CMC

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

dthomas=ddixon

Re: CMC

Post by dthomas=ddixon »

Miami finished with 98 total yards. Almost had as many penalty yards (58).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

Somehow they scored ten points
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Gotta give credit to noger, he was right about Mario the entire time, glad Mario left when he did!
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

He said they have to get backto work. That is all he knows to say.
Jesseisabeast
One Star Recruit

Post by Jesseisabeast »

rockthief wrote:He said they have to get backto work. That is all he knows to say.
Yep just keep hitting your head against that wall…..
pdxduck2013
Five Star Recruit

Post by pdxduck2013 »

So the real question is...does he last longer at Miami than Slick Willie did at FSU?
UofDuck
Senior

Post by UofDuck »

With Mario publicly calling out parents for whining this week, I assume the team is a total cluster. This could get ugly fast.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

UofDuck wrote:With Mario publicly calling out parents for whining this week, I assume the team is a total cluster. This could get ugly fast.

I can’t help but laugh. Willie was just a snake, MC at least was fair to Oregon when he left. For Duck fans it is very clear now to most everyone MC’s weaknesses, he is a control freak, who micro manages his teams to ruin, making everyone around him unpeg and unhappy, evidently that includes parents, lol. I do wish the best for Mario but he has a long bumpy road ahead.

“The grass is damn green in Eugene……. Oregon is a good place to be, not to be from”. It seems we have one hell of a coach, I hope we can keep him.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

dthomas=ddixon wrote:Mario is legitimately one of the best recruiters to ever do it. And I don’t see any reason why a DB wouldn’t want to play for him; he doesn’t work with them directly and their development will come down to who their position coach is. Under Mario we sent some incredible defensive players into the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only one defender he actually recruited as HC. The rest were Helf or FWT recruits. Mario never has shown the ability to coach up talent. We had 2 guys drafted last year? That’s not good considering the talent level on paper he had.
TheDrake
Two Star Recruit

Post by TheDrake »

Mario finishes 5-7 after getting blown out by Pitt. Tough year!
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

TheDrake wrote:Mario finishes 5-7 after getting blown out by Pitt. Tough year!
Very difficult to imagine at the start of the season, considering the star-studded coaching staff they had. (also a very expensive one; i believe the assistant pool was over $8MM)

Josh Gattis (oc) - was a hot young name after he did well at Michigan the prior season
Frank Ponce (qb) - was the oc at app state - one of the best non-power 5 fbs programs out there
Kevin Steele (dc) - was a (failing) hc, served as dc for multiple programs in the sec over the years
Jahmile Addae (cb) - from Georgia's championship team staff, was a top recruiter
charlie Strong (lb) - ex-hc at a few programs (and did ok at them), went through Saban's rehab program

he took a number of ex-Oregon assistants with him (they weren't that great, nor did they have as good of a resume)
- Salavae, Mirabal, Feld
greenyellow

Post by greenyellow »

It's been one year since Mario left.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

ducks5ever wrote:
TheDrake wrote:Mario finishes 5-7 after getting blown out by Pitt. Tough year!
Very difficult to imagine at the start of the season, considering the star-studded coaching staff they had. (also a very expensive one; i believe the assistant pool was over $8MM)

Josh Gattis (oc) - was a hot young name after he did well at Michigan the prior season
Frank Ponce (qb) - was the oc at app state - one of the best non-power 5 fbs programs out there
Kevin Steele (dc) - was a (failing) hc, served as dc for multiple programs in the sec over the years
Jahmile Addae (cb) - from Georgia's championship team staff, was a top recruiter
charlie Strong (lb) - ex-hc at a few programs (and did ok at them), went through Saban's rehab program

he took a number of ex-Oregon assistants with him (they weren't that great, nor did they have as good of a resume)
- Salavae, Mirabal, Feld

Gattis has always been a bad OC, and then you add MC and his micromanagement and you get an even worse O..