Nick Rolovich

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

Alan
Senior

Re: Nick Rolovich

Post by Alan »

dd10snoop28 wrote:
Alan wrote:I think it’s a excuse. Rolovich has 3 million reason per year why to get the Vaccine……. He has to make the same choice as millions of government workers have to make….. how important is the job?
Why would you ever sacrifice personal benefit for greater good, Nathan hale? How important is your life?
To be honest there has been so many long winded discussions on this board I had no desire to read it or try to keep up. While I don’t mind the conversations here, I don’t get any Covid info from Facebook or a sports message board.

With that said, the little I have read I really can’t tell if you are pro or anti vaccine? So I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not here. Rolovich has no right to special treatment, if he can get a religious exemption fine, but it does bring up my question about fetal tissue and Moderno vaccine. Not getting the vaccine because “it’s my personal choice” does not cut it in my book. He has a choice or choices, get the vaccine and save his job, just as all other Washington government workers have to do, don’t get the vaccine and find another job or get his religious exemption for a valid ethical reason. If Moderno vaccine is a valid option than he should get it.

On a final note I currently have Covid-19, I am on day 7 of symptoms. I am and have been fully vaccinated with Pfizer for a little over 6 months. While my symptoms are not what I would call mild I believe they are. I also believe I probably caught it from a anti-vaxer, anti-masker because of the area I live in.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Googled my own question on fetal cells in Covid vaccines. Neither vaccine contains fetal cell, according to medical link below, but both vaccines used fetal cells during testing. I won’t get into a discussion about religious interpretation within one’s religion, meaning IMO, everyone interprets their own religion a little different than other members, they are usually very sight differences.

Here’s the link:

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/you-a ... etal-cells
Last edited by Alan on Sun Oct 10, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Alan wrote:
To be honest there has been so many long winded discussions on this board I had no desire to read it or try to keep up. While I don’t mind the conversations here, I don’t get any Covid info from Facebook or a sports message board.

With that said, the little I have read I really can’t tell if you are pro or anti vaccine? So I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not here. Rolovich has no right to special treatment, if he can get a religious exemption fine, but it does bring up my question about fetal tissue and Moderno vaccine. Not getting the vaccine because “it’s my personal choice” does not cut it in my book. He has a choice or choices, get the vaccine and save his job, just as all other Washington government workers have to do, don’t get the vaccine and find another job or get his religious exemption for a valid ethical reason. If Moderno vaccine is a valid option than he should get it.

On a final note I currently have Covid-19, I am on day 7 of symptoms. I am and have been fully vaccinated with Pfizer for a little over 6 months. While my symptoms are not what I would call mild I believe they are. I also believe I probably caught it from a anti-vaxer, anti-masker because of the area I live in.
I completely disagree with you regarding people's right to avoid putting things into their body that they don't agree with, particularly as a condition of employment, and especially given that getting this shot does not preclude anyone from getting or passing Covid, as you yourself have discovered.

Having said this, as someone who recently had Covid myself, I hope the best for you and your family and that you are like most people and get over it soon (usually it turns around day 10 if you don't get pneumonia).
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Phalanx wrote:
Alan wrote:

I completely disagree with you regarding people's right to avoid putting things into their body that they don't agree with, particularly as a condition of employment, and especially given that getting this shot does not preclude anyone from getting or passing Covid, as you yourself have discovered.

Having said this, as someone who recently had Covid myself, I hope the best for you and your family and that you are like most people and get over it soon (usually it turns around day 10 if you don't get pneumonia).
As like many do, we will have to disagree and move forward. Thank you very much for your kind words, my symptoms are no worse than a bad head cold, the bad part is knowing I have Covid and I am only on day seven of 10 on quarantine. At least the Chargers are on TV this week! Herbert just completed a first down pass, and now scrambled for 10 more. Lol
dd10snoop28
Senior
GM: New Jersey Nets GM

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Alan wrote:
dd10snoop28 wrote:
Alan wrote:I think it’s a excuse. Rolovich has 3 million reason per year why to get the Vaccine……. He has to make the same choice as millions of government workers have to make….. how important is the job?
Why would you ever sacrifice personal benefit for greater good, Nathan hale? How important is your life?

It has nothing to do with my stance on vaccines or masks. Look at Australia. They are living in an authoritarian state at this moment. No hyperbole in that statement. In America, we are already moving in that direction at an alarmingly fast pace.

it sounds like you have already accepted that the actions taken regarding mandates are OK. That's a problem from a historical standpoint and for the longevity of this country as the west's example of liberty.

