Some stuff going on at UW

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

lmduck

Some stuff going on at UW

Post by lmduck »

we know Kwiatkowski leaving is a big deal but there are some other things simmering at UW.

One 'story' making the rounds is that Savell Smalls is looking to transfer and some think he ends up following Kwiatkowski. Also some rumors flying that Paka Nacua may end up in the transfer portal.

Also RUMORS about other issues with in the program including disciplinary things. Will be interesting to see if anything further comes to pass.
greenyellow

Re: Some stuff going on at UW

Post by greenyellow »

So much for dominating the Pac.
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

Weren't we in it for Smalls?
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Jhop saying that Puca wanted to come to Oregon and the ducks don't have room. Having a hard time swallowing that one.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Phalanx wrote:Jhop saying that Puca wanted to come to Oregon and the ducks don't have room. Having a hard time swallowing that one.
Considering the WR class they just signed, that's not surprising.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Phalanx wrote:Jhop saying that Puca wanted to come to Oregon and the ducks don't have room. Having a hard time swallowing that one.
I'm sure they'd love to have them, but giving him a spot would likely mean losing depth at another spot. They are very limited in room as it is, and I'd assume DB and DL are higher priorities.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I call BS on turning Nacua away. He's a Day 1 of the draft talent. If he was an option, I have no doubt Lance Wilhoite or Crocker would be hitting the portal.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

StevensTechU wrote:I call BS on turning Nacua away. He's a Day 1 of the draft talent. If he was an option, I have no doubt Lance Wilhoite or Crocker would be hitting the portal.
Exactly what I was thinking. I understand the need for DL and especially DB, but I don't believe that the ducks have a receiver as good as Puca on the roster currently. It would be a shame if Crocker occupying a spot was the reason Puca didn't come to Oregon. I really hope that isn't true.
droop10
Five Star Recruit

Post by droop10 »

Phalanx wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:I call BS on turning Nacua away. He's a Day 1 of the draft talent. If he was an option, I have no doubt Lance Wilhoite or Crocker would be hitting the portal.
Exactly what I was thinking. I understand the need for DL and especially DB, but I don't believe that the ducks have a receiver as good as Puca on the roster currently. It would be a shame if Crocker occupying a spot was the reason Puca didn't come to Oregon. I really hope that isn't true.
Geez, the rate that you guys give up on players these days is incredible. You’d think he was a 5th year senior coasting along. I understand he is not as talented as Puca, but I refuse to go into the SEC mentality of booting kids just because someone sexier comes along. They committed to these kids and their families for 4 years. If Crocker had behavioral issues or didn’t take football seriously that would be one thing (I don’t claim to know what goes on behind the scenes, but I’ve never read anything about him being a problem), but because he’s stuck behind other guys on the depth chart? I can’t get behind that. Y’all act like Cristobal can just cut him anyway. He can advise him elsewhere might be a better fit, but if Crocker wants to be here and fight for his spot, then they better develop him.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

I'm not saying it's my preference, but I would guess that Cristobal wouldn't say no.
Everythingsducky
Senior

Post by Everythingsducky »

I would take Puka all day. Dude’s a baller. If he came to UO, I’d expect some attrition. Keep in mind Addison and Waters were moved to the DB group, at least at the end of last year.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

droop10 wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
Geez, the rate that you guys give up on players these days is incredible. You’d think he was a 5th year senior coasting along. I understand he is not as talented as Puca, but I refuse to go into the SEC mentality of booting kids just because someone sexier comes along. They committed to these kids and their families for 4 years. If Crocker had behavioral issues or didn’t take football seriously that would be one thing (I don’t claim to know what goes on behind the scenes, but I’ve never read anything about him being a problem), but because he’s stuck behind other guys on the depth chart? I can’t get behind that. Y’all act like Cristobal can just cut him anyway. He can advise him elsewhere might be a better fit, but if Crocker wants to be here and fight for his spot, then they better develop him.
Yeah...I'm not acting like Cristobal will cut anyone. That's more or less the point. The team went with Crocker, a guy who hasn't caught a pass in three seasons on a team that badly needed production at receiver, and because they gave Crocker a scholarship to sit on the bench, they can't take a guy like Puca when he comes available. Or at least, that is JHop's story. That sucks. That's all I'm saying. I will go further though about Crocker. He was in the same class as Peneii Sewell, a guy who has already finished his career at Oregon and is headed to the NFL. If Crocker had the goods, it would have been manifested by now. It's another in a growing list of four-star misses at receiver for this coaching staff.

Good luck to Puca, wherever he ends up. SMH.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

And just like that, half of their massive 2022 commit list is gone!

What a shock!

I take it they weren't OKG's?
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Puka Nacua is officially in the transfer portal. Sounds like BYU is the frontrunner for both him and his brother, former Utah WR Samson Nacua.
thomas time
Senior

Post by thomas time »

both are going to BYU