Dabo is a moron

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Re: Dabo is a moron

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote: Good post, I’m not a Dabo fan by any means but it’s easy to be hated for success and for people to claim the hatred is for other reasons. Fact is he’s dominating college football right now. Only thing I’ll say is that about your 2nd point and how religious he is, there’s been reports that on the sideline during games he’s very vulgar. That’s the only reason I’ve heard for people claiming he’s a religious hypocrite.
His success has absolutely nothing with my believing that he's a piece of s***. His success has shown a spotlight on him so that I knew he's a piece of s***, but if he lost all his games and still held the same beliefs, he wouldn't be any less a piece of s***.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote: Good post, I’m not a Dabo fan by any means but it’s easy to be hated for success and for people to claim the hatred is for other reasons. Fact is he’s dominating college football right now. Only thing I’ll say is that about your 2nd point and how religious he is, there’s been reports that on the sideline during games he’s very vulgar. That’s the only reason I’ve heard for people claiming he’s a religious hypocrite.
His success has absolutely nothing with my believing that he's a piece of s***. His success has shown a spotlight on him so that I knew he's a piece of s***, but if he lost all his games and still held the same beliefs, he wouldn't be any less a piece of s***.
You haven't given any reasons besides him not wanting players to get paid which if that's the case there's a lot of pieces of s*** out there in your eyes. Do you have any other reasons besides that?
karlhungis
All Pac-12

Post by karlhungis »

I didn't say he was too religious. I said he strikes me as a charlatan. You may believe his act but I don't. I think he uses it as a recruiting tool and I think that is particularly slimy. But hey, if you like it, I'm not here to stop you.
OregonFan4life -
My source just said Chip is officially back!
It will be announced at Autzen press conference tomorrow afternoon!
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote: You haven't given any reasons besides him not wanting players to get paid which if that's the case there's a lot of pieces of s*** out there in your eyes. Do you have any other reasons besides that?
Realize what you're asking. One develops an opinion of others over a long period and many events, all of which have circumstantial factors. So what you want is me to sum up these years of instances that have fed into what has become my opinion of someone into something that is short, digestible, and likely to be something you'll agree with. I'm going to pass on this multiple day assignment, sir. I'm not going to go diving through every soundbite I've ever watched of Dabo Swinney over the years.
woundedknees
All-American

Post by woundedknees »

Does Dumbo use his religion as a recruiting tool?

Oh, heck yeah!

I can remember several big time recruits Oregon was competing with Clemson for, sitting at the hat table, listing his spiritual leadership as a major reason Dabo was the mentor of their dreams, while Mama tearfully celebrated in the background.

That being said, a huge part of being a successful salesman is selling yourself, even if it is a glorified caricature created by the recruiting department.

Dumb... like a Fox!
Autzen Stadium... Where great teams go to die...Hard!

Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:
OregonFan4Life wrote: You haven't given any reasons besides him not wanting players to get paid which if that's the case there's a lot of pieces of s*** out there in your eyes. Do you have any other reasons besides that?
Realize what you're asking. One develops an opinion of others over a long period and many events, all of which have circumstantial factors. So what you want is me to sum up these years of instances that have fed into what has become my opinion of someone into something that is short, digestible, and likely to be something you'll agree with. I'm going to pass on this multiple day assignment, sir. I'm not going to go diving through every soundbite I've ever watched of Dabo Swinney over the years.
:?
squintsdd
Sophomore

Post by squintsdd »

I actually agree that players shouldn't get paid. They are offered way more tools and benefits that other college students are forced to go into years of debt for. How they choose to use those tools is their decision, and on them. The money generated by athletics should go into additional scholarship programs, or put to use in an effort to make getting an education less expensive for all.