Post by Bud Lee »

Ohio state Oregon out. I wonder if all conferences are going to do this
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin
GM: Boston Celtics GM

Re: BIG 10 ONLY PLAYING CONFERENCE GAMES

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Ohio State would be safer traveling to Eugene than to Illinois.... Doesn't really make sense.

Do Not Fear. Isaiah 41:13
StevensTechU
All Pac-12

Post by StevensTechU »

UOducksTK1 wrote:Ohio State would be safer traveling to Eugene than to Illinois.... Doesn't really make sense.

Less contact is safer than more contact.

I wonder if they'll reschedule.
OregonFan4Life
All-American

Post by OregonFan4Life »

StevensTechU wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:Ohio State would be safer traveling to Eugene than to Illinois.... Doesn't really make sense.

At this point, it seems like there will just be no college football this fall. I'd almost prefer that than this weird conference only schedule. That doesn't seem like it'll actually be effective. I'm all for spring football!
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

StevensTechU wrote:

Oregon has 0 deaths under the age of 55 due to covid. Thousands of other things are more dangerous for that age group. Again Illinois is a mess.

pudgejeff
Senior
GM: Sacramento Kings GM

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

Oregon has 0 deaths under the age of 55 due to covid. Thousands of other things are more dangerous for that age group. Again Illinois is a mess.
Types of travel. I assume it will be bus only, which removes all sorts of extra contact and allows the school more control to attempt to protect the students.

And I'm so tired of that dumb argument, the people being infected aren't the only ones being put at risk. Everyone else they come in to contact is as well. So selfish, it just blows my mind.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

Types of travel. I assume it will be bus only, which removes all sorts of extra contact and allows the school more control to attempt to protect the students.

And I'm so tired of that dumb argument, the people being infected aren't the only ones being put at risk. Everyone else they come in to contact is as well. So selfish, it just blows my mind.
Bus ride to Eugene. Easy.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

So who is being selfish, the people asking everyone to plant a perpetual hedge around them even when they aren't around, or the people who aren't at risk just wanting to live their lives after months of isolation? Maybe you should unblow your mind and listen to what you are demanding of everyone. Instead of bubble boy living in a bubble, you are asking everyone else to.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Phalanx wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

So who is being selfish, the people asking everyone to plant a perpetual hedge around them even when they aren't around, or the people who aren't at risk just wanting to live their lives after months of isolation? Maybe you should unblow your mind and listen to what you are demanding of everyone. Instead of bubble boy living in a bubble, you are asking everyone else to.
They're asking people to wear a mask when in places where other people are. That's not living in a bubble. I'm not sure why I'm in engaging you, you've shown how strong your straw man game is in the past, and a'int nobody got time for that.

Again to prove my point, "the people who aren't at risk just wanting to live their lives after months of isolation". Do you know who puts people at risk? The people not at risk as you say(although a surprising amount of the are actually at risk just not death but that's besides the point), as they get it and it spreads it eventually spreads to those at risk. So instead of having their lives a little diffrent for a while and wearing a pesky mask for 15 minutes a day, they'd rather just say screw it, I'll probably be okay and I'm sure no one I might infect will infect anyone else either.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

pudgejeff wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

They're asking people to wear a mask when in places where other people are. That's not living in a bubble. I'm not sure why I'm in engaging you, you've shown how strong your straw man game is in the past, and a'int nobody got time for that.

Again to prove my point, "the people who aren't at risk just wanting to live their lives after months of isolation". Do you know who puts people at risk? The people not at risk as you say(although a surprising amount of the are actually at risk just not death but that's besides the point), as they get it and it spreads it eventually spreads to those at risk. So instead of having their lives a little diffrent for a while and wearing a pesky mask for 15 minutes a day, they'd rather just say screw it, I'll probably be okay and I'm sure no one I might infect will infect anyone else either.
Tobacco kills more than 8 million people each year. More than 7 million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while around 1.2 million are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke.

But no one cares. Selective caring.

Phalanx
Senior

Post by Phalanx »

pudgejeff wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

I'm trying to find in this thread where a mask was even mentioned. The conversation is about whether a football team full of young, healthy athletes who are likely being tested regularly should be able to travel to Oregon to play a game or not, and to what degree coming to Oregon is more dangerous than busing around the Big 10 in more populated areas. Someone brought up that we have had zero deaths under 55 in Oregon. Your response was how selfish that argument is, since any travel at all would bring Ohio cooties to Oregon,etc. I'm not making a straw man, you are literally arguing that there should be no travel because people with no symptoms and no risk might still pass everything on by playing a football game. Bringing up 15-minute masks is a red herring, unless you think that Ohio State players can come to play here if they wear a mask for 15 minutes. Did I misunderstand your argument?
Last edited by Phalanx on Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UOducksTK1
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by UOducksTK1 »

Like I said, bus ride to Eugene is safer than a bus ride to Illinois!

pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

UOducksTK1 wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Phalanx wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
UOducksTK1 wrote:
StevensTechU wrote:

Tobacco kills more than 8 million people each year. More than 7 million of those deaths are the result of direct tobacco use while around 1.2 million are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke.

But no one cares. Selective caring.
Lots of people care, literally millions and millions. It's why it's banned in so many places, including in people's own personal cars. Like, almost the opposite of what you said. I'd argue the only reason it's still legal in general is the amount of money that has been lobbied on its behalf. This in reference to the U.S., I don't know a lot about the fight for or against in most other countries other than that I'm pretty sure the U.S. is quite a bit lower than most and has made the most progress towards getting people to quit.
pudgejeff
Senior

Post by pudgejeff »

Phalanx wrote:
pudgejeff wrote:
Phalanx wrote:

I'm trying to find in this thread where a mask was even mentioned. The conversation is about whether a football team full of young, healthy athletes who are likely being tested regularly should be able to travel to Oregon to play a game or not, and to what degree coming to Oregon is more dangerous than busing around the Big 10 in more populated areas. Someone brought up that we have had zero deaths under 55 in Oregon. Your response was how selfish that argument is, since any travel at all would bring Ohio cooties to Oregon,etc. I'm not making a straw man, you are literally arguing that there should be no travel because people with no symptoms and no risk might still pass everything on by playing a football game. Bringing up 15-minute masks is a red herring, unless you think that Ohio State players can come to play here if they wear a mask for 15 minutes. Did I misunderstand your argument?
My comment about the masks was in response to your "the people asking everyone to plant a perpetual hedge around them even when they aren't around". It isn't about "cooties" it's about contact, and where each is brought to and limiting contact. But again, just reading your statement and adding cooties to the conversation reminded my why I have zero desire to engage in a conversation with you. I didn't argue there should be no travel, I commented on the likely reason they chose to play regional games instead games across the country. At no point did I include that any of that was what I thought they should or shouldn't do. I bid you adieu, as none of this serves any purpose, you are entrenched in your views and logic, reason or evidence won't change that so I'm not gonna try.
RebelDuck
Three Star Recruit

Post by RebelDuck »

This was a thread about the Big 10 canceling their non-conference football games but got hi-jacked by personal differences. Keep on topic or take it to your personal messaging.

Regarding the traveling, teams can always take private charters to avoid the public and airport terminals.