict this, and I think it's because you know it's a correct statement.

I get it that you're against vaccine mandates, and that you think vaccines should be a choice -- but you can still believe those things while also acknowledging that COVID will remain a public health threat until everyone has been either infected or vaccinated.

And I get it -- there's value in getting infected and recovering naturally! Huge value. As soon as my son can be vaccinated, I'm going to live it up like it's 2019 (babysitter permitting) in hopes of eventually getting COVID and recovering naturally. I want those antibodies! :) And I want my son to have them, too -- but not while he's fresh meat. I want his immune system to have experience with attacking the virus before he gets it.

That's what will slam the door on all of this and end it for good.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Kind of interesting: Health minister in Victoria, Australia citing how many hospitalizations from Covid. Note how many of them are vaccinated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVF03WTeyj8&t=165s

Strange that the domestic data is not lining up with data from other countries I keep hearing about.

Meanwhile, Biden is getting a booster shot on stage for some reason; I can't figure out why, since the vaccine is already so effective. I guess he just likes to go up on stage and get shots. Maybe it was actually ivermectin?

lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

^ Our domestic/global data frankly doesn't add up.

How is the US the #1 country as far as deaths go when we are 3rd in population and 174h in population density and one of the world leaders in health care?

India and China's numbers are clearly lower than they should be and I think our numbers are inflated as well. A lot of other stats don't really add up sadly because we are now almost 2 full years in and finding accurate stats is still insanely difficult, if not impossible.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

lukeyrid13 wrote:^ Our domestic/global data frankly doesn't add up.

How is the US the #1 country as far as deaths go when we are 3rd in population and 174h in population density and one of the world leaders in health care?

India and China's numbers are clearly lower than they should be and I think our numbers are inflated as well. A lot of other stats don't really add up sadly because we are now almost 2 full years in and finding accurate stats is still insanely difficult, if not impossible.
50 governors, both Democrat and Republican, are conspiring with each other to make it seem like they're doing a terrible job of controlling the spread of a deadly virus....

Gotta say, that don't make sense. The numbers in other countries might be suppressed, but the US's isn't inflated.
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:https://www.kgw.com/article/news/health ... 59b80ce1b2

From that story:
The most recent numbers available for the week ending Sept. 12 are not encouraging. Here's what the test positivity rate looked like in the three counties surrounding Bend, according to the Oregon Health Authority:

Deschutes County: 18.8% positivity rate
Jefferson County: 21.2% positivity rate
Crook County: 28.6% test positivity rate

For comparison, Multnomah County, with the highest population in the state and one of the highest vaccination rates, had a test positivity rate during that of 7.4% during that same time period.
Again, the problem here is the fresh meat -- unvaccinated people who've never been infected/recovered.

I honestly don't understand why you can't bring yourself to agree with me on this. You've not even really attempted to directly contradict this, and I think it's because you know it's a correct statement.

I get it that you're against vaccine mandates, and that you think vaccines should be a choice -- but you can still believe those things while also acknowledging that COVID will remain a public health threat until everyone has been either infected or vaccinated.

And I get it -- there's value in getting infected and recovering naturally! Huge value. As soon as my son can be vaccinated, I'm going to live it up like it's 2019 (babysitter permitting) in hopes of eventually getting COVID and recovering naturally. I want those antibodies! :) And I want my son to have them, too -- but not while he's fresh meat. I want his immune system to have experience with attacking the virus before he gets it.

That's what will slam the door on all of this and end it for good.
You are oversimplifying an issue that has multiple contributor and, thus, arriving at wrong conclusions.

I'm not sure what the jab-rate in Oregon was before the surge happened but let's say it was 60%. Why in the world are we seeing the largest surge in Oregon - by far - if the "fresh meat", as you say, is 60% less than it was for 12 months in 2020? That's not even including the % of people who have a more protective natural immunity.

Why are we seeing some of the largest surges in cases in the world in the most vaccinated areas of the world? The "fresh meat" theory just holds little to no legitimacy. See Iceland, Hawaii, Israel, Singapore (etc...) for areas with high vaccination rates that are seeing their larges surges this summer (which is an odd time for viruses to thrive).

You don't need to be an expert to see that this narrative - that vaccines provide significant protection against inception and spread - is patently false. People put their livelihoods at risk because they believed this lie.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

StevensTechU wrote:
lukeyrid13 wrote:^ Our domestic/global data frankly doesn't add up.

50 governors, both Democrat and Republican, are conspiring with each other to make it seem like they're doing a terrible job of controlling the spread of a deadly virus....

Gotta say, that don't make sense. The numbers in other countries might be suppressed, but the US's isn't inflated.
As an aside: we based our "scientific" approach to the pandemic - lockdowns, shutdowns, quarantines - based on WHO's touted "success" of China to contain the virus, which - if anyone knows anything about China - has lied and/or withheld information about nearly everything as it pertains to the virus.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

What is the wrong conclusion I'm arriving at? You don't honestly think that vaccinated people spread the virus more often than unvaccinated people who've never been infected -- do you? There's no evidence supporting that.
I'm not sure what the jab-rate in Oregon was before the surge happened but let's say it was 60%. Why in the world are we seeing the largest surge in Oregon - by far - if the "fresh meat", as you say, is 60% less than it was for 12 months in 2020? That's not even including the % of people who have a more protective natural immunity.
You're assuming that everyone who got vaccinated had never been infected. You're also overestimating the number of people who'd been infected in the first place.

