Your favorite and least favorite Sports Moments

Post by Blazers-1977 »

Favorite For me:

1. Lillard's Buzzer Beater vs Housten
2. Roy's leads the Blazers from 23 points down vs the Mavs
3. Ducks Clinch the BCS Title Game with a win in the 2010 Civil War
4. CJ McCollum seals Blazers trip to WCF
5. Lillard's Buzzer Beater vs OKC
6. Jameis Winston's fumble seals Semi-Final Victory(There are many moments from the 2014 season but this gotta be number 1)
7. Seahawks win Super Bowl
8. Oregon blows out USC in 2009
9. Russell Wilson's spike in 2012 Rose Bowl runs out the clock , giving Oregon first Rose Bowl win in 95 years
10. Richard Sherman's interception against the Niners

Least Favorite:

1. Oregon loses BCS Title Game on Last Second Field Goal
2. Brandon Roy Retires due to injuries
3. Blazers blow 17 point lead to Warriors in Game 3 of WCF
4. Oregon loses to Stanford in 2012 on two missed Field Goal's
5. Seahawks throw the ball instead of running it with Lynch(the fact that they won it the previous year made the moment far less bad than it would have without it)
6. Dixon's injury costs us 2007 season(I was out of town when this happened so it didnt hit me as it would have if I watched this live. If I watched it live it would have been number 3)
7. LaMarcus Aldridge Leaving Portland
8. Wesley Matthews's injury
9. 2015 National Title Game defeat
10. Oregon loses Final Four due to missing Offensive Rebound

Man The Blazers and the Ducks have such bad luck
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Re: Your favorite and least favorite Sports Moments

Post by OregonFan4Life »

10 is way too many for me. I’ll give 3:

Top:
1. Going to the 2010 Civil War and watching Oregon finish 12-0
2. Getting good seats to watch the Spurs win game 3 of the second round playoff matchup in 2014, and for the first time got to watch my fav athlete of all time, Tim Duncan, play in person.
3. Fright night 2009! Fun game that was the beginning of Oregon climbing to the top of the PAC.

Bottom:
1. Watching Oregon choke against Stanford in 2012 in Autzen. Oregon was going to win the natty that year and I was at the game next to obnoxious Stanford fans. I’ll never forgive Alejandro Maldonado.
2. Watching Auburn kick that final field goal to win the natty over Oregon.
3. Watching Popovich take out Duncan in game 6 of the 2013 Finals to only see the Heat get an offensive rebound that led to a 3 for two consecutive possessions, and the Spurs lost that game in OT and the series. If Pop kept Duncan in they for sure would’ve been champions.
Last edited by OregonFan4Life on Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Lillard's Buzzer Beater vs OKC and Ducks beating Colorado in Fiesta Bowl were super big ones. I was at the Lillard buzzer beater game, so that's part of it.

Also Oregon beating Oklahoma was a big one too.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

2001 loss to Stanford still stings me to this day. I remember playing little league baseball and getting the news we lost to Stanford at home, after being told an hour before Oregon had a comfortable lead. Ew. And kept us out of the Natty.

Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Lillard's Buzzer Beater vs OKC and Ducks beating Colorado in Fiesta Bowl were super big ones. I was at the Lillard buzzer beater game, so that's part of it.

You were at that game , how lucky. I have a question , how loud did the Rose Garden (the Blazers stadium’s real name) get after he made that shot .

UOducksTK1 wrote:2001 loss to Stanford still stings me to this day. I remember playing little league baseball and getting the news we lost to Stanford at home, after being told an hour before Oregon had a comfortable lead. Ew. And kept us out of the Natty.

I get 2001 being worse at the time than 2012 but I would say 2012 with hindsight was a much worse loss as Oregon would have most likely beaten Notre Dame in the BCS title game while nobody was beating that Miami team in 2001(they make even 2004 USC look ordinary) .
Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

Favorite
1. 1970: Oregon 78 UCLA 65. My first game in Mac Court.
2. 1976: Oregon snaps UCLA 98 home game winning streak, 65-45; started game, 20-0.
3. 2002: Fiesta Bowl: Oregon 38 Colorado 16
4. 2009: Fright Night
5. 2009: Oregon 44 Arizona 41 2 OT
6. 1977: Blazers over 76ers in 6.

