Kellen Moore is new Chargers OC

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

greenyellow

Kellen Moore is new Chargers OC

Post by greenyellow »

The Chargers have hired former BSU QB and Dallas OC Kellen Moore as their new OC.
squintsdd
Sophomore

Re: Kellen Moore is new Chargers OC

Post by squintsdd »

I like this hire. With an increased use of the run game, this should take a lot of pressure off Herbert. I would also expect to see more shots downfield
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Dallas is in the top five in the league in most offensive categories.
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

nogerO wrote:Dallas is in the top five in the league in most offensive categories.
They've been pretty highly ranked in most categories during his time when you factor in the Dak leg injury. Coaching in Dallas under Jerry can't be an easy thing to do either.

I think that they hired him so quickly also shows how regarded he's thought of.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Dak vs SF, was pretty bad. I imagine if he did what he did with Dallas offense with a not great QB, and an over the hill RB, he should be able to really get the chargers O going. As long as the OL stays healthy and gives Herbert more than a second the throw.

He was horrible. And the thing is, Dallas had open WRs, but he missed them.
Last edited by buckmarkduck on Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GrandpaDuck
Senior

Post by GrandpaDuck »

I have no opinion on Moore one way or the other. Hope he does great. But

Any OC will look good (even Lombardi returning) with just average health next year. The injury ridden O-line sucked hurting both the running game and any pass that required 3 seconds of protection. The receiving core sucked due to all the injuries.

The running backs are mediocre at rushing so they need help with good offensive line play.

With a healthy O-Line and healthy Allan and Williams they'll be much better. I am hoping the draft gives them depth in the O-line and some speed and depth in the receiving corp.

The draft will be funny as there isn't one glaring need but a boost in several spots would be helpful. I saw 4 Mock drafts and they all used the projected 1st pick for 4 different positions. If I had but one draft pick it would be a right tackle I think. Maybe a run stopper DL. If I had only 4 picks it would be a DT, RT, WR, TE.

What I most hope for from Moore is better play calling on fourth and short when the HC decides to go for it.