People have been deceived to believe that "anti-mask/anti-vaccine" citizens are there enemy. Your last sentence seems to suggest you believe that as well, which I think is extremely sad.

My post is a bit disjointed, but my point is that you are basically telling the coach to ditch long-standing American values for comfort. Some people just don't roll like that and are willing to bite the bullet to fight for what they think is right. That's the American spitit going back to Hale.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Snoop, Since I’ve completely laid my cards on the table I will respond to one post. I do completely disagree with you and I don’t wanna get in a debate about it because you have your beliefs and I have mine. I do not believe it’s a battle or a war but I do believe the differences is unhealthy for our country. And I also believe that history will show that resistance to sacrifice for the greater good has been done quite a few times In the past. World War I, war war two, polio vaccines, small pox vaccines, etc. no need for further discussion we will just continue to disagree on it. But I do not believe this is the worlds in our our country is headed for Civil War, although I do believe our country is quite unhealthy right now.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

I also believe I probably caught it from a anti-vaxer, anti-masker because of the area I live in.
EARLY 2020:
-U.S. Leaders: "Vaccines will protect us from infection and return us to normal society"
-Fauci: "50% vaccination rate will prevent any more surges in America"

----------
REAL LIFE:
-more deaths in 10 months by October '21 than all of 2020. Oh ya, and that's with 60% vaccination and 20% natural immunity!
-studies in Israel - the first country to get to 50% vaccination - show that vaccines protect only 20% after six months.
-multiplicity of studies showing no correlation between masks and casks/deaths.

Got to think beyond what you are told, especially when what you are being told is to falsely demonize a group of your own fellow citizens.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Got to think beyond what you are told, especially when what you are being told is to falsely demonize a group of your own fellow citizens.
With this I agree, I think a lot of “kool Aid” drinkers are being a load of crap from people they want to believe.

Let me ask you this, since this thread is titled “Nick Rolovich”. Please answer the question directly, no stats needed. Does Nick Rolovich, as a State of Washington employee deserve any special treatment for Covid-19 mandates by the state of Washington? Special treatment that all other state employees would not receive?
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

Alan wrote:
With this I agree, I think a lot of “kool Aid” drinkers are being a load of crap from people they want to believe.

Let me ask you this, since this thread is titled “Nick Rolovich”. Please answer the question directly, no stats needed. Does Nick Rolovich, as a State of Washington employee deserve any special treatment for Covid-19 mandates by the state of Washington? Special treatment that all other state employees would not receive?
I'm not sure why him being an employee of the state of WA is being emphasized. In fact, it would actually be less egregious in my mind if it was a private institution that was instituting the mandate (although still bad). The executive branches of government have far exceeded their bounds of constitutional authority in the past 2 yrs, and this is the most extreme example I have witnessed in my lifetime. So, I disagree with the notion that he should get "special treatment" since the actions that have established the current predicament have been immoral and definitely outside of constitutional intent.
lukeyrid13
All-American
GM: Portland TrailBlazers

Post by lukeyrid13 »

Hypothetical question for those who approve of vaccine mandates

- If you voted for pro abortion rights, and were to lose your job because it affected 600k lives lost each year, would you feel it was overreach to demand you lose your job if you don't change your vote/stance?

The vaccine (as of this point) is clearly proven safer than not being vaccinated, but to lose your job because of your vaccination status is pretty crazy overreach to me.
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Alan wrote: With this I agree, I think a lot of “kool Aid” drinkers are being a load of crap from people they want to believe.

I don't view not being fired for just coming to work everyday as 'special treatment'. I view threatening someone for simply keeping his own counsel on what he chooses to inject into his body as special targeting. Actually, this is feeling more and more like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone or something. We have underground economies developing like they have in Russia. Underground for fake vaccine documents, black market for drugs that are sold freely all over the world. and underground for hiring people who didn't get the shot. I grew up in the 80's where stories like this came out of Russia all the time. Now we are Russia, and people like Edward Snowden flee to Russia for less tyranny. It's unbelievable how we are allowing the hypochondriacs (and big Pharma) to take over our society.
Last edited by Phalanx on Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Phalanx wrote:
Alan wrote: With this I agree, I think a lot of “kool Aid” drinkers are being a load of crap from people they want to believe.

