Meanwhile in SLC...

Moderators: greenyellow, UOducksTK1

gogreen55
Senior

Meanwhile in SLC...

Post by gogreen55 »

Defensive Coordinator Morgan Scalley, the star of the Utah coaching staff and presumed head-coach-in-waiting, is caught dropping the n-word in a tweet to at least one recruit. He also called one of his own players the n-word during practice. I mean, seriously? It would be bad enough if he were caught doing this in private conversations with friends/relatives. The fact he is dropping n-bombs on freaking recruits and his own players is hard to fathom. Even if he somehow manages to keep his job, it is hard to imagine this not forever haunting him on the recruiting trail.

https://sports.yahoo.com/utah-dc-morgan ... 35067.html
Alan
Senior

Re: Meanwhile in SLC...

Post by Alan »

We know how Jonathan Smith reacted, it will be interesting to see what Utah does

Edit to add: I see this was a tweet from seven years ago, certainly has zero bearing on it being okay or better in anyway, just makes think lots of folks doing lots of digging to find things on public figures.
Last edited by Alan on Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
JBB
Two Star Recruit

Post by JBB »

No politics, or is that allowed on this thread?

Your source is yahoo. You have to default to the position it’s not true. Yahoo is just another home of fake news if not outright lies.

And so what if he said itt? Big deal. Go burn a city down or something.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

JBB wrote:No politics, or is that allowed on this thread?

Your source is yahoo. You have to default to the position it’s not true. Yahoo is just another home of fake news if not outright lies.

Lol, you have survived this long, it is not the time to turn into a pain in the butt troll....... too late?
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

A former player has also said he called him the N work. At what point is Whit held to some sort of responsibility here? The text was meant for other coaches. So you're telling.me the HC had no idea his coaches talked this way?
Tray Dub
All Pac-12

Post by Tray Dub »

The story as I understand it is, he sent a text about landing a black recruit, saying "I can recruit n******s," TO THE RECRUIT'S FAMILY, when he meant to send it to other coaches. So, first of all, he's a piece of s***, this is not like singing rap lyrics, it's abhorrent. Second, it raises a ton of questions about that coaching staff, if he thinks he can talk like that with them.

I haven't found a screenshot of the text because the tweet's been deleted. But I'm very inclined to believe this happened because another Utah player said this guy also called him the n-word, and because the coach apologized at the time.

This isn't PC overreach, this guy sucks, he's done.
Alan
Senior

Post by Alan »

He needs to be done!
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

The tweet that brought this to light

Below is what’s believed to be the social-media missive that set the wheels of suspension in motion.

Scalley should I show them the proof or do you want to clear this up? Just in case you forgot it’s the text message you meant to send to the other coaches but accidentally sent to the recruit.. Remember the one you stated you were able to “recruit 4 N……? ‘ coach….????

— Dani Mosley (@prettiDan) June 1, 2020

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... cist-text/
FlDuckFan
All Pac-12
GM: Orlando Magic GM

Post by FlDuckFan »

Alan wrote:
JBB wrote:No politics, or is that allowed on this thread?

Lol, you have survived this long, it is not the time to turn into a pain in the butt troll....... too late?
Hines playing the long con?
Duck07
All-American

Post by Duck07 »

Bunch of Iowa players are saying the SC coach is a POS.
buckmarkduck
All-American

Post by buckmarkduck »

Duck07 wrote:Bunch of Iowa players are saying the SC coach is a POS.

O have a feeling this has just started. Of course Dabo gets of without so much as a stern talking too.
maxduck
Senior

Post by maxduck »

And he is now on administrative leave.

Iowa head football coach Kirk Ferentz has placed strength and conditioning coach Chris Doyle on administrative leave after several former players shared stories of racial disparities within the program. Several of those stories involved Doyle.

There will be an independent review into the allegations made by former players.

https://saturdaytradition.com/iowa-foot ... r-players/