Worst
1. 2011: Auburn 22 Oregon 19
2. 2007: Dixon goes down
3. 2012: Stanford 17 Oregon 14 OT
4. 1978: Trail Blazers start out 50-10, then the injuries start.
duckfan22
Senior

Post by duckfan22 »

Merganzer wrote: Favorite
2. 1976: Oregon snaps UCLA 98 home game winning streak, 65-45; started game, 20-0.

Worst

1974 feb 16th Mac court Oregon vs Ucla #1 Used to play ball at the emu courts under the
pit. Got in even tho in high school as we knew someone. Met Ron Lee and Greg Ballard
playing there.. we had no chance but fun watching.. got student tickets to that game.
it was unreal watching the score board swaying. 56-51 ducks amazing game. Walton fell into
student section a couple of times and they thought it was fun to pull the hair on his legs..

That was the pit at its finest.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Blazers-1977 wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Lillard's Buzzer Beater vs OKC and Ducks beating Colorado in Fiesta Bowl were super big ones. I was at the Lillard buzzer beater game, so that's part of it.

You were at that game , how lucky. I have a question , how loud did the Rose Garden (the Blazers stadium’s real name) get after he made that shot .

UOducksTK1 wrote:2001 loss to Stanford still stings me to this day. I remember playing little league baseball and getting the news we lost to Stanford at home, after being told an hour before Oregon had a comfortable lead. Ew. And kept us out of the Natty.

I get 2001 being worse at the time than 2012 but I would say 2012 with hindsight was a much worse loss as Oregon would have most likely beaten Notre Dame in the BCS title game while nobody was beating that Miami team in 2001(they make even 2004 USC look ordinary) .
It was definitely loud, but more than loud it was crazy how LONG it lasted. It was loud for like 5 minutes straight after he scored. It was also wild how people were also jumping around and celebrating 5 minutes after he hit the shot too. It was wild for at LEAST 5 minutes, if not 10. Haha, so fun! It was like my 5th date with My fiance (girlfriend at the time), so that made it extra special too.

For whatever reason, the 2001 was more scarring and still bothers me. Maybe it was because I was younger and the beginnings of Oregon football starting to get exciting again.

Merganzer
Senior

Post by Merganzer »

duckfan22 wrote:
Merganzer wrote: Favorite

Worst

1974 feb 16th Mac court Oregon vs Ucla #1 Used to play ball at the emu courts under the
pit. Got in even tho in high school as we knew someone. Met Ron Lee and Greg Ballard
playing there.. we had no chance but fun watching.. got student tickets to that game.
it was unreal watching the score board swaying. 56-51 ducks amazing game. Walton fell into
student section a couple of times and they thought it was fun to pull the hair on his legs..

That was the pit at its finest.
I could have filled the lists with "Kamikazi Kids" I got Ronnie Lee's autograph so many times, I can't remember. That game, got the Ducks on the cover of, SI, "The Lost Weekend", Bruce Coldren, started 8-9, finished, 12-14. Another amazing Ducks-Bruins game was in '76, at UCLA, Lee is gone. The game is down to its last seconds, UCLA leads 60-59, but with maybe 1 second left, GB is fouled. He hits the first, to tie the game, then the second gives the Ducks the lead. Bruins inbound, game over, Ducks wn, 61-60.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
Blazers-1977 wrote:

It was definitely loud, but more than loud it was crazy how LONG it lasted. It was loud for like 5 minutes straight after he scored. It was also wild how people were also jumping around and celebrating 5 minutes after he hit the shot too. It was wild for at LEAST 5 minutes, if not 10. Haha, so fun! It was like my 5th date with My fiance (girlfriend at the time), so that made it extra special too.

For whatever reason, the 2001 was more scarring and still bothers me. Maybe it was because I was younger and the beginnings of Oregon football starting to get exciting again.

