NFL Playoffs Discussion Thread

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

nogerO
Senior

Re: NFL Playoffs Discussion Thread

Post by nogerO »

Tray Dub wrote:Jimmy G is a mediocre QB but quarterbacks worse than him have won super bowls. That 49ers D is stout, Shanahan is as good a coach as anyone, and they've been tested and come through as much as anyone this year. I'm a believer.

Mediocre??? :lol:
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Never imagined Tennessee crushing Baltimore like this. Tannehill is such a lucky person, average at best QB with a team that’s playing out of their minds. Marcus has to play out of his mind with a below average team to win a playoff game. Oregon QB’s have terrible luck in the NFL.
X2, can’t believe what the Titans are doing. It is hard for me to cheer for them since they benched MM, but I still like Henry..... but I find it hard to like them as a team...... so I don’t! I hope their season ends next week and Marcus can get the hell out and give me a new team to like!...... 49’s would be nice! Lol
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Same ever since the Titans benched Marcus , I couldn’t root for them unless I disliked the other team more .
When Mariota was starting , as long as they weren’t playing the Seahawks , I would root for the Titans but now the team I’m rooting unless they play the Titans are the Chiefs
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Merganzer wrote:
Phalanx wrote:I love watching the intros every week for the 49ers' defense: "Arik Armstead - Oregon", "Deforest Buckner - Oregon". Anchors of one of the best defensive lines in football. They both made great plays (including one sack each)today in a playoff win vs. the Vikings. I understand that most here are Seahawk fans (although why Oregon fans like any team from Seattle is beyond me), but these two guys are doing by far the best repping for the ducks in the NFL.
I guess is pretty advanced thinking 8-) I've hated the Hussies with a burning passion for as long as I knew what one was, Sonny Sixkiller, but I've been a Seahawks fan since their inception, heck, the Mariners too.

Yah and even in college if I had to choose say between the Huskies and USC for example , I would easily go with the Huskies . I utterly despise USC and in general I tend to really dislike great California teams (Lakers and from 2016-2019 the Warriors in the NBA , Niners in NFL , and Trojans in College ). The worst case scenario for me in the NFL would be Niners vs Pats cause I despise both teams equally , Alabama/Auburn vs USC cause I would have to root for USC cause I despise Alabama/Auburn even more .
ducks5ever
Four Star Recruit

Post by ducks5ever »

Mariota is a high character guy and I like him a lot. I wonder if he wasn't able to push enough out of the rest of his team, especially the O-line. You look at Tannenhill's stats throughout the last two game and it's not like they're that much better than Mariota's. Tannenhill has made some good throws but he's thrown for less than 100 yards in each of the last two games. I would like to believe that Mariota could pass for at least 100 yards in each of those games so the difference is how much each was able to push out of their team...
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Well now that Seattle got dumped by Cal Bear Aaron Rodgers and his merry band of cheeseheads, Oregon fans need not be encumbered by unnatural allegiance to teams from Huskyville, you are free to root for the best Ducks in the NFL by a long way. Go Niners!
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

Go Pack Go!
"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift." - Steve Prefontaine
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

The Seahawks defense totally blew that game in every way possible . Also missing that FG , and not going for it on fourth down in the end cost them also . Its also funny to see how the Ducks and the Seahawks have basically turned into the opposite of themselves from the early-mid 10s . The Ducks then were known for high octane offense and that’s what made them great while the Seahawks were known for a dominant defense . This year the Ducks defense was the dominant part and bailed them out of so many games while their offense cost the Ducks dearly against Auburn , AZ State and nearly WI while the Seahawks this year relied on their offense to win while their defense cost them a chance at the title .

Anyway now go Chiefs (I just cannot root for the Niners)

Phalanx wrote:Well now that Seattle got dumped by Cal Bear Aaron Rodgers and his merry band of cheeseheads, Oregon fans need not be encumbered by unnatural allegiance to teams from Huskyville, you are free to root for the best Ducks in the NFL by a long way. Go Niners!
Is it unnatural for Husky fans to be Blazers fans as well and in that case there was an actual Rivalry between the two north west teams while in the NFL the Seahawks have always been the only team representing the North West .
pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

Phalanx wrote:Well now that Seattle got dumped by Cal Bear Aaron Rodgers and his merry band of cheeseheads, Oregon fans need not be encumbered by unnatural allegiance to teams from Huskyville, you are free to root for the best Ducks in the NFL by a long way. Go Niners!
All Seahawks fans are huskies imo
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

pudgejeff wrote:
Bull. Some of Oregon's best have come from Washington.
nogerO
Senior

Post by nogerO »

pudgejeff wrote:
Ding! Ding! Ding! Johnny tell that man what he’s won...
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

GO PACK GO!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Go Chiefs
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

pudgejeff wrote:
Seriously? Click bait?
Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

Very satisfying win vs. the Packers; Armstead gets another delicious sack. Bring on the Chiefs!