Mario Cristobal is a great recruiter.

Mario Cristobal is not a great coach. https://t.co/DSIKtRxQwF

— Big Foot Bailey (@KyleBaileyClub) September 25, 2022

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Re: CMC

Post by lmduck »

What transpired on Saturday in Pullman was very telling . Lanning has changed the culture.

My guess is if MC had been coaching that game they would have quit on him in the second half. He had zero ability to motivate and give the team confidence he could make adjustments. He had a simple game plan, he was going to out muscle the other team.

He lost the team on numerous occasions beyond the two Utah games last year.

It was also discussed in another thread, had he stayed many players would have hit the portal including Troy Franklin and Donte Thornton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

More than that, MC would have stuck to his core belief that ground and pound is the only way to gain ground on the opponent. It is his go to and he is of the mindset that his will is the difference maker in an outcome. He will assert it (or force it) to the bitter end.

Taking the leash off of the offense to attack through the air was the difference. Nix with 426 yards passing says it all - taking what the defense gives you.
northbeachsf
Freshman

Post by northbeachsf »

greenyellow wrote:I think most are just responding to the rather obnoxious Miami fans and media members who said Miami was already back.

^^^^^This. It has more to do with fans / media and less to do with Mario for me. They were clueless and were really obnoxious about it when it all went down, but we saw the handwriting on the wall.

Oregon fans should be pumped, we played this perfectly! When Willie left, Oregon was in desperate need of stability and someone who could continue to bring in blue chip talent. That was the most important gap to fill and Mario was a great solution for that.

Then, when Oregon was at the ceiling of what CMC could accomplish and things looked like they were going to tumble off a cliff due to poor game management, poor execution, poor conditioning, and poor player development, he bolts for another school and they give us $10M???

Can't make it up. We essentially won the lottery.
DuckMastaFunk
Five Star Recruit

Post by DuckMastaFunk »

OregonFan4Life wrote:I don’t desire to see him fail like I did for Willie Taggart and Scott Frost.
LOL!

What did Scott Frost do to you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

DuckMastaFunk wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:I don’t desire to see him fail like I did for Willie Taggart and Scott Frost.
LOL!

What did Scott Frost do to you? :lol: :lol: :lol:
The quote about how it’s impossible to recruit at Oregon really left a sour taste in my mouth.
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

His squad turned the ball over 8 times today lol. That's not what the turnover chain was supposed to celebrate!

Everyone should be glad he left here on his own :P
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

ducks5ever wrote:His squad turned the ball over 8 times today lol. That's not what the turnover chain was supposed to celebrate!

In their defense, 5 of those turnovers were committed by one single player, the backup QB who wasn’t even supposed to play, Van Dyke got injured in the 2nd quarter.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
ducks5ever wrote:His squad turned the ball over 8 times today lol. That's not what the turnover chain was supposed to celebrate!

In their defense, 5 of those turnovers were committed by one single player, the backup QB who wasn’t even supposed to play, Van Dyke got injured in the 2nd quarter.
Doesn’t that all come down to player development or the lack there of?
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Looking at Miami's remaining schedule, unless something miraculous happens they might not have another win. 2 games (based on records right now and who's the home team) are probably tossups. The other three the canes will probably be underdogs IMHO.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/t ... hurricanes
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

Post by lmduck »

And Mario committed a huge blunder after the game by saying that anyone who quit on the team yesterday needed to find someplace else to play. Maybe that comment should have not been said in public. Sort of like when he blew up on Kris Hutson in public (when he berated him on TV).

And speaking of quitting on his team…

squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

Alan wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Looks like his inability to develop the QB position is a trend.
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

Mario is going to have a tough time getting them bowl eligible with their remaining schedule.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Alan wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Eh, to a point, yes, but I don’t see people on here blaming Lanning for poor play and picks by Ty. I’m not saying it isn’t bad, but once I realized a backup QB had 5 turnovers alone, 8 didn’t seem quit as horrible.
lmduck
Four Star Recruit

CMC

Post by lmduck »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
Alan wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:

Eh, to a point, yes, but I don’t see people on here blaming Lanning for poor play and picks by Ty. I’m not saying it isn’t bad, but once I realized a backup QB had 5 turnovers alone, 8 didn’t seem quit as horrible.
I think the concensus has been MC did not develop Ty at all. He rarely let him play. DL and Dilly are likely starting from ground zero.

It's also been pretty well documented that MC and Morehead did not get along at all so guessing Morehead got little to no chance to have any impact on Ty.