says a source
If true, what the heck?
brich75
Senior

Re: Schooler entering transfer portal

Post by brich75 »

rockthief wrote:says a source
If true, what the heck?
Seems to be confirmed all over Twitter now. Makes sense the WR group is passing him by. He can redshirt somewhere else and come back next year as a safety
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

There has to be more to the story.

He still has a regular redshirt here if he wanted one. Maybe going to give safety another try, and go to Arizona to play with his bro? Why not take a redshirt here and make the switch? This is Herbert's best buddy and roommate.
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

He tried to redshirt this year and come back next year. Coach said that was not possible, no room . Per JHop

Good decision for him if he wants to get 1 more year of CFB and get his masters.
brich75
Senior

Post by brich75 »

GoDucksTroll wrote:There has to be more to the story.

He still has a regular redshirt here if he wanted one. Maybe going to give safety another try, and go to Arizona to play with his bro? Why not take a redshirt here and make the switch? This is Herbert's best buddy and roommate.
I would also guess he would play at safety here. I think that is probably the most talented position on the team
GoDucksTroll
Sophomore

Post by GoDucksTroll »

Phenom wrote:He tried to redshirt this year and come back next year. Coach said that was not possible, no room . Per JHop

Good decision for him if he wants to get 1 more year of CFB and get his masters.
That seems believable, but man I can't believe we couldn't find a one year scholarship for Schooler.

Felix is MIA. Tom Snee is a scholarship punter. Poutasi never has and never will do anything. Same with Crocker. I'm sure there is more dead weight I'm missing.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Really seemed like he was starting to get more PT as he knocked the rust off after his injury. The Ducks will really miss his blocking and special teams contributions.
lmduck

Post by lmduck »

Interesting that they used Dorlus on special teams at UW. Wonder if the coaches knew this was coming. Just speculation on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

He had at least two killer blocks on Saturday
lmduck

Schooler entering transfer portal

Post by lmduck »

rockthief wrote:He had at least two killer blocks on Saturday
yes, he sure did. Just speculating it has to do with PT. Redd, JJlll and Pittman were clearly go to guys at UW though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duckenstein
Freshman

Post by Duckenstein »

Pittman's not redshirting either.

MC seems to prefer guys to just play. He's managing the roster really well IMO and it's unfortunate but it's probably best for both sides
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

Yeah, he’s a good blocker and has been a great ST guy in the past but he’s a below average receiver. Wish him the best. He should probably transfer elsewhere and go back to S.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

Bummer!
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Phenom wrote:He tried to redshirt this year and come back next year. Coach said that was not possible, no room . Per JHop

This doesn’t check out, what if he had been injured for the whole year? They just tell him no you can’t come back next year?
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

pudgejeff wrote:

This doesn’t check out, what if he had been injured for the whole year? They just tell him no you can’t come back next year?
Yeah, he's played four years...