Coronavirus, a threat or media hype?

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: Coronavirus, a threat or media hype?

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Congrats indeed! How exciting!

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

Congrats! Savor every minute, I goes by so fast.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Being able to be home to watch that early development is a special gift.

Stay healthy and protect your loved ones!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

pezsez1
All Pac-12

Post by pezsez1 »

Being able to be home to watch that early development is a special gift.
Totally!!!

Like I said, I definitely have a bit of anxiety over what's happening now... but if I have to build an airlock and keep family sitting out on the front lawn, I'll do it, and I'll do it happily. :) The baby won't care as long as we're happy and loving.
Willie Taggart is a dick.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

We actually did that to my family for a while when my son was born, back in 1977... They had a bad habit of showing up with compromised health.

They learned, so will your family!

justducky0
Senior

Post by justducky0 »

So still media hype? lol
Phenom
All Pac-12

Post by Phenom »

justducky0 wrote:So still media hype? lol
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Tax filing deadline extended to July 15, tax accountants like me everywhere are depressed.
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:Tax filing deadline extended to July 15, tax accountants like me everywhere are depressed.
Ha, I thought maybe some relief mixed in with the dread of things dragging on. Not the case?
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:Tax filing deadline extended to July 15, tax accountants like me everywhere are depressed.
Ha, I thought maybe some relief mixed in with the dread of things dragging on. Not the case?
Well, it's mixed emotions for sure. We accountants don't like change, so any big change we're immediately against, but as time goes on we warm up to it. One thing that's nice as a tax accountant is getting a majority of our hours and work in 3 months, then the rest of the year is easy and relaxed. Obviously that isn't the case now. But at the same time, at least in my office, there's been some anxiety, fear, and stress, so reducing hours can give some temporary relief from the crazy which can be good. There's good and bad. For me personally, this will ruin my vacation plans in late June through early July (if the coronavirus didn't already, but screw my vacation, people's health is more important) and I also feel that extending the deadline only makes sense if the nation does go on lockdown giving CPA's more time to prepare. But if they don't, then it seems counter-intuitive to encourage people with refunds to file ASAP while giving them an extended deadline. I think for the time being, extending the payment deadline to July 15 while keeping the filing deadline April 15 was the right move, and then changing the filing deadline to June 15 if there are any plans to put us on lockdown (maybe even longer), when that time comes.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Glad my taxes are handled, even if I did have to pay fed... Had to do an emergency draw on the IRA, due to medical bills.

Weird thing is, even with the current wild fluctuations in the investment market, I'm still ahead of where my position was prior to drawing out the money.

Hopefully it's not worthless by the end of the year.

OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

This from the guy who wants coaches fired after a 3 and out on offense.

Among that information is still plenty that suggests that social distancing is how this has been slowed to date and that the actions taken to stem it have been appropriate.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

Duck07 wrote:
This from the guy who wants coaches fired after a 3 and out on offense.

Among that information is still plenty that suggests that social distancing is how this has been slowed to date and that the actions taken to stem it have been appropriate.
Great ad hominem attack to start off.

The position of the article actually supported social distancing and other precautionary measures. The main point is that the mainstream media has portrayed stats in a misleading way causing an unnecessary mass hysteria. Covid-19 is something to take seriously, but not something worth creating a widespread panic for.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Good news, today, I gues... My 9 year old Granddaughter in Tennessee had been under quarantine, along with the rest of her household, for a week. She had ben waiting for the Covid-19 test to be processed.

We got the results, today. Negative! Woo to the Hoo.

Only problem is, it wasn't Covid, but she has had Walking Pneumonia for 2 weeks, which they didn't begin treating until late yesterday.

Fever was consistently at or near 102, with sore throat, cough, chills, hot flashes, plus vomiting, over the last 2 weeks. Her temp hasn't been above 99 in the last 24 hours.

Take your blessings where you get them, Ducks!