That is amazing, I despite not being at the game, was screaming for more than 5 minutes after that shot was made lol. Nothing though will top the Housten shot IMO, as if Lillard missed that shot we would have lost that game and the series would go to a game 7 in Houston and the Blazers at that point hadnt made it out of the first round in 14 years. Brandon Roy's 23 point comeback is also up there and I was screaming like crazy after that 4 point play.

As for worst I am happy I was too young during the 2000 WCF cause if I was old enough to know what was going on, that loss would have been by far the worst sports moments ever. The Blazers were up 15 points with less than 10 minutes left then choked it massively by missing 13 straight shots and losing its best chance since 1977 of a title given how weak the east was then. The fact that it happened against not only against our most hated Rivals, the Lakers but that Laker team makes it even worse as that Laker team is probably the most detestable team in NBA history outside the bad boy pistons.
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

Wow.
You guys are all very young. :lol:
bellsduck
Senior
GM: Utah Jazz

Post by bellsduck »

If we're talking all sports. My favorite and least favorite Ducks moments would be a different list

My 3 favorite
1. Blazers win their only championship.
2. Miracle on Ice
3. The catch

Least favorite
1. Game Seven 2000 NBA Western Conference Finals Blazers lose to Lakers
2. Tie
A) Blazers draft Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan
B) Blazers draft Greg Oden over Kevin Durant
3. Steve Bartman game. I'm not a Cubs fan. Just can't stand the backlash that guy got.
rockthief
Senior

Post by rockthief »

It killed most of us when DeAnthony Thomas did not block for Marcus on the "should have been a touchdown" run.
Cliff Harris had a pick in the Auburn game and we got ripped off when it was denied.

The Pick was awesome.
Blazers-1977
Two Star Recruit

Post by Blazers-1977 »

rockthief wrote:It killed most of us when DeAnthony Thomas did not block for Marcus on the "should have been a touchdown" run.
Cliff Harris had a pick in the Auburn game and we got ripped off when it was denied.

The Pick was awesome.
It seems like Oregon sports teams are cursed:

Blazers choke 15 point lead in Game 7 of WCF in worst way possible, then collapse due to massive chemistry issues then after they recover from the Jail Blazers era , Brandon Roy's career gets cut short due to injuries, then in 2015 Matthews goes down for the season with injuries and Aldridge injures his finger and uptil that point we were definitely one of the top 3 teams in the NBA and posed huge matchup problems for one of the two teams better than us, than in 2019 Nurkic goes down with injury, Kanter injures his shoulder and Lillard injures his Hip runing the best chance the Blazers had of going to the Finals since 1992.

The Oregon Ducks Football team over and over seem cursed too: Dixon going down in 07 when we seemed on road to win a title, Refs Robbing us in the 2011 BCS Title Game, our FG Kicker missing two easy field goals against Stanford in 2012 which stopped us basically from winning a Title along with the BS BCS System, Our WR core being injured for the 2015 Title Game, Breeland getting injured this past season.

Heck other than the Seahawks 2013 season you could say the entire North West seems cursed because the Mariners totally choked every year they had a chance of winning it all from 01-03 and have basically been in non stop rebuilding status since the 04 season, the Seahawks were arguably robbed by the refs in Super Bowl XL lost the worst way possible in Super Bowl XLIX which was followed by the Legion of Boom self-destructing, and of course worst of all the Sonics Relocated.
stlDUCKfan
Pac-12 Prediction Winner!

Post by stlDUCKfan »

I've been fairly lucky as sports go. I'm originally from St. Louis, so I've seen 2 WS (1 in person), 1 SB win, 1 Stanley Cup win.

I will say though my worst sports moment is 2012 Stanford Oregon. Many reasons. 1: they would have (IMO) won the National Championship. 2: I traveled 2000+ miles to witness it in person. It was rainy, I was wet and cold and sleep deprived. For excited as I was to be there in the beginning, it seriously bummed me out for a while. It still hurts when I think about it.

I've seen my other teams lose, but I think the combination of being there in person and having your team be probably the best team that year (and having no championships) it really, really hurt.