Also, we didn't see the "largest" surge in Oregon. We've seen the largest surges in places like Missouri (really low vaccination rates) and Florida (poor public health measures). We saw large surges in rural Oregon counties with comparably low vaccination rates. I've already shown you that Multnomah County (high vaccination rate) didn't have nearly as big of a surge, and because we've done so well up here we've kept the state's overall infection rates from being embarrassingly bad.
Why are we seeing some of the largest surges in cases in the world in the most vaccinated areas of the world? The "fresh meat" theory just holds little to no legitimacy. See Iceland, Hawaii, Israel, Singapore (etc...) for areas with high vaccination rates that are seeing their larges surges this summer (which is an odd time for viruses to thrive).
We're not seeing the "largest surges" in those places. We are seeing surges where most people happen to be vaccinated and vaccinations have waned over time, but these surges are relatively small compared to what we're seeing elsewhere.

It's actually kind of funny you brought Iceland into this. That's the worst thing you could do if you're trying to show that vaccines don't work.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/iceland
You don't need to be an expert to see that this narrative - that vaccines provide significant protection against inception and spread - is patently false. People put their livelihoods at risk because they believed this lie.
Vaccines DO protect against spread. Again, I feel like we should be in agreement that the level of protection wanes over time, but that is why booster shots are expected (and recommended for some).

The data backs me up on this over and over and over again.
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Also, just looked into Hawaii's situation. Their surge was driven mostly by unvaccinated island residents, particularly within the native population.

"Overall, 62.1% of Hawaii is fully vaccinated. But Hawaiians have among the lowest rates; estimates show it’s at about 40%."

Fresh meat.

https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-he ... 899da5938f
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

I don't believe I need to add anything else here to prove my point (which has already been proven by folks with far more intelligence and resources than any of us).

Also, caring for a sick kid today. I'll check back tomorrow or the next day to correct any twisting of my words, but otherwise I'm returning to Lurk Mode.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Anyone care to guess why Africa doesn't have a Covid problem?
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:What is the wrong conclusion I'm arriving at? You don't honestly think that vaccinated people spread the virus more often than unvaccinated people who've never been infected -- do you? There's no evidence supporting that.
You're assuming that everyone who got vaccinated had never been infected. You're also overestimating the number of people who'd been infected in the first place.

Also, we didn't see the "largest" surge in Oregon. We've seen the largest surges in places like Missouri (really low vaccination rates) and Florida (poor public health measures). We saw large surges in rural Oregon counties with comparably low vaccination rates. I've already shown you that Multnomah County (high vaccination rate) didn't have nearly as big of a surge, and because we've done so well up here we've kept the state's overall infection rates from being embarrassingly bad.
We're not seeing the "largest surges" in those places. We are seeing surges where most people happen to be vaccinated and vaccinations have waned over time, but these surges are relatively small compared to what we're seeing elsewhere.

It's actually kind of funny you brought Iceland into this. That's the worst thing you could do if you're trying to show that vaccines don't work.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/region/iceland
Vaccines DO protect against spread. Again, I feel like we should be in agreement that the level of protection wanes over time, but that is why booster shots are expected (and recommended for some).

The data backs me up on this over and over and over again.
My point from my original post was that vaccines don't work DUE to mutations of the virus, which I said months before the vaccine was made public, and in contrast to what the media was selling everyone. You can have the media move the goalposts for you but here is the fact: if your highly-vaccinated society (See Israel) returns to having high spikes in cases , which is proportionally higher represented by vaccinated people, within only 6 months of having the vaccine publicly available then that is a complete failure.

And then we are going about completely demonizing and segregating people who don't see vaccines as a tenable solution give the information above?

Go re-read all of the prior threads. The only people who got things right - regarding vaccines not solving any problems - was the people who weren't buying the lies fed to them by powerful people. There is enough information for people to do their own research - albeit much more difficult due to the government and social media companies colluding to suppress any legitimate concerns raised regarding the virus/vaccine.

This is not normal. This is definitely not American. People are sacrificing false safety (due to enormously propagated fear in media/leaders) for basic constitutional rights and authoritarian government control.

A proper student of history would see this activity as nefarious. Others would likely attribute it to "saving lives".

Have a gr8 week!
Last edited by dd10snoop28 on Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Duck07 wrote:Anyone care to guess why Africa doesn't have a Covid problem?
Enlighten, plz.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Duck07 wrote:Anyone care to guess why Africa doesn't have a Covid problem?
Enlighten, plz.
If you take an Obesity map of the globe it matches up with where all the Covid deaths are.

Africa hasn't been vaccinated heavily, doesn't have a modicum of public health measures to contain the virus in any way that anybody in America's system would deem rational but they do also get a lot of Vitamin D and don't have anywhere near the intake levels of sugar that we do and other places that have been hit hard.

https://www.worldobesityday.org/assets/ ... -Atlas.pdf
Page 28 is where the maps begin and while this is from March of this year, everything about it has remained the same and the Delta variant was found in Africa in July 2020.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pezsez1 wrote:I don't believe I need to add anything else here to prove my point (which has already been proven by folks with far more intelligence and resources than any of us).

Also, caring for a sick kid today. I'll check back tomorrow or the next day to correct any twisting of my words, but otherwise I'm returning to Lurk Mode.

***which has already been interpreted by folks with far more power and money than any of us.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Just for a moment, imagine this. What if media/those in power were transparent and honest about the truths of the experimental therapeutics in the months leading to the release? As opposed to trying to suppress / ignore all of the legitimate challenges to their false claims?

How much would the public opinion have changed? I think the answer is: substantially. People were sold a false bill of goods regarding the anti-body therapy treatment, and happily complied to make things better.

Now a lot of those people who took the vaccine are seeing that a lot of what they were told was false. They are faced with a choice: should I reap the benefits of getting the vaccine and being able to operate my life unimpeded in society, OR, should I stand up against the radical authoritarian regime and powerful institutions and stand alongside the unvaccinated that are facing radical targeting/segregation?

That is the question of our day and will largely dictate what kind of country we will live in during our lifetime.