I don't view not being fired for just coming to work everyday as 'special treatment'. I view threatening someone for simply keeping his own counsel on what he chooses to inject into his body as special targeting. Actually, this is feeling more and more like I've stepped into the Twilight Zone or something. We have underground economies developing like they have in Russia. Underground for fake vaccine documents, black market for drugs that are sold freely all over the world. and underground for hiring people who didn't get the shot. I grew up in the 80's where stories like this came out of Russia all the time. Now we are Russia, and people like Edward Snowden flee to Russia for less tyranny. It's unbelievable how we are allowing the hypochondriacs to take over our society.
It's a Brave New World!
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

lukeyrid13 wrote:The vaccine (as of this point) is clearly proven safer than not being vaccinated, but to lose your job because of your vaccination status is pretty crazy overreach to me.
That is a moot point. The problem with this virus is the spread; not the fatality rate. So when you say "safer", we need to understand it within a larger context.Does it produce a lower % of hospitalizations/deaths? So far, yes, but because there is such an extremely low risk from dying of COVI, that means we would need to change every aspect of society to mitigate and set rules for other "low-risk" activities. Not a tenable solution.

Again, the goal has always been to "slow the spread" and reduce transmission. That was the ultimate purpose of the "vaccines". However, the vaccine has demonstrated that it neither slows the spread nor reduces transmission, as admitted by the head of the CDC on Oct 11:

"...with regard to Delta, what they [vaccines] can't do anymore is prevent transmission. So if you [the vaccinated] are going home to somebody who is at-risk, I would suggest you wear a mask in public indoor settings."

Wait, whaaaat?
pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Again, the goal has always been to "slow the spread" and reduce transmission. That was the ultimate purpose of the "vaccines". However, the vaccine has demonstrated that it neither slows the spread nor reduces transmission, as admitted by the head of the CDC on Oct 11:

"...with regard to Delta, what they [vaccines] can't do anymore is prevent transmission. So if you [the vaccinated] are going home to somebody who is at-risk, I would suggest you wear a mask in public indoor settings."
I hate having to jump in here again, but this needs a correction.

The vaccines do have strong efficacy against COVID soon after administration, though efficacy wanes over time. Even after six months, though, the vaccines do retain efficacy... studies show between 20 and 45 percent. That means that, yes, the vaccines DO help to slow spread, even in a worst-case scenario.

Add in booster shots and efficacy is expected to rebound back to 70 percent-ish with better durability.

Additionally, some studies have shown that vaccinated people with comparable viral loads as unvaccinated people are contagious for significantly less time and infect fewer people. Other studies have substantiated this, showing that most breakthrough infections are the result of exposures to unvaccinated people.

The CDC head should have said that vaccines can't "stop" transmission. It was a poor word choice that doesn't change the actual science of vaccines working.

Anyway, carry on with your drum circle.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
dd10snoop28
Senior

Post by dd10snoop28 »

pezsez1 wrote:

I hate having to jump in here again, but this needs a correction.

The vaccines do have strong efficacy against COVID soon after administration, though efficacy wanes over time. Even after six months, though, the vaccines do retain efficacy... studies show between 20 and 45 percent. That means that, yes, the vaccines DO help to slow spread, even in a worst-case scenario.

Add in booster shots and efficacy is expected to rebound back to 70 percent-ish with better durability.

Additionally, some studies have shown that vaccinated people with comparable viral loads as unvaccinated people are contagious for significantly less time and infect fewer people. Other studies have substantiated this, showing that most breakthrough infections are the result of exposures to unvaccinated people.

The CDC head should have said that vaccines can't "stop" transmission. It was a poor word choice that doesn't change the actual science of vaccines working.

Anyway, carry on with your drum circle.
Cool, so we are putting 100 million of American's livelihoods on the line because this anybody therapeutic has the same efficacy as the annual flu shut? And because the chance of dying from it is 1 in 15,000 if you are under 50yrs old? Think about that for a moment, and reflect. Really reflect.

An amazingly insane thing happened last month which no one is paying attention to. 4.3% of employed Americans were forced to QUIT their job in September -which is the highest in the HISTORY of America - because of the insanity of vaccine cult that you and your authoritarian leaders have shoved down the throats of Americans. And for what? For a therapeutic that provides a 20% decrease in transmission after 6 months? Sickening. To the highest degree.

I'm not a guy for using strong words but there is a time and place to say things strongly. Now is the time.

Have a gr8 week, y'all.